All programs/games hang on loading if external hard drive connected.

Discus and support All programs/games hang on loading if external hard drive connected. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; With my WD 14TB easy store connected to the Xbox Series X, I am unable to open any program or game. Even the settings app. They hang upon opening, the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/throwawayfodder, Nov 24, 2020.

1. All programs/games hang on loading if external hard drive connected.

With my WD 14TB easy store connected to the Xbox Series X, I am unable to open any program or game. Even the settings app. They hang upon opening, the hard drive light will blink, and after a minute or two, I'll get an error stating "Please try again". Removing the hard drive immediately resolves the issue. Any help?

Xbox insider update was installed.

"For some reason [any program] took too long to start. (0x8027025a)

Much the same as this person's scenario

submitted by /u/throwawayfodder
    [link] [comments]

/u/throwawayfodder, Nov 24, 2020
  2. AngelObullets Win User

Xbox one freezes for a few seconds

Hi duke

Seems like you have had this issue a few times sorry about that, Are you on the insider program at all? and do you have a external hard drive?. I have had games freeze on external hard drive when suddenly they stop loading due to lack of power ect. And the
    insider question is due to, if there is a error somewhere else.
  3. The Auld Gamer Win User

Can't play apex legends because of this error...

Hi AngelObullets,

I am not on the insider program.

The game was originally installed on an external hard drive connected to my xbox one x and this ran fine.

I went to load the game up after not playing for a couple of weeks then this error appeared.

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it on the external hard drive but this didn't work.

I then uninstalled it again and reinstalled in on the internal hard drive but the error continued.

I will contact EA.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

John
  4. David Xing Win User

Can't load games or manage games + error 0X8027025a

I have tried loading games both on the internal hard drive and external.

I've disconnected my hard drive and tried to load games that are stored internally and this hasn't fixed it.
  5. TheAntiChristoO Win User

Did Any one Else have issuse when transferring data from xbox one to xbox one x?

Do you have an external hard drive plugged in to your xbox.

Do the games load ok from your internal drive. might be worth unplugging your external drive to make sure and load a game from internal drive.
  6. DerVaddi Win User

External hard drive question time!.

hi. i currently have two external hard drives connected to my xbox. a 4tb for all sorts of games on. and then a 500gb ssd. which i use for the games i often play so the load times are shortened. i have no problems.
Thema:

All programs/games hang on loading if external hard drive connected.

1. All programs/games hang on loading if external hard drive connected. - Similar Threads - programs games hang

2. Xbox Game Bar disables Mic as soon as I switch tabs/alt tab or go to any program.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar disables Mic as soon as I switch tabs/alt tab or go to any program.: How do I stop it from doing this? submitted by /u/greenfiretornado [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox Game Pass program wont install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass program wont install: i just got the subscription to try it out but I've been having problems trying to install the program. It stays stuck at the screen that says making things awesome I've try a couple of fixes but...
  4. I left the insider program, and now alot of my games are messed up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I left the insider program, and now alot of my games are messed up.: Hello, I recently left the Insider Hub for Xbox and plenty of my games are no longer working. I first noticed my Forza Horizon 4 has ripped from my ownership, i have none of my dlc and my vehicle...
  5. Insider program not showing game

in XboX Insiders
    Insider program not showing game: I received an invitation via email to the Microsoft Flight Simulator Beta on the 29th of July. I downloaded the insider program via the store logged into the same account, but the game isn't...
  6. Xbox has trouble installing certain games & Xbox can't leave Insider program

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox has trouble installing certain games & Xbox can't leave Insider program: The post is split up into two parts, PART A is for the issues around installing certain games. PART B is for trying to leave the preview program. PART A. Hello, I'm having issues with...
  7. progress from xbox not on the pc game pass program

in XBoX Games and Apps
    progress from xbox not on the pc game pass program: I had progress on my xbox, but when I signed in to my xbox account on the game pass beta program, It wasn't there 9380b921-00fa-4421-b260-03e3ff1c1d4b
  8. How do I leave this program? It updates in the middle of games!

in XboX Insiders
    How do I leave this program? It updates in the middle of games!: It constantly wants updates, like every other day! It forces updates on me literally in the middle of multiplayer games which makes me unimaginably angry. I'm done with this garbage, it's not...
  9. Add Original Xbox Games To The Xbox One Backward Compatibility Program

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Add Original Xbox Games To The Xbox One Backward Compatibility Program: Hey there, I know it might be impossible, but is it possible that you guys can add some or all of the Original Xbox games to the Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Program, cause I know that...
  10. My saved games on ME1 ME2 are no longer showing up after leaving updates preview program.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My saved games on ME1 ME2 are no longer showing up after leaving updates preview program.: I was in the updates preview program while playing ME1 and then ME2. We have been having issues with our internet lately and I was tired of the constant almost daily updates so I unenrolled. My...