Allowing Child Account to Add Friends

Discus and support Allowing Child Account to Add Friends in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; First off, I don't own an Xbox. Never have, never will. I only have a Microsoft Account. Thought I suppose I do technically have an Xbox account... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vickytoria85, May 29, 2020.

1. Vickytoria85
    Vickytoria85 Guest

First off, I don't own an Xbox. Never have, never will. I only have a Microsoft Account. Thought I suppose I do technically have an Xbox account through my PC (Xbox Console Companion) but treat it the same way Google has Google Games. I'm signed in, but
    never actually use it. If that makes sense. My children though play Minecraft on their tablet. Can anyone tell me, step by step (because I've read other questions similar to mine and they don't answer diddly-squat) where and how to add friends for them or
    change this permission for their child accounts via the Microsoft account site online, in browser (because I felt that needed to be clarified). Because right now, through the family page, even in the More Options drop down menu there is no clear way do to
    this. And have a picture to give you an idea what I'm talking about.

Allowing Child Account to Add Friends [​IMG]

:)

Vickytoria85, May 29, 2020
  2. Mr daffypyle Win User

Hi,

Adults in the family can manage settings online and these changes will be applied to any Windows 10 device the child signs in.

You can refer to the article Set up your family to
    know more of what you could manage.

In the article Add members to your Microsoft family,
    there is a note that if the person that you're adding is already part of another family, they'll first need to be removed from that family.

Hope you find the answer to your queries in these articles.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Problemas com a conta -[Translation - Account issues]

Hello JoãoPedroXR,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to add friends due to your Microsoft account's privacy settings. If you have a child account, you must

add your child account to a family by using an adult account. This will allow the adult account to

alter the privacy settings of the child account
    so the child account can add friends and utilize other social features. The articles we provided contain steps on how to complete this process. Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. shootemupnick Win User

Minecraft PE can't add friend to my child's Minecraft account.

in order to allow your child to add friends you need to got to account.xbox.com and log in with the parent account. Then go to profile>privacy settings and click on your childs gamertag. Then change the settings as desired under all tabs. I hope this helps!
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Could somebody have hijacked my child's Minecraft account on Xbox Live?

What do you mean "add herself/himself" as a friend?

Usually, friends are "mutual", which means one can request to be a friend, and only if your kid allows that person in their friend list, they become friends.

You as a parent can have your child's account added to your adult account via
    https://account.microsoft.com/family
    and set your child's account up so you will have to approve friend requests as a parent.
  6. Vadim5374 Win User

How do I change my child's Xbox one privacy settings?

I am on a windows computer and I still have no idea how to change my child's Xbox one privacy settings.

How do I allow his account to add friends?
Thema:

1. Allowing Child Account to Add Friends - Similar Threads - Allowing Child Account

2. Allowing Skype on XBox Child Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Allowing Skype on XBox Child Account: We are trying to get skype to work on my son's Xbox account and I have enabled camera, microphone, and contacts for Skype, but we are still getting a message about device capability and updating...
  3. Change Child Account to allow Third-Party apps

in XBoX on Windows
    Change Child Account to allow Third-Party apps: My son is trying to link Xbox account to Discord but is getting the message: Something went wrong Your parent has blocked access to games and apps that aren’t published by Microsoft. If you want...
  4. Allow child accounts on two family XBOX (One and One X) without parent account connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Allow child accounts on two family XBOX (One and One X) without parent account connected: Hi, I have two xbox (XBOX One and XBOX One X). The XBOX One X is setup as my default XBOX device. On this one, my child can connect with their child account (as members of my family group).On...
  5. Minecraft PE Wont Allow Multiplayer (thinks I have Child Account?)

in XBoX on Mobile
    Minecraft PE Wont Allow Multiplayer (thinks I have Child Account?): Trying to set up multiplayer on my android MC PE. But it errors saying settings are wrong. Follow the link and there it claims I have a child account. Log onto account and everything redirects...
  6. How to allow a child account access to xbox insider hub on a child account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to allow a child account access to xbox insider hub on a child account.: Hi, I am on a child account and I am wondering how to access xbox insider hub and my account. Thanks. 57044a97-4102-48f1-9a58-09b5a8213eec
  7. Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds.: In the settings for the child account following these steps through the menus.. settings-account-family settings-manage family members-child account profile-privacy and online safety-view details...
  8. Child account allowed to broadcast

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account allowed to broadcast: How do I change my child's account to allow broadcast? Was set to block.....changed to allow...hit submit....still shows block fedeb636-cee9-435c-abf5-907d95fdc200
  9. Allow Xbox Live Child Account play Plants vs. Zombies: Battle For Neighborville (and PvZ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Allow Xbox Live Child Account play Plants vs. Zombies: Battle For Neighborville (and PvZ...: This question actually applies to all three titles (PvZ GW, PvZ GW2, and now the new one, Battle for Neighborville). I have all three and have been very confused about how I can setup Xbox Live...
  10. Adding always allowed apps to my childs account on xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adding always allowed apps to my childs account on xbox one: On my daughters account when she wants to use an app I have the option to allow or always allow that app. On my sons new account I have to allow it each time. How do I add Netflix to the 'always...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox account child add friends