Already used free name change on Xbox while having never changed my name (to my knowledge)

Discus and support Already used free name change on Xbox while having never changed my name (to my knowledge) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So i have quite a simple question regarding my Xbox gamertag, this is currently my only gamertag on any online platform that isn't the same as all my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Dynamically, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Dynamically
    Dynamically Guest

Already used free name change on Xbox while having never changed my name (to my knowledge)

So i have quite a simple question regarding my Xbox gamertag, this is currently my only gamertag on any online platform that isn't the same as all my others and its bugging me that i can't change it without paying €9,99 because Xbox is saying i have already
    changed my gamertag before. To my knowledge i have actually never changed this name and my current gamertag is the one i used to make my account with.

My question is if there is a possibility of my account getting a free namechange considering i don't remember having ever changed my gamertag.

The Xbox account regarding this situation is 'CASH BUYS JOY'

:)

Dynamically, Feb 9, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Bart,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. When you created an account if you picked a name for yourself instead of sticking with the random generated one. That will count as your free gamer tag change.

Unfortunately, if you used the name change there is no other way to get a free one.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Dynamically Win User

I guess that answers my question, is there a possibility you can remove this thread considering i cant remove it using the edit tool?
  4. Dirty Loco Win User

Wanting to change gamertag

[quote user="DJ Squirrely"]I have a one time change for free, since i never used it[/quote]

No, you have used it. You used the free gamertag name change when you changed your from whatever random name you had to "DJ Squirrely". Even if you didn't change your name, you only had 30 days in which to use that free name change.
    All subsequent name changes are 800MSP.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Free gamertag change

Well two things first you already used it

As you already have a custom gamertag when you originally setup your account

2nd only new accounts with randomly generated names without the last 3 years get a free name change only oncr

That doesn't make sense. I didn't use my free name change by naming myself in the first place.

I figured it had to do with the account being old in the anyway.
    your first change is the creation of the account with a custom name

Only when you get a random generated name when you first create the account do you get an free name change
  6. ngocphi Win User

Never got my free name change

Nope you must use 2'renames

One to free up the name then the 2nd to get the name back and with the correct capitalization
Thema:

1. Already used free name change on Xbox while having never changed my name (to my knowledge) - Similar Threads - Already used free

2. prepaye code problem already used

in XBoX Accessibility
    prepaye code problem already used: Hello Following the purchase of an xbox live prepaid code 12 months, microsoft indicates that the code is already used. it is therefore unusable. Is it possible that there is a code error or that...
  3. Gears of War 4 bought with FNAC deal but the code seems "already used"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 4 bought with FNAC deal but the code seems "already used": Hi, I used a deal on FNAC to buy a Xbox One remote+cable+Gears of War 4 but when I use the Gears of War 4 code on my console that say the code is already used. I have contacted the FNAC...
  4. Already used code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Already used code: I bought a Xbox Gift Card for 50€. When I tried to activate it the Xbox said that it already has been used. The Vendor asked me to contact support to find out when it was used and by whom. Is...
  5. My account email is already in use

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account email is already in use: My xbox has had a profile on it for about two years and ive never had this Issue, my xbox is telling me when i sign in that my email is already in use. But i have another problem i dont have...
  6. Gift card I bought is already used

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift card I bought is already used: I just bought a Gift card and when redeeming it said its already used. I contacted the seller but they need me to find the date and activation time and need screenshots of my...
  7. Minecraft Windos 10 Installation code already used???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windos 10 Installation code already used???: Hello, during the installation unfortunately comes the indication that the code has already been used. Unfortunately, the game can not be found on the Microsoft account under the orders....
  8. Content already used

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Content already used: I was brought a copy of rdr2 for Christmas and as I was install I tried to enter the product keys for extra content and bonuses to find to my dismay that both codes came back with a response of...
  9. Free Gamertag Change? [Used one already]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Free Gamertag Change? [Used one already]: Hi, I would like a free Gamertag change if this is possible? When I record videos on YouTube it's awkward when my channel has a different name to my channel (I'm not planning on changing my...
  10. Free 14 days trial for XBOX LIVE already used when purchasing a NEW XBOX ONE...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Free 14 days trial for XBOX LIVE already used when purchasing a NEW XBOX ONE...: Hi support Last December, I bought a new XBOX One for my son instead of a PlayStaton 4. Last week, he asked me to insert the 14 days free trial code to try XBOX LIVE, in order for him to try...