Already used free name change on Xbox while having never changed my name (to my knowledge)

Discus and support Already used free name change on Xbox while having never changed my name (to my knowledge) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So i have quite a simple question regarding my Xbox gamertag, this is currently my only gamertag on any online platform that isn't the same as all my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Dynamically, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Dynamically
    Dynamically Guest

Already used free name change on Xbox while having never changed my name (to my knowledge)

So i have quite a simple question regarding my Xbox gamertag, this is currently my only gamertag on any online platform that isn't the same as all my others and its bugging me that i can't change it without paying €9,99 because Xbox is saying i have already
    changed my gamertag before. To my knowledge i have actually never changed this name and my current gamertag is the one i used to make my account with.

My question is if there is a possibility of my account getting a free namechange considering i don't remember having ever changed my gamertag.

The Xbox account regarding this situation is 'CASH BUYS JOY'

:)

Dynamically, Feb 9, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Bart,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. When you created an account if you picked a name for yourself instead of sticking with the random generated one. That will count as your free gamer tag change.

Unfortunately, if you used the name change there is no other way to get a free one.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Dynamically Win User

I guess that answers my question, is there a possibility you can remove this thread considering i cant remove it using the edit tool?
  4. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Hi Dynamically,

Thank you for letting us know that we were able to help. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel
    free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day!
  5. Dirty Loco Win User

Wanting to change gamertag

[quote user="DJ Squirrely"]I have a one time change for free, since i never used it[/quote]

No, you have used it. You used the free gamertag name change when you changed your from whatever random name you had to "DJ Squirrely". Even if you didn't change your name, you only had 30 days in which to use that free name change.
    All subsequent name changes are 800MSP.
  6. AFatBlackChick1 Win User

Change Gamertag

Hi, my name is Bella. Every account is allowed 1 free name change. After you use that 1 time free>>you have pay $10 for a name change.
Thema:

1. Already used free name change on Xbox while having never changed my name (to my knowledge) - Similar Threads - Already used free

2. This code has already been used.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    This code has already been used.: Hello, I bought a xbox live 12 months code but I have an error message: This code has already been used.The seller asks me the time the code was used the first time to give me a new one. Could you...
  3. Code live dèja utiliser [Translate] Live code already use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Code live dèja utiliser [Translate] Live code already use: Bonjour j'ai acheter un code de 14jours sur un cite internet le problème c'est qu'il était deja utiliser j'ai envoyer un émail au cite en question mais ils m'ont demander la date et l'heur a la...
  4. Code Xbox Live Gold already used

in XBoX on Consoles
    Code Xbox Live Gold already used: Hello, I bought an Xbox Live gold key today, but the seller asks when the key has been validated, so I can be refunded …. and I can't get to contact the direct online service....
  5. Live xbox code already used

in XBoX on Consoles
    Live xbox code already used: Hello, I bought a 3 month xbox live subscription however when I enter the code it is indicated as already used. Could I know the date this code was used, please? [Remove Subscription code by...
  6. Code schon benutzt [Translation-Code already used]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Code schon benutzt [Translation-Code already used]: hallo der Code [Mod Removed-Personal Info] wurde schon benutzt und ich möchte wissen an welchem tag und zu welcher uhrzeit dieser code eingelöst wurde . Dankeschön [Translation- Hello the...
  7. Already used, but deleted or changed gamertag.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Already used, but deleted or changed gamertag.: Hi, i recently wanted to make a new gamertag, so i was brain storming ideas and searching the names on xbox live to see if they were in use.. I searched the name i wanted and nothing came up,...
  8. prepaye code problem already used

in XBoX Accessibility
    prepaye code problem already used: Hello Following the purchase of an xbox live prepaid code 12 months, microsoft indicates that the code is already used. it is therefore unusable. Is it possible that there is a code error or that...
  9. Free Gamertag Change? [Used one already]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Free Gamertag Change? [Used one already]: Hi, I would like a free Gamertag change if this is possible? When I record videos on YouTube it's awkward when my channel has a different name to my channel (I'm not planning on changing my...
  10. Free 14 days trial for XBOX LIVE already used when purchasing a NEW XBOX ONE...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Free 14 days trial for XBOX LIVE already used when purchasing a NEW XBOX ONE...: Hi support Last December, I bought a new XBOX One for my son instead of a PlayStaton 4. Last week, he asked me to insert the 14 days free trial code to try XBOX LIVE, in order for him to try...