Always Appearing Offline on Xbox Live (PC)

Discus and support Always Appearing Offline on Xbox Live (PC) in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I always seem to be appearing offline on Xbox Live to my friends, even when I appear Online in the Xbox app, game bar, and anywhere else (to myself).... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Matthew Buckley, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Always Appearing Offline on Xbox Live (PC)

I always seem to be appearing offline on Xbox Live to my friends, even when I appear Online in the Xbox app, game bar, and anywhere else (to myself). How can I fix this? Thanks!

:)

Matthew Buckley, Nov 17, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Matthew welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. This might be due to an app glitch! I suggest uninstalling the app completely! Everytime that it tried to give me a hard time I do this and it works wonders! Here are the steps!

https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/windows/remo...

NOTE: This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
  3. rayford179 Win User

I'm not exactly sure how to fix this or why this happens but I have had some similar problems. One of the things that's caused this for me is the Xbox live services being down or having some issues and I've had friends tell me I'm offline when I know I had just went online if you wait you'll show up as online for them and it may be your privacy settings causing this issues, hope this helps and if not let me know!
  4. Zombie Heazie Win User

Always appearing offline

I'm having the issue where it keeps showing me offline and every time I go to change it to online, when I leave the screen, it puts me back offline. I've never changed my privacy settings on either XB1 or 360, and everything is set to allow it. This just
    started today, after playing online with a friend. He left, came back and I'm gone, while sitting in the lobby looking like a moron.
  5. Dakrkplayer2 Win User

Always appearing offline

I have no clue what doing this. My friends with XB1 are seeing as online. but I do not get it in your case. Maybe the good boys and gals of tech support will assisted you.
  6. Smeg-205EF7C3-0BCB-4 Win User

Always appearing offline

Thanks for the suggestion Ceero, it turns out my privacy settings for 360 were clashing with my One's privacy settings.
Thema:

1. Always Appearing Offline on Xbox Live (PC) - Similar Threads - Always Appearing Offline

2. always appearing offline in Minecraft Dungeons PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    always appearing offline in Minecraft Dungeons PC: I recently bought 2 copies of Minecraft Dungeons through Steam, 1 for each of my kids. Neither of them appear online in-game and therefore cannot group together to play. I've triple-checked all...
  3. Appearing offline always on XBOX1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Appearing offline always on XBOX1: For a year now have been appearing offline to everyone. Have tried everything to fix the problem recommended that I seen on other platforms and with no results. ??????...
  4. I am always appearing offline. (PC App, Win 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    I am always appearing offline. (PC App, Win 10): I checked my privacy settings, 'Everyone' should be able to see me online. I do not have the option to 'appear online'; it only says 'appear offline'. The app seems to be up to date. I can chat...
  5. Always appearing offline on Xbox Console Companion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Always appearing offline on Xbox Console Companion: I've got my profile set to appear online, but for some reason none of my friends can see me online. They cannot receive my messages but can receive my invites ironically. I've reset privacy...
  6. How do i play with friends? Me and my friends always appear offline. Can't send messages to...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i play with friends? Me and my friends always appear offline. Can't send messages to...: Out internet connection is fine. We can play Forza Horizon 4 online with other people, but we can't join each others session or send an invite so we can play together. My NAT type is open and...
  7. Always appear offline to friends on Xbox for Windows10

in XBoX on Windows
    Always appear offline to friends on Xbox for Windows10: For the longest time I always appear offline to my friends. I've tried to appear online/offline setting as well as gone into my privacy settings and made sure everything was set to 'everyone' and...
  8. Can't see handfull of friends always appear offline when their online.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't see handfull of friends always appear offline when their online.: I've been having this issue for about a year or so now. I've tried to get Xbox Support to help with no success. Basically I can't see a hand handful of my friends when they are online. Not on my...
  9. Friends always appear offline

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends always appear offline: For the past couple of weeks all most of my friends always appear offline. I have checked my account settings and everything looks good. I have asked them to check their account settings and it...
  10. Xbox Live friend always appearing offline and nothing is working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live friend always appearing offline and nothing is working: Im currently in a party on the same game with my friend, but it says he is offline. I'm not able to invite him to a game or anything though. He checked several times making sure his status is...