Am I able to reserve a gamertag for when they wipe them again?

Discus and support Am I able to reserve a gamertag for when they wipe them again? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’ve wanted the gamertag Wilbur for awhile and I was talking to a customer service tech who linked me to this saying I can make an official request for... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Aeoji, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Aeoji
    Aeoji Guest

I’ve wanted the gamertag Wilbur for awhile and I was talking to a customer service tech who linked me to this saying I can make an official request for a gamertag, just really want that gamertag and the account linked to it has been inactive for ages

:)

Aeoji, Jul 21, 2021
  2. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

as far as I know there is no way to reserve a gamertag in the case it will be released.

Also keep in mind that as another user there no way to tell if an account has been inactive or not. When people hide their activity nothing will be shown for others, which may look as someone being inactive.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

Yeah,you can not request or reserve a gamertag.They also don't do "mass wipes" anymore due to the new-ish system.

As of August 2016 if a gamertag is not used on any of Microsofts systems for 5 years then it may be freed up.

As of August 2019 if the account linked to a gamertag does not sign in to any Microsoft service for 2 years then the tag linked to that account may be freed up.

You have to also remember that gamertags are used on other services,not just xbox live,so just because a gamertag looks like it isn't being used on xbox live it may be being used somewhere else in the system.

Your only option is to keep checking the gamertag to see if it becomes available.
  4. The Resistance Win User

Someone isn't using a gamertag

No, there is not. If someone already owns it then it you will not be able to change your Gamertag to it even if it has no Xbox LIVE activity on it. Microsoft did a manual wipe of inactive Gamertags last year, but due to people selling them, they stopped
    it. I am not sure if they will ever do this again but I would keep an eye on the inactive Gamertag and on MajorNelson.com
    incase it ever becomes free or another wipe occurs.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Reserving Gamertags?

As far as I know they don"t reserve gamertags. There's no way to reserve a gamertag. You just have to get it when it becomes available.
  6. The Resistance Win User

Gamertag Change

No, you are mistaken. It is me who was correct. I was the one who stated that, Lady Dovahkiin did not. See below.

[quote user=""]As far as I am aware that has never happened with Gamertags. The only time inactive gamertags were reset was when Microsoft manualy did it for a week about a year ago. However that was stopped due people selling
    them on eBay and such. These were Gamertags that had no Xbox Live activity, no gamerscore, no previous payment history etc. Thanks![/quote]

LadyDovahkiin said that gamertags are wiped automatically, which from my point of view is wrong. This is not the case and their is no source to prove this. However the only time Original Gamertags were wiped, like I mentioned, was when Microsoft manually did
    it not automatically.
Thema:

1. Am I able to reserve a gamertag for when they wipe them again? - Similar Threads - able reserve gamertag

2. Will I be able to play on my Series X at 1080p 120fps VRR with this monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will I be able to play on my Series X at 1080p 120fps VRR with this monitor?: Hi. I want to buy a gaming monitor, specifically an MSI Optix G271(https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-G271). Will I be able with this monitor to play at 1080p 120fps with VRR enabled on my Series...
  3. I purchases the deluxe ver of Flight Sim but its not able to be accessed on the family Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchases the deluxe ver of Flight Sim but its not able to be accessed on the family Xbox...: Hi, I have purchsed the deluxe edition for Xbox of MS Flight Sim but, whilst it appears in my account , it does not appear in my childrens Xbox sign ins which are part of my family. How can I...
  4. I can't able to join Any server and Featured Server in Minecraft Pocket Edition

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can't able to join Any server and Featured Server in Minecraft Pocket Edition: When I update My Minecraft Pocket Edition this issue started happening. All the are showing disconnect from server and different sentence about Client Version. Please solve this issue and reply to...
  5. (Microsoft Edge) Not being able to run the app

in XboX Insiders
    (Microsoft Edge) Not being able to run the app: Has anyone had the issue where when you start the edge app, and a couple seconds later the app just shuts down? I If so has anyone found and solutions? submitted by /u/GlockFreeze [link]...
  6. I was able to purchase series S today from Microsoft using Xbox insiders program. Thank you...

in XboX Insiders
    I was able to purchase series S today from Microsoft using Xbox insiders program. Thank you...: It says it will be delivered tomorrow, I didn't order it until this afternoon. Shipped from California to West Palm Beach FL. Is this even possible? submitted by /u/halo748 [link] [comments]
  7. Not able to invite a friend to a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to invite a friend to a game: Hey , I use xbox s with game pass , I usually playing Fifa 2021(but I think its more general problem) Yesturady I was not able to invite my friend to a game , even when I sent him join to party...
  8. I’m not able to play GTA 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m not able to play GTA 5: I bought the Xbox ultimate game pass back in the beginning of February, and today it said that I had to renew it in order to play GTA 5. Instead of renewing that one I decided, for financial...
  9. Not able to install games on pc game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Not able to install games on pc game pass: I try to install it and it just says there are 0 available drives and i have two drives with adequate space c84b120d-0808-4e17-bfde-d7c7f39150b2
  10. Two Xbox 360 problems - 1. Smartglass connection 2. CoD Ghosts not able to download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Two Xbox 360 problems - 1. Smartglass connection 2. CoD Ghosts not able to download: 1. So I tried to connect my phone to my Xbox and it doesn't show me any code on my TV like it says. I tried to connect to the same network and there are no other Xboxes in my house but it does not...