Amazon Prime App interface broken?

Discus and support Amazon Prime App interface broken? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; scenario: i open the app, find a tv series. Blood &Treasure for instance, ( any series ) and i watch the first episode. I decide i want to watch the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DaveKv2, Sep 9, 2019.

1. DaveKv2
    DaveKv2 Guest

scenario: i open the app, find a tv series. Blood &Treasure for instance, ( any series ) and i watch the first episode. I decide i want to watch the entire series with my wife. The first episode is now no longer available.

It loads the last 10 seconds of the 1st episode credits and no matter what i do, there no way to get a menu option to rewatch from beginnig of episode 1. I then press button B to stop ep2 from playing and reselect ep1 and hit A button and episode2 begins
    again.

ive rebooted my console, deleted the app, re-installed the Prime Video app again. Certified it. Open the app. Bring up any series and no episode 1 will play if ive already watched it. Last week it was nott letting me access the next season. It would end
    scene credit of last episode of season and relapse to first episode of just watched season. And there was no menu interface to access next season.

Ive tried this on the xbox 1X in the the otherr room and its doing the same asn my xbox 1. The memu interface has a bug.

:)

DaveKv2, Sep 9, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi DaveKv2,

Thanks for updating us with your replies. From time to time, as we update our OS, certain apps may begin to fail (an example: Netflix, YouTube, etc) as it will have become incompatible with the platform, requiring the development team behind the app to make
    changes (in this case, Amazon). This may, or may not be, the cause of it all as this seems to be happening on different devices other than a console.

At this point, we'd highly recommend that you
    contact Amazon Prime support via a phone call or chat
    to have them formally document what is happening with their app on the Xbox platform so that that information may be passed on to the proper team for investigation. Sadly, there is no way for us (either
    here on the forums or otherwise) to contact them on your behalf regarding this, and to be truthful, you as the consumer are of higher interest to them and would have more leeway.

Since there is little else to add to this thread as there is no other resolution, we'll be locking the thread at this time.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    We hope that everything gets resolved sooner rather than later and wish you all the best.

Thanks again for posting in the forums and have a great day!
  3. DaveKv2 Win User

Follow up:

Xbox One and Xbox 1X: Using a main computer and accessing a verified paid account and drilling down through user account setting to YOUR PRIME VIDEO: Acessing settings for Playback: UNCHECK autoplay.

Then access Watch History tab and remove ( yes its painful one at a time selections) uncheck or Remove from history any titles and return to main Amazon page. DOES NOT FIX THIS ISSUE.

ALL known methods results in an endless loop of exact glitches and efforts in any order of atrempts to fix this issue. We need Microsfts help to pressure the app development team @Amazon to correct this bug.

Very frustrating and we need help. Thank you

long time gamer
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi DaveKv2,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue with the Amazon Prime app. Thus far, it looks like you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting but aren't seeing the desired results.

As you've tried the app on different devices but are still having the same situation present itself within the app, you'll want to reach out directly to Amazon Prime Support to enquire if they're aware of the issue or if they may provide any further troubleshooting
    to get you back to normal on the app.

Support Options & Contact Us - Amazon Prime

Give this a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out.
  5. DaveKv2 Win User

Thank you for the very quick response, I respect your integrity of addressing the issues ( apparently many users, see below ) that you are replying to as per my posting here. Amazon offers no valid solutions even in the PDF manual
    included and their menu help system is decrepit at best for any type of support, but I think if you make notes from the information I provide below, this is at least where people can start looking for help rather than the answer previously supplied by you
    ( but appreciated ).

Amazonforums.com for Amazon paid subscribers is a quick look, but read below.

In the valid links below, these issues were found after 12 hours of scouring the internet using a variety of search terms. What immediately became apparent is that Prime Video is flawed on many devices and has been for quite some
    time.

https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/digital-content/prime-video/515090-no-play-from-beginning-option-on-new-xbox-one

https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/digital-content/prime-video/516780-cant-restart-previously-viewed-episodes-in-any

I've just adjusted my watch history by removing all titles from amazon, and will now go attempt to make the videos watchable again. Will edit my post paragraph and report back quickly.

Respect to MS and the XBOX team.
  6. CeasedThought Win User

Hulu Plus app broken?

Amazon prime app works good.
Thema:

1. Amazon Prime App interface broken? - Similar Threads - Amazon Prime App

2. Unable to re-download Amazon Prime Video app on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to re-download Amazon Prime Video app on Xbox 360: I’m in the UK and have an Xbox 360. I had to delete my Amazon Prime Video app, because I needed to change Amazon accounts and it wouldn’t allow me to log out of the app (just kept saying error,...
  3. Amazon prime app Media remote not working

in XboX Insiders
    Amazon prime app Media remote not working: play, fast forward, stop, etc buttons don't work. submitted by /u/Hoddinski [link] [comments]
  4. Audio delay (lag) only on Amazon Prime Video app

in XboX Insiders
    Audio delay (lag) only on Amazon Prime Video app: I've seen elsewhere to 'uncheck 24hz' but that has not worked. I've unchecked 50hz also, but the sound is unwatchably delayed. Sound in all other apps is fine. Any suggestions? submitted by...
  5. My video apps like Amazon Prime, Netflix and Youtube are not starting. Games do work..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My video apps like Amazon Prime, Netflix and Youtube are not starting. Games do work..: Hi all, since 3 days some apps on my Xbox One are not starting anymore. I get the following error: Try again in a while Apologies, our service isn't working properly at the moment. To check...
  6. Can't access amazon prime or internet app!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't access amazon prime or internet app!: I updated my xbox one x on the latest update and now I can no longer get into my amazon prime or internet apps please help! I am very frustrated and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall with no...
  7. Amazon Prime Video app download error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Prime Video app download error: I upgraded my xbox one to xbox one X today. Only problem I've had is with the app for Amazon Prime Video which we use all the time. After downloading it, it comes back with "getting your app...
  8. Amazon Prime Video App not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Prime Video App not working: The Amazon Prime Video app is not loading on my Xbox One X. For a week it was loading but any video stuttered and crashed the app. Now it’s not opening at all and showing the error code...
  9. Where is Amazon Prime app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where is Amazon Prime app?: Hi, Am a member of Amazon Prime and Xbox Gold, yet cannot find the Amazon Prime app to download. Specifically subscribed to Xbox Gold just to watch Amazon Prime -now have two memberships paid...
  10. Amazon Prime Video App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Prime Video App: When I click on the app my tv losses signal to the Xbox (only for this app) when I hold the ball my controller vibrates so I know it’s still on I either have to turn it off and back on to get on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amazon prime video app not installing