An illegal state change was requested

Discus and support An illegal state change was requested in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So ive recently bought minecraft bedrock edition, i initially had a lot of issues logging into the microsoft store, but i eventually got through. now... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by boblet2, May 24, 2022.

1. boblet2
    boblet2 Guest

So ive recently bought minecraft bedrock edition, i initially had a lot of issues logging into the microsoft store, but i eventually got through. now though, i have installed minecraft, and when it asks me to log into my microsoft account, i fill out the correct login information, and it gives me a pop up saying. "we could not sign you into xbox live. an illegal state change was requested"

:)

boblet2, May 24, 2022
  2. boblet2 Win User

not sure what exactly you mean by deleting the previous credentials, but everything else you listed has already been tried
  3. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

an illegal state change was requested

Hello, did you try to change your location recently??
  4. Mr.socksWithsandals Win User

Hello, I am currently running windows 11, and have the Xbox console companion app installed but the problem persists.

The problem seemed to originate with Microsoft OneDrive if that helps.

Thanks

Edit - It would help if you could tell me what "An illegal state change was requested" even means

Thanks again
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Mr.socks, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 21H2, because recently came out the latest update to Windows 10 and 11.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates often seen as optional, Microsoft released major fixes this week, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update and then make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have

the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Boblet2! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please be sure that you are using in the Xbox app, the Microsoft store app and the game the same email address and password, also that this match the one used to log into Windows

You can also try installing the console companion app and check if the issues repeat

Try deleting the previous credentials saved on the system

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/acc...
Thema:

1. An illegal state change was requested - Similar Threads - illegal state change

2. An illegal state change was requested

in XBoX Accessibility
    An illegal state change was requested: Hello, I have recently been having trouble accessing and playing games via Microsoft and the Xbox app. I logged in with OneDrive recently which solved the same problem on my friends computer, but...
  3. We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live, An illegal state change was requested - Error 0x8000000D

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live, An illegal state change was requested - Error 0x8000000D: I recently added a second email to my microsoft account to consolidate everything as I didn't want to lose my old xbox profile. Since then, I've signed up for xbox games pass and attempted to sign...
  4. Illegal State Change?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Illegal State Change?: I recently bought Minecraft and was trying to sign in to the launcher. When I tried to do so, the sign in thing said "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live. An illegal state change was requested."...
  5. Illegal state change was requested??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Illegal state change was requested??: Hello, I have an issue with logging into my xbox app, each time I wanna log in with my account I get an error message that says that an illegal state change was requested and I have no idea how to...
  6. illegal state change requested error.

in XBoX Accessibility
    illegal state change requested error.: 我刚买了新的 Forza 5 地平线,注意到当我尝试在 pc 上制作车队/派对时,它要求我登录,我登录了,它提示我请求了非法的状态更改,但它 法登录。但是我可以在谷歌或任何浏览器上登录我的帐户,但如果我尝试登录一个 xbox 应用程序,它会说同 的事情。现在我检查了我的州和时区的设置都是正确的,我已经搜索了 天的修复方法,但还没有找到我可以这 做的方法,请帮助。...
  7. An illegal state change was requested Minecraft error.

in XBoX Accessibility
    An illegal state change was requested Minecraft error.: Today I bought Minecraft bedrock addition because I wanted to play with one of my friends on Xbox. So I jumped through all the usual hoops and installed it onto my computer. I launched the game...
  8. an illegal state change was requested

in XBoX on Windows
    an illegal state change was requested: Dear microsoft, I just tried logging in on the xbox app on my pc because I have the game pass. But it says 'an illegal state change was requested' when I try to log in. I can log in online and on...
  9. Illegal State Change requested when trying to log into the XBOX launcher

in XBoX Accessibility
    Illegal State Change requested when trying to log into the XBOX launcher: Hello. Recently, I got the gamepass and tried to sign into the XBOX Live app (or whatever the app is called where the games are at) on PC so I could access the games that it comes with. However,...
  10. An illegal state change was requested (Xbox Live)

in XBoX on Windows
    An illegal state change was requested (Xbox Live): Hello, Whenever i try to log in to my Xbox live account I am prompted to give my email and then password, both are correct, however I am then redirected to a screen which says "We are unable to...