Android Xbox One App Controller

Discus and support Android Xbox One App Controller in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; The controller built into the Xbox App on Android doesn't register for me at all anymore I use it all the time when I'm just watching netflix or hulu,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by AlcoholicJesus, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Android Xbox One App Controller

The controller built into the Xbox App on Android doesn't register for me at all anymore I use it all the time when I'm just watching netflix or hulu, but it won't register at all anymore. The app connects to my xbox just fine (or so it says) but it won't
    register any button I press on the controller, please help. It's a minor inconvenience but it sure was helpful saving battery life, especially since my left thumbstick gets stuck on my actual controller.

:)

AlcoholicJesus, Feb 7, 2019
  2. BusGod Win User

Receiver volume using controller

You can use your smartphone as a controller for volume using Xbox One smart glass app for Android and iOS
  3. Jurgen1488 Win User

How to connect a controller to mobile android

On Android u can use only Xbox SmartGlass app an in this app is display controller for your Xbox, no more.
  4. medium bloke Win User

Xbox one controller on android

Hi there,

Interesting question, as I understand it - it could be quite hard to do, even if it is possible.

So essentially, Android support dualshock controllers as I understand, but I'm not sure about Xbox One controllers. Android phones sometimes have compatibility features for controllers and mice, but remember that the Xbox may be different.

The Xbox One controller has a micro USB port on the top, so you will need a micro USB cable with two smaller ends, or you could get a small changer for a normal micros USB cable. However, there's no guarantee it will be detected by the Android OS.

I would recommend having the most recent version of Android your device can support, in the hopes that it will increase any potential compatibility. Some people online recommend certain apps that can run on Android to support controllers, however many people
    suggest that you will need a rooted phone in order to install and use that app.

I'd suggest looking online for some more guides on this.

Good luck!
  5. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey Jesus thanks for keeping us updated.

We're glad to hear that everything was solved. We will be locking this post as resolved but please
    don't hesitate to post again if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for being a valued Xbox Member!
  6. AlcoholicJesus Win User

FYI I have tried several things already. I've tried to close the app and restart it, same with the xbox. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, I've tried force stopping and clearing the data and cache of the app. I've tried everything I can
    think of.
Thema:

1. Android Xbox One App Controller - Similar Threads - Android App Controller

2. Can not find individual channels within Xbox clubs whilst on Android app. (not sure about...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not find individual channels within Xbox clubs whilst on Android app. (not sure about...: As title. I own a good sized Ark: Survival Evolved server cluster and we recently set-up a club for community interaction etc but as the club has gotten more popular we have added new channels for...
  3. Xbox app on Android - how to obtain code?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app on Android - how to obtain code?: So I installed Xbox app on the tablet I've recently bought. In the "Welcome" screen I found an option to connect it with my console but I got stuck on first screen where app asks me to "Enter the...
  4. Have not been able to sign into Xbox app on Android for months - help!

in XBoX on Mobile
    Have not been able to sign into Xbox app on Android for months - help!: Hi I've continually had issues with signing onto my Xbox app using my Samsung S9 Android phone. This has been going on for months. (I am on the Alpha skip ahead insider program as a matter of...
  5. Xbox App on Android not getting notifications

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox App on Android not getting notifications: I have been having this problem for a long time and it's extremely inconvenient and frustrating! I have some friends in another country. To coordinate play times we send each other messages...
  6. Really wish the Xbox app for Android was more user friendly...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Really wish the Xbox app for Android was more user friendly...: I would love it if it had the standard features of an actual remote, similar to the Cable/TV version. Having to swipe is very cumbersome, which is why I rarely touch the app. I would much rather...
  7. Cortana Android App

in XBoX on Mobile
    Cortana Android App: When i first downloaded conrtana app on my android it asked me to sign in and i did. I was able to fully control my xbox one no matter if i was home or not via voice. Now everytime i try to use...
  8. Android Xbox app does not give any notifications whatsoever

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Android Xbox app does not give any notifications whatsoever: Galaxy Note 8, using Xbox app from the Android store. I have all notifications selected in the settings screen of the app but I never get any notifications. (yes, I have friends who party invite...
  9. Xbox App Not Working After Android Oreo Update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App Not Working After Android Oreo Update: Split from this thread. Hi, I have a new Samsung S9 with the Oreo os. I used to have a Samsung S7 with Nougat. On Nougat, the xbox app worked perfectly. Now, with the Oreo Os, I can open the...
  10. YouTube App can be controlled by unpaired Android Tablet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    YouTube App can be controlled by unpaired Android Tablet: I can have my Xbox One playing a game, watching Netflix, or on the home screen. Then my brother can load his YouTube app on his android tablet and hit a button and have it launch the video in the...