Annoying message on start up

Discus and support Annoying message on start up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time I turn on my Xbox One X offline I get "You'll need the internet for this. It doesn't look like you are connected to the internet. Check your... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by timpbader, Jul 31, 2019.

1. timpbader
    timpbader Guest

Every time I turn on my Xbox One X offline I get "You'll need the internet for this. It doesn't look like you are connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again. 0x800704cf

I prefer to play offline except when downloading updates or new games. I just don't like seeing error messages every time I turn on my Xbox One X.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

:)

timpbader, Jul 31, 2019
  2. Ricardo Cintra Win User

You connect your console in by Cable or Wi-Fi connection? the NAT of your Network is Open?
  3. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User
  4. Christyna64 Win User

I know there is a console update coming soon. Maybe connect to see if there is an update available then go back offline.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Timpbader,

Thanks for keeping us updated. When you go offline are you just disconnecting from the internet? Also you stated you are getting the error when you start the Xbox up, or is it when you launch a game? If it is a game, then that save has some part of online
    play saved to it. Try these steps see if it improves. Connect to your internet completely. Run both the network and multiplayer and they say it all good. Make sure there are no updates, for games or system. There is a Microsoft store update that came out
    today. Then while in network settings select go offline. Once it is switched
    power cycle
    the console. Then turn on the console see if it shows.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey there
    timpbader
    !

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums and create a new thread
    for further assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Felix

Xbox forums support
Thema:

1. Annoying message on start up - Similar Threads - Annoying message start

2. Annoying message on start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying message on start up: Every time I turn on my Xbox One X offline I get "You'll need the internet for this. It doesn't look like you are connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again. 0x800704cf The...
  3. I AM ANNOYED HOW MICROSFT IS HANDLING THIS PROBLEM

in XBoX on Consoles
    I AM ANNOYED HOW MICROSFT IS HANDLING THIS PROBLEM: I'm really annoyed with Microsoft and how terrible they have handled my problem. I sent in my xbox for repair and received my xbox last week with no cables or controller. I contacted support...
  4. Very annoying randoms lags and sounds issues since last update

in XboX Insiders
    Very annoying randoms lags and sounds issues since last update: since last update, after playing some hours when i receive a notification my xbox starts to freezes and after that i got really unsupportable sound bugs and it starts to freeze more and more until...
  5. I am annoyed that I cannot play Sudoku today. It was fine yesterday - didn't need changing.

in XBoX on Windows
    I am annoyed that I cannot play Sudoku today. It was fine yesterday - didn't need changing.: I want sudoku restored to the way it was yesterday. I don't understand the changes or requirements on my part to get back in. 2cf2ab60-6b53-464c-8923-45c7e13902b4
  6. XBOX ONE X: Guide Menu no "Swoosh" Sound and annoying sound Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE X: Guide Menu no "Swoosh" Sound and annoying sound Issues: Hi, I have a really strange and according to goolge very rare problem: When i open up my Guide-Menu (The small menu on the left, that opens when pressing the Guide-Button) there is no "Swoosh"...
  7. messages annoy me sometimes

in XBoX on Consoles
    messages annoy me sometimes: so when you get a messages on xbox you click on it and it goes away well i have a issue it says i have a unopend message but that message isnt in my inbox i checked thorough my whole inbox 3 times...
  8. VERY ANNOYING DO YOU OWN THIS GAME MESSAGE EVERY TIME WHEN CHANGING GAME

in XBoX Games and Apps
    VERY ANNOYING DO YOU OWN THIS GAME MESSAGE EVERY TIME WHEN CHANGING GAME: I am getting totally overdosed about this message "Omistatko tämän pelin tai sovelluksen? Jos sinulla on pelilevy,aseta se laitteeseen nyt. Jos ostit levyn verkosta, niin varmista,että olet...
  9. Sonic Adventure DX - Annoying Xbox message appearing whenever I start up the game. >:(

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sonic Adventure DX - Annoying Xbox message appearing whenever I start up the game. >:(: This is really starting to get on my nerves now. Everytime I start up Sonic Adventure DX, a message ALWAYS pops up saying "Thanks for unlocking the Full Version. Returning to Title Screen". Is...
  10. I get this same message And it's **** annoying

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get this same message And it's **** annoying: I've been waiting for an hour and this **** still ain't working fix up 1eb5c7be-1f64-4b70-a7bc-2d86107a490f