Any reason people can message you "Hang yourself" and not get banned?

Discus and support Any reason people can message you "Hang yourself" and not get banned? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is there any good reason Microsoft doesn't ban people for telling you to "hang yourself", but bans people for calling others "[mod removed] morons"?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ChristopheStapinsky, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Any reason people can message you "Hang yourself" and not get banned?

Is there any good reason Microsoft doesn't ban people for telling you to "hang yourself", but bans people for calling others "[mod removed] morons"?

Reporting the player does nothing. Usually there's a message saying there's been action on an account following a report, but apparently promoting suicide specifically by hanging is A-OK, at least according to Microsoft. Calling people morons isn't though. That's bad.

Oh and there's no way of contacting support regarding this issue, the support website just loops you around hoops infinitely, so you can't actually escalate the issue.

Any way I can stop this loser from spamming "hang yourself" to people?

:)

ChristopheStapinsky, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

It's usually immediate. When I report someone messaging me to end my life, I get a message from Xbox literally 3 seconds after reporting, saying action has been taken. I've reported him 24 hours ago and I haven't received a peep. I doubt I'm the only only reporting too, since he was so toxic in-game and message a lot of people. Does it depend on the method to perform the act the person suggests? Why is it so inconsistent?
    If there is profanity involved it can typically be instant because that's easy to spot. Anything else has to be investigated by the team so it just takes longer. So not all suspensions are immediate.
  3. Smwutches Win User

It's usually immediate. When I report someone messaging me to end my life, I get a message from Xbox literally 3 seconds after reporting, saying action has been taken. I've reported him 24 hours ago and I haven't received a peep. I doubt I'm the only only reporting too, since he was so toxic in-game and message a lot of people. Does it depend on the method to perform the act the person suggests? Why is it so inconsistent?
    If there is profanity involved it can typically be instant because that's easy to spot. Anything else has to be investigated by the team so it just takes longer. So not all suspensions are immediate.
  4. ChristopheStapinsky Win User

5. Smwutches Win User

Reporting and blocking is all you need to do and yes it does work. The enforcement team will investigate and take the appropriate action. Investigations can take time so it won't be immediate and you won't know when they are given an enforcement action.
  6. BlackSilverAce Win User

Sniping- Gamestop style

Moral of the story- hanging around gamestop when someone gets the short end of the stick with trade ins can get you a pretty good deal on new games for yourself!
Thema:

1. Any reason people can message you "Hang yourself" and not get banned? - Similar Threads - reason message Hang

2. Any reason people can message you "Hang yourself" and not get banned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Any reason people can message you "Hang yourself" and not get banned?: Is there any good reason Microsoft doesn't ban people for telling you to "hang yourself", but bans people for calling others "[mod removed] morons"? Reporting the player does nothing. Usually...
  3. Old Xbox messages are being deleted for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old Xbox messages are being deleted for no reason: So I wanted to check my old messages on my Xbox one from like 3-8 years ago, but whenever I go to old messages on my Xbox one and click into a conversation all the previous messages are gone, but...
  4. banned for no reason and now I'm being constantly messaged by the guy who got me banned.

in XBoX on Consoles
    banned for no reason and now I'm being constantly messaged by the guy who got me banned.: I got banned 20 minutes ago for saying the words "dead" and "nutting" which I must say is pretty stupid. i went nutting earlier with my grandpa. we went around and looked for nuts. to make matters...
  5. Xbox wont let me send messages for no reason how do i fix this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox wont let me send messages for no reason how do i fix this: So this is a brand new account the settings are all set so everybody can message me. there is no enforcement action on this account (it was just made not even 24 hours ago) and there are...
  6. i cant send messages on xbox one for some reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cant send messages on xbox one for some reason: I cant seem to send messages on Xbox one or the Xbox app but i haven't been banned from communications. It doesn't give me an error code when i click the help button, rather it just tells me...
  7. I can’t send messages on my account for some reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t send messages on my account for some reason: I can’t send messages on my account for some reason. I need help 951a0b61-5833-45dd-af8d-9b6dc6537e0d
  8. Banned From Messaging For No Reason

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Banned From Messaging For No Reason: When I try and message someone from the app it says that I can't, and when I did it from the website it said, "Since your past behavior, you cannot message." I never said anything wrong and all of...
  9. Error message for no reason : "Your profile is not allowed to play the xbox live"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error message for no reason : "Your profile is not allowed to play the xbox live": Hello, I just bough a subscription to xbox live the 16 july 2017 of 1 month at 6.99€. Since this day, i could play xbxo live, online normaly. But today, when i try to play multiplayer on call of...
  10. I can't send messages on Xbox for know reason! It's been this way for months

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't send messages on Xbox for know reason! It's been this way for months: why can I not send messages in Xbox live 55b49156-3f2a-412c-a1b9-2e48eac30343