Any update to the issue of Endless Plex buffering on the Insider Rings?

Discus and support Any update to the issue of Endless Plex buffering on the Insider Rings? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Please do not delete this thread, this directly involves an issue with the Insider rings and a bug causing Plex to go into an Endless buffer loop at... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/mad597, Oct 1, 2019.

1. /u/mad597
    /u/mad597 Guest

Please do not delete this thread, this directly involves an issue with the Insider rings and a bug causing Plex to go into an Endless buffer loop at various times. Please read all the notes here

Just for a quick recap

*Plex will start endlessly buffering on Xbox's in the insider rings, people have reported it on Skip Ahead, Alpha, It will happen to various 1080P and 4k video material. This will happen after 5-20mins of normal playback. If you exit the video and start where you left off it will play for another 5-20mins until it buffers again.

*This happens on wifi or even hardwire Ethernet, this is not a Plex server issue as people can stream the same material fine on other Plex clients

*Multiple people have made threads about this on this reddit and also reported the issues on their Xbox's. I report this issue about twice a week now for the last several months

*Plex Developers have been able to reproduce the problem, they have confirmed this is an Xbox platform issue, They have given this info to Xbox Developers

This should be an easy slam dunk to squash this bug. Yet with all of this the Plex issues have not even made it to the known issue list and we have had no further indication it is being worked on.

Previous Reddit threads on this exact issues

An Xbox Insider Admins says they will look at it, no update since then

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinside..._been_3_updates_now_and_still_have_buffering/

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/d30vaa/plex_constant_buffering_on_previews/

Here is info confirming Plex devs have reproduced the issue and handed off the info to MS. Moussa is a plex Employee

https://forums.plex.tv/t/constant-buffering-on-xbox-one/225280

MoussaPlex Employee24d

I’m aware of the issues and have passed on new samples and information provided by you all to Microsoft to see what they can find. Will let you know what they say.

Here is where @moussa says they were able to reproduce the problems

MoussaPlex Employee14d

@swanlee I reproduced the issue, yes. Haven’t heard back from Microsoft yet about how they got on with it. I don’t know of any possible mitigation, apart from perhaps transcoding down to a lower quality. But obviously that isn’t ideal.

@CrimsonTide Thanks for the interesting graphic. Kodi on Xbox One use their own player stack, while we use the native player stack on the Xbox One (which we have very little control over).

submitted by /u/mad597
    [link] [comments]

/u/mad597, Oct 1, 2019
  2. AbnormalyDeadly Win User

Constant buffering for no reason.

My connection is not great, mostly because i use wireless and its not very consistent so i get a lot of drops in my connection and when that happens the video will buffer most of the time. On the old Youtube app it would take like 10 or 15 seconds to buffer
    sometimes less but i didn't buffer that much maybe 2 or sometimes 3 times a video. On the New youtube layout i get stuck in what seems like a endless buffer and have to restart the video 95% of the time to get out of it. If i have a 2 bar connection the video
    plays with no problems but if i have a 3 bar it stops mid video and i get stuck in a buffer.

I personally liked the old version more because buffering was a issue but not that big of a problem. The new version i get stuck in endless buffers and sometimes i can't even get videos to play there also seems to be a endless video loading bug to which
    is annoying. Hopefully they fix it I'm just going to use my computer from now on.
  3. HugoAgogo74 Win User

XBOX1 Why No Media Centre?

i love the media centre faility , download plex onto ur home pc , organise ur files inside plex , now have a look at ur media connection , you can pay for plex premium which is cheap as for a year but you dont have to alo works just as dnla compliant , all
    my video files organised .
  4. AbnormalyDeadly Win User

has youtube updated and fixed there app

It fixed my buffering issues it doesn't take 20 minutes to buffer anymore. Not sure if it's fixed freezing issues though but haven't had any today.
  5. Galactic Geek Win User

PLEX media streaming app coming to Xbox One

An update at the bottom says it's not actually made by PLEX, even though it's PLEX. They've outsourced the development of their own app. Interesting...
  6. smileboot Win User

Constant buffering for no reason.

Post update, update.

Issue is still present.

Tried using a usb drive to eliminate my hard drive as an issue. Still buffered for no reason.
Thema:

1. Any update to the issue of Endless Plex buffering on the Insider Rings? - Similar Threads - update issue Endless

2. MGS V graphics issue since October update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MGS V graphics issue since October update: [img] I was playing MGS V on my XBox One X Monday and Tuesday with no problems. My XBox automatically updated Wednesday morning at 5:32am, and when I got home from work Wednesday, my game...
  3. Xbox One X update issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X update issue: Hi, last night my consol (Xbox One X Scorpio) was trying to install an update but everytime it reaches 85% the system crashes and i get the "Something went wrong" screen. Now no matter what...
  4. My issues with the most recent Skip Ahead updates.

in XboX Insiders
    My issues with the most recent Skip Ahead updates.: I've had several issues with recent Skip Ahead updates. It's getting better but still a long way off. Here's my issues list. "Must be connected to Internet to use the App" when I am connected....
  5. Xbox is showing 2 individual updates for some games, would this be a storage issue? It just...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox is showing 2 individual updates for some games, would this be a storage issue? It just...: submitted by /u/ManicFirestorm [link] [comments]
  6. XBOX 360 Game-update Download Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360 Game-update Download Issue: Hello there epic xbox gamers I recently bought a used xbox 360, because i loved it as a kid and wanted to relive my childhood! The machine is white and has a hard drive slot at the top (i think...
  7. went back to set up update issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    went back to set up update issues: MY brothers who has down syndrome' his xbox one was working great on Wednesday night but when I went to start up his xbox one the next day it some reason went back to the setting up your xbox one....
  8. Where's an update on the sign-in issues???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where's an update on the sign-in issues???: It's been nearly 8 hrs since the last update concerning the signing in issue!! When will this be fixed?? Also, why was I sign-out abruptly when everything was fin since this morning?? Pretty sure...
  9. Any update on if this issue will be resolved as thousands have experienced this within 2...

in XboX Insiders
    Any update on if this issue will be resolved as thousands have experienced this within 2...: [IMG] submitted by /u/mosesshiferaw12 [link] [comments]
  10. Login issues after latest update, outage issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Login issues after latest update, outage issues: When signing out of Microsoft Solitaire Collection on my iPad it used to ask just this app or all apps , no longer does why? Also when signing in it would offer all Xbox accounts to login with and...