Anyone else billed for Watchdogs Legion?

Discus and support Anyone else billed for Watchdogs Legion? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi to all, Just curious whether this has just affected me or whether others were impacted. To cut a longish story short I ordered Watchdogs Legion... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by P1nk Raspberry, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Anyone else billed for Watchdogs Legion?

Hi to all,

Just curious whether this has just affected me or whether others were impacted. To cut a longish story short I ordered Watchdogs Legion back in September last year. Cancelled the order when Ubisoft announced the delay. Got the email confirms saying the order
    was cancelled etc. But notice I was charged for the game a couple of days back (Sunday the 23rd of Feb). This is about two weeks before it was originally due to launch on the 6th of March 2020. But I cancelled and the game is not coming out till much later
    this year. Something went wrong behind the scenes at the Xbox billing side. When I contacted Xbox support they told me the game was coming out on the 6th of March and referred me to this page:

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/watch-dogs-legion

On here it states the game is coming out on the 6th so it was a bit of a hassle trying to convince Xbox support that the date is incorrect.

Anyway if you ordered the game in advance you may wish to check if you have been billed for it and request a refund.

Getting the refund arranged was a hassle as the order did not show up in my account (as it was cancelled), I did not get the usual email advising my card was about to be billed etc.

Just wanted to share.

:)

P1nk Raspberry, Feb 25, 2020
  2. P1nk Raspberry Win User

> Did Xbox customer service refunded you while you were chatting or calling them? How long did it took for you to convince them of the delay by Ubisoft?

It took me two separate chat sessions. The first person helped me find the order but told me to call a number to do the refund. He was definitely not convinced the game was delayed :) the second chat session processed
    the refund and it took about 3 days to hit my account.
  3. Boss2018 Win User

There is not request a refund option under my order and the game is delayed by Ubisoft so why did Microsoft charged everyone for the preorders?
  4. Deano_M_ Win User

thanks for the heads up i got this as well. just submit a refund if you're requiring a refund .
  5. P1nk Raspberry Win User

In my case there was no order showing in the normal order section. I think this is because I had cancelled the game (I have the email confirmation that I cancelled last year). This meant I could not do any automated cancel and instead needed to contact Xbox
    customer service. Thankfully I still had the original order number so I gave them and they were able to see that it was charged. The next challenge was convincing xbox support that the game was delayed as on some pages on xbox.com it still shows as being released
    on March the 6th.

<start moan>

To be honest I was really disappointed with the whole experience as this is clearly xbox dropping the ball and it was a real hassle (a) working out what the xbox charge was for (no email saying my card would be charged and for what just noticed it on my
    bank statement), having to waste time working out what it was for, spend time convincing support staff that the game was delayed (not sure they still believe me on this point). And I cancelled months ago... anyway still loving Xbox... but a little less at
    the moment
  6. mareledanut Win User

I preordered it back in September and canceled just as you but i did not get charged. Try contacting support they will surely refund it in not time.
Thema:

1. Anyone else billed for Watchdogs Legion? - Similar Threads - Anyone else billed

2. xbox app installer problem downloading anyone else has same issue they fixed?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app installer problem downloading anyone else has same issue they fixed?: app only downloads a quarter and then stops and doesnt download the rest gets stuck in that quarter of the download 3af94869-d5e6-4009-9138-81319bdab58c
  3. Has anyone else been having trouble restarting?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone else been having trouble restarting?: I’m in Alpha Skip Ahead and for the past few builds every time I try to do a restart or full shut down my console doesn’t turn off/restart. It loses signal on my TV when I do that but the power...
  4. I'm with e200 error, and I can't update the console, because I'm an insider, anyone else...

in XboX Insiders
    I'm with e200 error, and I can't update the console, because I'm an insider, anyone else...: [IMG] submitted by /u/nrwnv2013 [link] [comments]
  5. Microsoft Store Issues? Anyone Else?

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store Issues? Anyone Else?: Microsoft Store is down for me on PC and Xbox...code 0x00000193! In addition I’m having issues connecting to CoD: MW...anyone else experiencing these issues? submitted by /u/Mxxnt-Zion [link]...
  6. happen to anyone else?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    happen to anyone else?: I bought modern warfare while it was on sale and I deleted it for another game and now I’m trying to get it back and its making me pay for it again b216de1f-b4ef-4ab9-87c6-7e7a46b566b8
  7. Not sure if anyone else noticed, but after today’s Alpha Skip-Ahead update the messages...

in XboX Insiders
    Not sure if anyone else noticed, but after today’s Alpha Skip-Ahead update the messages...: [IMG] submitted by /u/KashOutMari1 [link] [comments]
  8. Lego Worlds Not Working with Game Pass Ultimate. Anyone else having this problem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lego Worlds Not Working with Game Pass Ultimate. Anyone else having this problem?: When starting Lego Worlds I receive the code : 0x803f8001 Essentially it does not recognize that I own the game. I had the Game Pass and downloaded it...it worked fine for days. Then my...
  9. Is anyone else getting controller stick drift on their Elite 2 Controllers?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else getting controller stick drift on their Elite 2 Controllers?!: Hey everyone.. I got my elite 2 controller, back in December. I love it. It's an amazing controller all around, as everything is customizable, and the feel is sooo amazing. I literally told...
  10. Anyone else regret buying the elite series 2?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Anyone else regret buying the elite series 2?: My series to trigger stops don’t work have never worked the rubber covers for the trigger stop keeps falling off my left stick wanders forward all the time they refuse to warrantee its like a...