anyone else getting a lot of adware when playing the games?

Discus and support anyone else getting a lot of adware when playing the games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; anyone else getting a lot of adware when playing the games? I have an ad block built into my browser. am on Windows 10 and have a fairly new system... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by e.bf, Sep 6, 2019.

1. e.bf
    e.bf Guest

I have an ad block built into my browser. am on Windows 10 and have a fairly new system and good security programs. Obv since they're telling me I have adware, right? It's the only place it could be coming from. I'm playing the games off browser,
    so my ad block doesn't work.

I can't even get thru a few jumbles or wordaments before I get several ads and have had to walk away from the games for a few hrs just to stop getting so many ads.

:)

e.bf, Sep 6, 2019
  2. e.bf Win User

I am playing wordament and jumble and the ads are after practically every board/game. I'd be ok with that, it's a bit of a nuisance. What I'm NOT ok with is having adware tagging along with the games. The games are the only new thing in my computer world,
    and it's now i'm picking up the adware.
  3. ShadowSt0rm86 Win User

I recommend UBlock.org and uBlock Origin ad blockers work really well, intrusive ads are everywhere also I'd check your Host file in windows system32,drivers,etc a lot of av + spyware software will add things in there if your unsure of how
    to just google how to there's lots of help available.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Is it possible that you downloaded some "free" tools from the Internet? Like for example YouTube Downloader/Converter, or maybe you downloaded usually ad-free software like VLC Player and the likes from a download portal instead of the official website,
    that bundles adware in their own custom installer that installs VLC afterwards?

Also check your browser, if there are advertising add ons (e.g. search bars) that got added, that simply go past the ad blocker?

What games do you have ad issues with specifically?
  5. Bountyhunterxx5 Win User

Ads are becoming worse and worse to the point when watching a youtube video it feels like watching regular tv with how many times the video is interrupted, especially now that they are playing 2 ads.
  6. e.bf Win User

no it's really not. I've been really careful about that. I mostly chat and don't play 3D games. I'm not that tech savvy, so I don't pick up the bells and whistles. The newest thing I've done is download the Microsoft games to play off line. And my adware
    is getting out of hand as a result.
Thema:

1. anyone else getting a lot of adware when playing the games? - Similar Threads - anyone else getting

2. Anyone else not able to get past the fourth post for reddit on edge for xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else not able to get past the fourth post for reddit on edge for xbox.: No pictures load after the 4th post and it wont load anymore after a while and ive cleared cookies and everything and cant fix it. submitted by /u/finneusyello [link] [comments]
  3. Anyone else figure out a way to get a refund after someone hacked my kids account and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone else figure out a way to get a refund after someone hacked my kids account and...: Anyone else figure out a way to get a refund after someone hacked my kids account and purchased Xbox gold? You would think it would be simple enough to let Microsoft know and they'd cancel the...
  4. Is anyone else not getting the new community layout?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone else not getting the new community layout?: Is it being rolled out in phases? Just wandering if anyone has it yet. submitted by /u/MisterCreepzTTV [link] [comments]
  5. Anyone else getting a lot of render flickering while playing the Minecraft RTX Beta?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else getting a lot of render flickering while playing the Minecraft RTX Beta?: took several hours but finally got the beta ready to go got the "RTX ready" worlds and in ever world i went into the render distance seemed to be broken. flickered a LOT. just wanted to see if its...
  6. Is anyone else getting controller stick drift on their Elite 2 Controllers?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else getting controller stick drift on their Elite 2 Controllers?!: Hey everyone.. I got my elite 2 controller, back in December. I love it. It's an amazing controller all around, as everything is customizable, and the feel is sooo amazing. I literally told...
  7. Is anyone else having issues with getting on multiplayer on modern warfare

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone else having issues with getting on multiplayer on modern warfare: Is anyone having issues with getting on cod modern warfare multiplayer a7aecb70-ec9d-4d49-aaf1-7cb410ffb765
  8. Anyone else on alpha skip preview finding that they aren't getting notifications?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else on alpha skip preview finding that they aren't getting notifications?: So I was completing my gamepass quests for the month and realised that I didn't get the notification for "play a gamepass game" quest and then I got the achievement on ARK and again it didn't pop...
  9. Anyone else getting a MS Store update that won't install?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else getting a MS Store update that won't install?: Already reported to app; Update gets to 77 MB out of 151 then stops installation because "there isn't enough room in Internal" when there is 27 GB available in that drive. I've tried hard...
  10. Anyone else getting an error that says "We're sorry something unexpected happened" upon...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone else getting an error that says "We're sorry something unexpected happened" upon...: Upon trying to start the Twitch app on my xbox I get an error that says "something unexpected happened" and to "please try again" I opened and closed the app several times and got the same result....