Anyone else have to format their Xbox One like 3 times a month?

Discus and support Anyone else have to format their Xbox One like 3 times a month? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Before anyone suggests this, yes i've hard turned off my xbox, and unplugged the cable for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 10 minutes, even an hour, every time... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xMikeTheRipper, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Anyone else have to format their Xbox One like 3 times a month?

Before anyone suggests this, yes i've hard turned off my xbox, and unplugged the cable for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 10 minutes, even an hour, every time my system crashes like this I HAVE to format it.

I am getting so sick and friggin tired of having to format my system all the time for random bs reasons. it'll be working fine for a few weeks, sometimes a few months, then randomly I'll start a game, that game will " take too long to respond" and then my whole
    system will crash and force itself to shut off. When I turn it back on it will keep crashing until I force Format. What is going on? Why is this constantly happening? Yes, my xbox is old but I see people in forums saying their Xbox One X's are doing this too,
    and there still seems to be 0 answer as to why accept " it happens".

That's not an answer, it seems like every time my system gets an update it gets WORSE AND WORSE. Stop popping out updates that aren't actually fixing anything and only making things worse, this is the fourth time since mid August that i've had to format my
    console and I'm sick and tired of doing it! And NO I won't upgrade to a One X when the next gen is just around the corner, spending $500+ for a short-term fix is not a solution.

Also the enhanced error detection doesn't seem to be doing anything, when I try to report an error the app crashes just like the game and freezes my whole dashboard until, you guessed it, I FORMAT MY SYSTEM...

:)

xMikeTheRipper, Sep 7, 2019
  2. wi7bit Win User

I've never has to factory reset my console and I'm an insider!

To me, it sounds like the hard drive is failing. It sounds like it's getting bad sectors, so games will suddenly stop loading. When the drive is re-formatted, it skips using these sectors and you are back to square one again. Then the same thing happens.

Do you use an external drive? If not, I would suggest you get one, reset the system and download the games to the external drive to take the load from the failing drive.

Hard drives have a limited life span unfortunately.... Good luck!
  3. GroundOregano94 Win User

It smells like a hard drive to me, my friend. Have that checked. And good luck to you.
  4. xMikeTheRipper Win User

Day One Edition, it's very old but I take care of my system, don't let it overheat, it's really only been having this issue this year, prior its been perfect, I was subscribed to get updates before anyone else for a long time, but noticed my system was
    having issues like this with the updates, so i opted out and everything was fine for a lonng time, now it's starting up again and seems like it got worse after the most recent update :\
  5. mk4Y Win User

I've never had to format my xbox one and also my xbox one x, so I think it's a issue with the hdd. So you can contact the support for repairing, but a new one would make more sense.. you could try to use an external hdd, maybe it works fine for you.
  6. JosemberG N Win User

Eu nao tenho esse tipo de problema. sorry

mais será que nao é o HD com problema? tentou usar um hd novo?
Thema:

1. Anyone else have to format their Xbox One like 3 times a month? - Similar Threads - Anyone else format

2. Has anyone else been having issues with the Microsoft Rewards App collecting the daily...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else been having issues with the Microsoft Rewards App collecting the daily...: It's worked for me the past two, but the previous five it did not, after reinstalls, hard boots, etc. A friend of mine was having a similar issue. b5a6760b-19a1-4243-8507-32ce18a7e806
  3. Does anyone else have the issue where if your in a party and leave it it wont let you talk...

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone else have the issue where if your in a party and leave it it wont let you talk...: Usuall this happens when either a) I was in a party for a while Ieave to join game chat and no one can here me and I cant hear anyone. Or if the night before I was in party and try talking in game...
  4. Anyone Else Suddenly Missing All Their Games From Their Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone Else Suddenly Missing All Their Games From Their Microsoft Account?: Purchases made from as far back as 2017 have all disappeared from my account, and tech support can't/won't do anything about it. Anyone else run into a problem like this? Every game I've ever...
  5. Individual party member volume sliders aren't working, anyone else having this problem?

in XboX Insiders
    Individual party member volume sliders aren't working, anyone else having this problem?: I was in a party yesterday and tried out the new sliders. I have a naturally quiet friend and a naturally loud friend, so this is an update I've wanted for some time now. I turned the quiet one up...
  6. Is anyone else having visual issues with the Xbox PC App? Mine has this odd issue where it...

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone else having visual issues with the Xbox PC App? Mine has this odd issue where it...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Static_Unit [link] [comments]
  7. Has anyone else noticed really bad guide performance?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone else noticed really bad guide performance?: In the 2008 update that was in skip-ahead I noticed the guide performance being really bad while playing games, specifically when the party overlay is on. The overlay is also very delayed to show...
  8. Xbox Insider Hub on PC not working for anyone else?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Hub on PC not working for anyone else?: Mine is stuck in the load up screen. submitted by /u/Amazing-Finger [link] [comments]
  9. Can’t add account to my Xbox??? Anyone else?

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t add account to my Xbox??? Anyone else?: I’ve tried to add an account to my xbox and it just loads for a bit before taking me back to the add account screen. I’ve tried everything except factory resetting. Anyone else have this problem?...
  10. Influx of Random Followers That Disappear Immediately, Anyone Else Having This Happen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Influx of Random Followers That Disappear Immediately, Anyone Else Having This Happen?: I'm just curious if anyone else is having this happen recently as I couldn't find anything online and is Microsoft aware of this? I'm assuming these are bot accounts because if I happen to be...