Anyone else have to format their Xbox One like 3 times a month?

Discus and support Anyone else have to format their Xbox One like 3 times a month? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Before anyone suggests this, yes i've hard turned off my xbox, and unplugged the cable for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 10 minutes, even an hour, every time... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xMikeTheRipper, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Anyone else have to format their Xbox One like 3 times a month?

Before anyone suggests this, yes i've hard turned off my xbox, and unplugged the cable for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 10 minutes, even an hour, every time my system crashes like this I HAVE to format it.

I am getting so sick and friggin tired of having to format my system all the time for random bs reasons. it'll be working fine for a few weeks, sometimes a few months, then randomly I'll start a game, that game will " take too long to respond" and then my whole
    system will crash and force itself to shut off. When I turn it back on it will keep crashing until I force Format. What is going on? Why is this constantly happening? Yes, my xbox is old but I see people in forums saying their Xbox One X's are doing this too,
    and there still seems to be 0 answer as to why accept " it happens".

That's not an answer, it seems like every time my system gets an update it gets WORSE AND WORSE. Stop popping out updates that aren't actually fixing anything and only making things worse, this is the fourth time since mid August that i've had to format my
    console and I'm sick and tired of doing it! And NO I won't upgrade to a One X when the next gen is just around the corner, spending $500+ for a short-term fix is not a solution.

Also the enhanced error detection doesn't seem to be doing anything, when I try to report an error the app crashes just like the game and freezes my whole dashboard until, you guessed it, I FORMAT MY SYSTEM...

:)

xMikeTheRipper, Sep 7, 2019
  2. wi7bit Win User

I've never has to factory reset my console and I'm an insider!

To me, it sounds like the hard drive is failing. It sounds like it's getting bad sectors, so games will suddenly stop loading. When the drive is re-formatted, it skips using these sectors and you are back to square one again. Then the same thing happens.

Do you use an external drive? If not, I would suggest you get one, reset the system and download the games to the external drive to take the load from the failing drive.

Hard drives have a limited life span unfortunately.... Good luck!
  3. GroundOregano94 Win User

It smells like a hard drive to me, my friend. Have that checked. And good luck to you.
  4. xMikeTheRipper Win User

Day One Edition, it's very old but I take care of my system, don't let it overheat, it's really only been having this issue this year, prior its been perfect, I was subscribed to get updates before anyone else for a long time, but noticed my system was
    having issues like this with the updates, so i opted out and everything was fine for a lonng time, now it's starting up again and seems like it got worse after the most recent update :\
  5. mk4Y Win User

I've never had to format my xbox one and also my xbox one x, so I think it's a issue with the hdd. So you can contact the support for repairing, but a new one would make more sense.. you could try to use an external hdd, maybe it works fine for you.
  6. JosemberG N Win User

Eu nao tenho esse tipo de problema. sorry

mais será que nao é o HD com problema? tentou usar um hd novo?
Thema:

1. Anyone else have to format their Xbox One like 3 times a month? - Similar Threads - Anyone else format

2. Anyone else having issues with multiplayer games after the latest xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else having issues with multiplayer games after the latest xbox update?: Morning all, I've been having trouble with our Xbox One X ever since we updated the system to the newest update. None of our regular online multiplayer games are working at all. Overwatch will...
  3. Anyone else not getting achievements notifications? This started happening for about a week.

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else not getting achievements notifications? This started happening for about a week.: Also, when they show up, it takes so much time to be triggered. submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  4. Is the guide insanely load for anyone else?

in XboX Insiders
    Is the guide insanely load for anyone else?: Like the whole console and games are normal but the guide is so load. submitted by /u/zTwiDashz [link] [comments]
  5. Is anyone else having problems with the weeks microsoft rewards set

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone else having problems with the weeks microsoft rewards set: My achievement hunt should be done but it's not regeristing my achievements 58a7552c-0173-473d-a8b3-eba32b0514a8
  6. Did the update break anyone else's console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did the update break anyone else's console?: So last night I got on to watch some YouTube, but I got the same error code as everyone else. I just turned off my xbox and went to bed. When I wake up this morning and turn on my xbox I get a...
  7. Anyone else getting long queue times for Project Resistance?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else getting long queue times for Project Resistance?: I'm almost at 40 minutes. Is there any way Capcom could send out more invites, it seems that there's not enough players as the servers are fine. submitted by /u/MisterCreepzTTV [link] [comments]
  8. Achievements being a little finicky for anyone else?

in XboX Insiders
    Achievements being a little finicky for anyone else?: I’m a Beta insider, level 18. I’ve been in the program for 2 years. This week, I’ve been noticing my achievements not popping, not updating my gamerscore, etc. In particular, two games I’ve...
  9. Anyone else notice in the insider hub there is no longer any option to rate the...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else notice in the insider hub there is no longer any option to rate the...: Curious if it’s just me or not. submitted by /u/RickRoco [link] [comments]
  10. Is anyone else’s Xbox won’t let them update it?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone else’s Xbox won’t let them update it?: My Xbox has a 429 MB update and it not let me process the update. Anyone else having this issue? submitted by /u/TheSpriteLord [link] [comments]