Anyone in UK sent their noisy power brick off for replacement?

Discus and support Anyone in UK sent their noisy power brick off for replacement? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My power brick is making an abnormal noise. It started off as a quiet buzzing but it seems to have got louder over time. It's now so loud that I can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Malacath, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Malacath
    Malacath Guest

My power brick is making an abnormal noise.

It started off as a quiet buzzing but it seems to have got louder over time.

It's now so loud that I can still hear it when the 360 is switched on.

Has any one else in the UK who had a noisy power brick managed to get a replacement?

If so how long did it take from the moment you sent it off to when the replacement arrived?

And also is the replacement quiet?

:)

Malacath, Mar 15, 2014
  2. UberStig
    UberStig Guest
    Power brick noise?

Hi all,

anyone had a replacement from MS with the noisy power brick, and if it was fixed?

Cheers

UberStig, Mar 15, 2014
  3. itoshigo
    itoshigo Guest
    Xbox 360 Slim noisy power adapter

I know this is a little late but might help others.

I have also had a noisy power adapter and have had it exchanged. The new adapter is almost silent when you power up the console. If you listen hard you can just hear a faint whisper of air from the fan in the brick.

The old brick blew really hard from the moment I switched it on and the noise level from the brick was considerably louder than the console itself. The power adapter should not be louder than the console as mine was.

Not sure if this is relevant but the noisy power brick I owned was a (rev b) purchased in the UK. I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that this type of brick is noisy so perhaps there is a problem.

Hope you got your brick changed.

itoshigo, Mar 15, 2014
  4. itoshigo Win User

Xbox 360 Slim noisy power adapter

I know this is a little late but might help others.

I have also had a noisy power adapter and have had it exchanged. The new adapter is almost silent when you power up the console. If you listen hard you can just hear a faint whisper of air from the fan in the brick.

The old brick blew really hard from the moment I switched it on and the noise level from the brick was considerably louder than the console itself. The power adapter should not be louder than the console as mine was.

Not sure if this is relevant but the noisy power brick I owned was a (rev b) purchased in the UK. I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that this type of brick is noisy so perhaps there is a problem.

Hope you got your brick changed.
  5. CrookedPoseidon Win User

my xbox console is making terrible groaning noise

it turned out to be the power brick! opened the case and got some dust bunnies out of there. then realized the case fans weren't noisy at all, and that it was really the power brick all along
  6. JOSHSKORN Win User

Xbox One pretty warm in standby. Power brick noise too.

My power brick is noisy as well. I've been unplugging it at night because I otherwise cannot sleep. My XBOX is in my bedroom.
  7. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox one power brick

All Xbox 360 power bricks have fans. They vary in the noise made. I would expect the Xbox One power bricks to be the same. I've had noisy fans in 360 power bricks and I've had silent fans. Luck of the draw.

If it's really annoying, I would pack the whole thing up and exchange it at your retailer for another unit.
  8. bdoody42 Win User

Does XBOX ONE purchased in US work in Europe w/o limitations?

Also to play this all you must do is switch he power brick correct? I don't need any loud noisy transformer do I?
Thema:

1. Anyone in UK sent their noisy power brick off for replacement? - Similar Threads - Anyone sent noisy

2. Anyone else not able to get messages to load on Xbox beta app?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else not able to get messages to load on Xbox beta app?: [IMG] submitted by /u/AnXboxDude [link] [comments]
  3. Can anyone help me identify some files on my Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can anyone help me identify some files on my Xbox one: There are some files on my xbox one I don't recognize and there all dated the same day there named, Spartan, schema, adb00001, and a folder named protected-it is a violation of windows policy to...
  4. Does anyone know what this code means

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know what this code means: Does anyone know what thos code means [img] f4c43137-81b8-4056-9fd2-aeb2885ec08c
  5. Anyone else have difficulties trying to share video clips you've recently captured?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else have difficulties trying to share video clips you've recently captured?: Ever since the recent alpha update its saying theres an issue. submitted by /u/psiguy6 [link] [comments]
  6. anyone know anything about this new gamertag system

in XboX Insiders
    anyone know anything about this new gamertag system: I'm confused about it at the moment if you need to know what I'm talking about go to https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag submitted by /u/la_ti_os [link] [comments]
  7. Anyone getting double down on the onscreen keyboard?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone getting double down on the onscreen keyboard?: It often just skips down to spacebar when I press down on the analog stick skipping a row. I have not tried it on a non-Xbox insider console. submitted by /u/YouAreSalty [link] [comments]
  8. Is anyone else having problems with xbox one x console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with xbox one x console: I am having bad problems on xbox one x when I play a game it comes up with clear cashe so i go to system setting and storage then i clear cashe but its ment to reset the console but when it powers...
  9. Anyone else notice when you are in the Xbox menu and if you scroll down, the sound gets...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else notice when you are in the Xbox menu and if you scroll down, the sound gets...: I noticed it just now, it’s a pretty odd thing. The funny part is if you scroll back up, the sound gets louder again and I can hear again out of the right ear cup submitted by /u/catsnbikess...
  10. Has anyone else ever sent their 360 to the service center to be fixed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else ever sent their 360 to the service center to be fixed?: They told me it would take no longer than 2 weeks to fix it. Its been there for 3 weeks. Getting very impatient and wondering if it always takes this long...? 7d71b637-e23a-4a29-8ea8-cbf5a81f2a04