Anyone notice low quality game audio ...everywhere?

Discus and support Anyone notice low quality game audio ...everywhere? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've just recently got Assassin's Creed Unity as a digital download. The game sound is very off and low quality. Footsteps, combat sounds, dialogue,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Internet Expert, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Anyone notice low quality game audio ...everywhere?

I've just recently got Assassin's Creed Unity as a digital download.

The game sound is very off and low quality. Footsteps, combat sounds, dialogue, and everything else. A bit difficult to describe.

It's like that effect you hear when you have fancy surround sound Hi-Fi speakers, and then you compare the sound to the tinny cheap built-in speakers on your TV. Another person online described it as putting a layer of cardboard directly in front of your
    speakers. It's like the audio sounds muffled!

And yes, by the way, I have a nice Samsung sound bar in place of my TV speakers. Other games sound crisp with all the ranges (and other audiophile lingo). Unity... not so much.

Since I got the digital version of the game, I'm assuming I'm running the latest, patched version. Is there no kind of workaround for the poor game audio? I'm finding some complaints through Googling the issue, but not a single solution.

So far:

• Done some hard resets/power cycles.
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game.
    • Played the game on both internal Xbox HDD and an external hard drive.
    • Fiddled with Xbox audio settings (I'm hooked up via optical), chose "Stereo uncompressed" and "bitstream" variants -- no difference unless if I'm missing something.
    Anybody got any clue what's going on here, or at least experiencing the same issue? It actually quite bothers me, and I'm not even an audiophile.

:)

Internet Expert, Sep 29, 2016
  2. MeridianPage
    MeridianPage Guest
    Game DVR degrades audio quality

When I try to use game DVR to record gameplay with voice commentary included the audio lowers to an absolutely abysmal quality. However it's not necessarily the case when I record the game audio alone. The audio quality comes back to it's standard decent
    quality. Please note that I already tried to change audio quality from 128 kbs to 192 kbs and could not notice any changes. Can this be fixed by any possible way?

MeridianPage, Sep 29, 2016
  3. Geth
    Geth Guest
    Audio lag when downloading or updating a game.

Does anyone else notice audio lag in game with downloading or update a game.

Especially when wearing a headset?

4. carseclass
    carseclass Guest

make sure your xbox one hdmi cord is not plug into hdmi dvi port. go to xbox . com support and look for console then look for audio and video look for trouble sound on your xbox one console and try some of those steps

carseclass, Jan 23, 2017
  5. carseclass Win User

make sure your xbox one hdmi cord is not plug into hdmi dvi port. go to xbox . com support and look for console then look for audio and video look for trouble sound on your xbox one console and try some of those steps
  6. Morbid Wookiee Win User

Game Audio Noticeably Low

Ok after just reseting the system, volume for games is at normal again, however for movies its still noticeable lower. Seems pretty odd as if it's a driver/software issue.
  7. mahdab Win User

Same issue here... low volume with games, but also when playing movies. TV is much louder.
  8. Morbid Wookiee Win User

Bump on this games and movies are significantly lower than my tv or 360 and suggestions all? I've swapped HDMI cables and played with settings no luck at all.
  9. Evil Numero 2 Win User

You might want to check you X1 sound settings. If you're trying to play 7.1 through a 5.1 set up you would lose sound. Also try DTS.
Thema:

1. Anyone notice low quality game audio ...everywhere? - Similar Threads - Anyone notice low

2. Anyone noticing loss of performance in SSD storages, like games taking more time to load...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone noticing loss of performance in SSD storages, like games taking more time to load...: This is really annoying me. Red Dead Redemption II, for example, used to be ready to play after four art pictures showing up, but now it always take a bit longer. Other games also seem to load...
  3. Has anyone else noticed really bad guide performance?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone else noticed really bad guide performance?: In the 2008 update that was in skip-ahead I noticed the guide performance being really bad while playing games, specifically when the party overlay is on. The overlay is also very delayed to show...
  4. Anyone else notice the newest update for the insider hub (beta) is considered a game AND an...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else notice the newest update for the insider hub (beta) is considered a game AND an...: I had the update and then I was scrolling through my games trying to figure out what to play and I notice the hub is now a game submitted by /u/CRU-JONES-FTW-2 [link] [comments]
  5. Auto game updates very inconsistent for me in beta,anyone else noticed this

in XboX Insiders
    Auto game updates very inconsistent for me in beta,anyone else noticed this: I know the Xbox checked at certain times of n the past in the early hours but Microsoft did change this and state it as a new feature several months ago that the Xbox would check more frequently...
  6. Has anyone noticed generally worse dashboard performance?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone noticed generally worse dashboard performance?: Since these last few skip ahead updates the dashboard and guide (specifically when playing games) has been performing much worse than normal. Just wanted to make sure I’m not the only one...
  7. Has anyone else noticed slower download speeds?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone else noticed slower download speeds?: I used to be able to download at around 150+ to 250+ mb/s and now I can’t even get over 100 mb/s with my average at around 50 mb/s. This is really annoying seeing as my internet tests at 400 mb/s...
  8. Alpha testers, has anyone noticed this on game pass. They’re a little skewed

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha testers, has anyone noticed this on game pass. They’re a little skewed: [IMG] submitted by /u/Kato8419 [link] [comments]
  9. Not sure if anyone else noticed, but after today’s Alpha Skip-Ahead update the messages...

in XboX Insiders
    Not sure if anyone else noticed, but after today’s Alpha Skip-Ahead update the messages...: [IMG] submitted by /u/KashOutMari1 [link] [comments]
  10. Anyone noticed this problem with install to my devices being blocked by the Pegi info so...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone noticed this problem with install to my devices being blocked by the Pegi info so...: [IMG] submitted by /u/DiscoNinja07 [link] [comments]