Anyone notice low quality game audio ...everywhere?

Discus and support Anyone notice low quality game audio ...everywhere? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've just recently got Assassin's Creed Unity as a digital download. The game sound is very off and low quality. Footsteps, combat sounds, dialogue,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Internet Expert, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Anyone notice low quality game audio ...everywhere?

I've just recently got Assassin's Creed Unity as a digital download.

The game sound is very off and low quality. Footsteps, combat sounds, dialogue, and everything else. A bit difficult to describe.

It's like that effect you hear when you have fancy surround sound Hi-Fi speakers, and then you compare the sound to the tinny cheap built-in speakers on your TV. Another person online described it as putting a layer of cardboard directly in front of your
    speakers. It's like the audio sounds muffled!

And yes, by the way, I have a nice Samsung sound bar in place of my TV speakers. Other games sound crisp with all the ranges (and other audiophile lingo). Unity... not so much.

Since I got the digital version of the game, I'm assuming I'm running the latest, patched version. Is there no kind of workaround for the poor game audio? I'm finding some complaints through Googling the issue, but not a single solution.

So far:

• Done some hard resets/power cycles.
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game.
    • Played the game on both internal Xbox HDD and an external hard drive.
    • Fiddled with Xbox audio settings (I'm hooked up via optical), chose "Stereo uncompressed" and "bitstream" variants -- no difference unless if I'm missing something.
    Anybody got any clue what's going on here, or at least experiencing the same issue? It actually quite bothers me, and I'm not even an audiophile.

:)

Internet Expert, Sep 29, 2016
  2. MeridianPage
    MeridianPage Guest
    Game DVR degrades audio quality

When I try to use game DVR to record gameplay with voice commentary included the audio lowers to an absolutely abysmal quality. However it's not necessarily the case when I record the game audio alone. The audio quality comes back to it's standard decent
    quality. Please note that I already tried to change audio quality from 128 kbs to 192 kbs and could not notice any changes. Can this be fixed by any possible way?

MeridianPage, Sep 29, 2016
  3. Geth
    Geth Guest
    Audio lag when downloading or updating a game.

Does anyone else notice audio lag in game with downloading or update a game.

Especially when wearing a headset?

4. carseclass
    carseclass Guest

make sure your xbox one hdmi cord is not plug into hdmi dvi port. go to xbox . com support and look for console then look for audio and video look for trouble sound on your xbox one console and try some of those steps

carseclass, Jan 23, 2017
  5. carseclass Win User

make sure your xbox one hdmi cord is not plug into hdmi dvi port. go to xbox . com support and look for console then look for audio and video look for trouble sound on your xbox one console and try some of those steps
  6. Morbid Wookiee Win User

Game Audio Noticeably Low

Ok after just reseting the system, volume for games is at normal again, however for movies its still noticeable lower. Seems pretty odd as if it's a driver/software issue.
  7. mahdab Win User

Same issue here... low volume with games, but also when playing movies. TV is much louder.
  8. Morbid Wookiee Win User

Bump on this games and movies are significantly lower than my tv or 360 and suggestions all? I've swapped HDMI cables and played with settings no luck at all.
  9. Evil Numero 2 Win User

You might want to check you X1 sound settings. If you're trying to play 7.1 through a 5.1 set up you would lose sound. Also try DTS.
Thema:

1. Anyone notice low quality game audio ...everywhere? - Similar Threads - Anyone notice low

2. Anyone notice if Disney+ has started using ATMOS on the Alpha Skip Ahead build?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone notice if Disney+ has started using ATMOS on the Alpha Skip Ahead build?: Hey guys, anyone else having the Disney+ app only showing the option for 5.1 audio instead of ATMOS? I’m in the Alpha Skip Ahead group. All my other apps work fine with ATMOS and display and play...
  3. Anyone notice the new streaming options? Insider skip ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone notice the new streaming options? Insider skip ahead: [IMG] submitted by /u/backsspace77 [link] [comments]
  4. Anyone notice this edge issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone notice this edge issue?: I've had for the longest time this issue with edge that whenever you initially click something that takes you to edge it first reloads whatever tab you originally had open and won't actually load...
  5. Anyone else notice in the insider hub there is no longer any option to rate the...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else notice in the insider hub there is no longer any option to rate the...: Curious if it’s just me or not. submitted by /u/RickRoco [link] [comments]
  6. Has anyone noticed bandwith usage not accurately keep track of the data being used?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone noticed bandwith usage not accurately keep track of the data being used?: Three or so days ago I binge a whole season (10 episodes), on hulu, which was easily 2+GB each hour. Since the Sept. 5th 1910 update, I watched about 6 hours (22 episodes) and it never went above...
  7. Anyone else notice when you are in the Xbox menu and if you scroll down, the sound gets...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else notice when you are in the Xbox menu and if you scroll down, the sound gets...: I noticed it just now, it’s a pretty odd thing. The funny part is if you scroll back up, the sound gets louder again and I can hear again out of the right ear cup submitted by /u/catsnbikess...
  8. Does anyone else notice the difference in play in back to back games on PVZ Team Vanquish?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone else notice the difference in play in back to back games on PVZ Team Vanquish?: I've been playing PVZ Team Vanquish for the last 5 months and I've gotten decent enough. What I've noticed recently is that I'll have a normal game, maybe die 1-2 times with 8-10 kills and the...
  9. So did anyone notice... (Slight Spoiler)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So did anyone notice... (Slight Spoiler): I went back to pick up some missed collectibles after finishing the game. When you first break into the pool, you rewind time and then watch a mural get painted. I checked, it is indeed future...
  10. anyone noticed how

in XBoX on Consoles
    anyone noticed how: achievements have seemed to have been pushed back and forgot about with the xbox one ? ide like it back myself as for me makes it bit more interesting 82d79cb8-f169-4653-bb93-fa61efd15558