Anyone remember or played the Xbox 360 indie game series Decay?

Discus and support Anyone remember or played the Xbox 360 indie game series Decay? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Like the title says, has anyone ever remember the Decay series? Or played it? I did. And it was a darn good game, one of the best indie games I ever... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jane Doe XBL, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Jane Doe XBL
    Jane Doe XBL Guest

Like the title says, has anyone ever remember the Decay series? Or played it? I did. And it was a darn good game, one of the best indie games I ever played.

Info for those who haven't played, or never heard of it: "Decay" was a 4 part game series, found in the indie games section of the Xbox 360 marketplace. It was a "point and click" game with horror elements, and had some puzzles.

The game itself is gone, but the memories I have playing it are still here. The purpose of this post is all about remembering the game, for those who did play it. The following is my experience with the game, years ago on my old Xbox account.

When I first started playing it, I was definitely liking the game. I hadn't really played many horror games yet, plus I was still kind of a chicken when it came to them. I was drawn into Decay's story, as it was strange. I had to find out the reason for
    all the strange happenings in the game, why they were happening. Some of the puzzles were fun too.

It had quite a few jumpscares. Looking back, the jumpscares might have not been too scary, but at the time I nearly jumped out of my skin quite a bit. Plus I was younger back then.

Bottom line, is that I loved the series.

And when I find out that the indie games were taken off the store, before I had a chance to buy them again on my new account? I was crushed. Heartbroken, even. The fact that I could never play Decay again? It devastated me.

And to be honest, I'm still seriously sad about it. I have fond memories of the game, but I still yearn to play it, even though it's impossible now.

I know it's kind of silly to be upset over a game like this, but I can't help it. There's a hole in my heart (not literally!) that just won't seem to mend, because the game is gone.

And yes, I am aware that there is a sequel. "Decay: The Mare" I've played it, and it was great. But as much as I love the sequel, I still miss playing the original.

Anyone else played the game before it was taken down? Did you like it? Sad that it's gone? Feel free to comment!

(This post turned angsty real fast. Oops.)

:)

Jane Doe XBL, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Jane Doe XBL Win User

I haven't played it but I sure want too now after your post!
    It's just too bad that it was taken down with all the other indie games. :( But the sequel is available on the Xbox One, so it's not all bad! The original is better in my opinion, but "Decay: The Mare" is still pretty good.
  3. MightyQuinn75 Win User

I haven't played it but I sure want too now after your post!
  4. ravary212 Win User

Sorty bro i dont remember decay
  5. Albert X Win User

I dont remember the series but now I am intrigued and will look into it. This is why I love the forums. I learn new things everyday.
  6. OkayScientist8 Win User

THE END OF XB1?

@ goat, considering you've played minecraft you do enjoy indie games (an inferior port of the pc indie at that)

the XNA indies (formally called "community games") are a joke.

Good indies like warframe, don't starve, trine 2 ect on PS4 thrash the indie offerings on xbox 360 (cept for maybe the radiangames seris XNA games including CROSSFIRE and CROSSFIRE 2)

Most XNA indies are so terribad, I have no idea why people cannot simply put in the effort to fact check and do a little research to what indies actually are. The indies on ps4 are nothing like the shovelware XNA brings.
Thema:

1. Anyone remember or played the Xbox 360 indie game series Decay? - Similar Threads - Anyone remember played

2. Anyone having strange, bad symptoms on PC while using Xbox One controller via Bluetooth?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone having strange, bad symptoms on PC while using Xbox One controller via Bluetooth?: I know this sounds crazy, but I've had these problems with an Xbox One wireless controller on two different PC systems: - Game runs for a while (2-20 minutes) without issue. Controller functions...
  3. Does anyone know how to get in contact on the phone with Xbox!?!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to get in contact on the phone with Xbox!?!?: This has been an issue for at least a few weeks for me now, I want to talk to someone from Xbox because I can't play any of my games because I keep getting errors ((0x8027025a) and (0x800705b4))....
  4. Anyone getting the World War Z game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone getting the World War Z game?: I'm thinking about it, but not sure... d72cda5c-25d4-410f-b812-1208564464cc
  5. I cant get ahold of anyone to cancel fix my payment problems!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant get ahold of anyone to cancel fix my payment problems!: My girlfriends account has been getting charged for the past 7 months for the Game pass when we cancelled it months ago. I'm trying to talk to somebody before tomorrow so I can get it stopped...
  6. I want to recover an old xbox account but i don’t remember the password or email can anyone ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to recover an old xbox account but i don’t remember the password or email can anyone ...: my old gamertag was Dimebagxzeus b1cae892-8e9b-46cb-b2a7-184f3a5ce97a
  7. Anyone remember 1 vs 100??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone remember 1 vs 100??: I'm not entirely sure how long it has been, at least 10 years. On the original Xbox they had 1 vs 100 where you could play with people all around the world at certain times. I'm not suggestion...
  8. Anyone remember the "Blades" lol

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone remember the "Blades" lol: Just happened to find that demo disc that came with my old original white arcade system, with that super cheesy "science" video lmao. And the dashboard was still in the blades form in the menus....
  9. Anyone remember this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone remember this?: Does anyone remember when you could get people to submit a bad report for ur gtag and you had to end up changing it for free? I had so many friends do this a few years ago... Is this still...
  10. Anyone remember when the forums were fun and fast loading?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone remember when the forums were fun and fast loading?: Nowadays they're just laggy and slow loading, ever since they changed it a while back. I havent been on these forums in 6 months and they havent changed except they are more slow if anything. Is...