Anytime I try to transfer stuff from my main external to my new external, my console turns...

Discus and support Anytime I try to transfer stuff from my main external to my new external, my console turns... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just got a new 12 tb drive today, but anytime I try to move stuff from my 8tb to my 12tb, my console turns off, is this a preview bug, or maybe its... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/revengexgamer, Dec 3, 2019 at 12:52 AM.

1. Anytime I try to transfer stuff from my main external to my new external, my console turns...

I just got a new 12 tb drive today, but anytime I try to move stuff from my 8tb to my 12tb, my console turns off, is this a preview bug, or maybe its just having a hard time getting everything to load? Or is the 8tb drive bad? But why would the console turn off?

submitted by /u/revengexgamer
    [link] [comments]

/u/revengexgamer, Dec 3, 2019 at 12:52 AM
  2. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Xbox One external hard drive question.

Hello everyone :)

I am really glad that you won't have to re-install games if your Xbox One goes bad :)

I am going to have to transfer all of my installed game stuff to my External HDD when I eventually get it :)

Can I transfer the stuff from the Xbox One HDD to the External HDD without having to delete the game and re-install it to the External HDD?

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone :)
  3. Blitz23 NZ Win User

Games and apps not loading after starting from rest mode.

Have found the issue. Even though I'm loading from internal HDD it turns out my external is having issues and causing the freeze. When I unplug the external everything runs fine.

Am currently in process of shifting games and will re format external to see if that fixes it. If not it might be time for new external HDD. At least it's not the console!!
  4. N7 Gh0stz Win User

External hard drive

If i buy a 2tb but fill it up and change to a 4tb can i transfer stuff from the 2tb to 4tb?

Also if i delete everything from my external hard drive will i lose my saves like game saves
  5. T SAW DC Win User

Copying to external disc not working

I deleted most of my games, downloaded and copied...

So most games I can copy from external to internal, but from internal to external doesn't work well, especially wolfenstein and cod don't copy to external. Also my car packs from forza don't copy either way.

Big pain in the bud to try to get all stuff exactly on the external drive, Microsoft please fix it!
  6. CitizenErasedUK Win User

Warframe not installing.

I had the same message when trying to install GTA 5. Even though it would be installing on my external hard drive, it still wanted the 0KB on my internal drive. I was able to install successfully once I transferred one 15GB game from my internal to external
    drive it was fine.
Thema:

Anytime I try to transfer stuff from my main external to my new external, my console turns...

1. Anytime I try to transfer stuff from my main external to my new external, my console turns... - Similar Threads - Anytime try transfer

2. Is the rumor of FFXIV is gonna be released for XBOX one anytime soon true ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the rumor of FFXIV is gonna be released for XBOX one anytime soon true ?: I think a lot of people is waiting for this release to be as soon as possible, but the news about it just say that it will be soon is there any release date scheduled yet ?...
  3. Do Xbox Administrators plan to prune inactive gamertags/accounts anytime soon?

in XboX Insiders
    Do Xbox Administrators plan to prune inactive gamertags/accounts anytime soon?: After speaking with a Microsoft virtual agent, they said a username I wanted was claimed by an inactive account. It would make my day if inactive gamer tags would be freed up to people who would...
  4. Xbox one s turn itself off anytime I try to broadcast to mixer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s turn itself off anytime I try to broadcast to mixer: Hi anytime i try to broadcast to mixer its causing my xbox ine s to completely shut itself down after maybe 20 mins or so & then other times not until after at least 1 hour.But it seems to be...
  5. Xbox One S - Abruptly shuts down anytime automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - Abruptly shuts down anytime automatically: Hi, I am facing a problem that my xbox one s abruptly shuts down itself automtically while in the middle of doing something. I was able to restore my xbox using usb drive offline update. But now...
  6. Xbox freezing anytime I trying to navigate through the dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox freezing anytime I trying to navigate through the dashboard.: For the past couple of weeks I haven't been able to play my Xbox due to it freezing up in the dashboard. It started while playing a game then it progressed into doing anything and then I started...
  7. Is there going to be a new Elite controller anytime soon?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there going to be a new Elite controller anytime soon?: I am thinking about buying another one, which would be my third.(The first one, the drift is so bad on the joysticks it is almost unusable for most games. The second one, I have to keep replacing...
  8. Keep getting a message saying to contact Microsoft support anytime I try to make a purchase...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keep getting a message saying to contact Microsoft support anytime I try to make a purchase...: Keep getting a message saying to contact Microsoft support anytime I try to make a purchase on the xbox store and cant figure out how to contact an actual human being to discuss my problem with....
  9. Will the vault items restock anytime soon??

in XBoX Rewards
    Will the vault items restock anytime soon??: I have 2000+ points in my vault and it seems like nothing is ever in stock when I’m trying to redeem this. Are you guys going to update this or we are pretty much screwed ?...
  10. Connected to my wireless WiFi but anytime I try to open anything it says no internet ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connected to my wireless WiFi but anytime I try to open anything it says no internet ...: Since I've owned my Xbox One I've had no internet connection issues. It connected straight to my Wifi last time and worked ever since. Well yesterday I had to get a new router. Now when I connect...