AOE 2 Definitive Edition - PC Game Pass - Installing almost instantly and still not loading.

Discus and support AOE 2 Definitive Edition - PC Game Pass - Installing almost instantly and still not loading. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This is the only game I am having issues with. I had it installed last weekend on my work PC (the only place I use PC gamepass) and it was working fine... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by FinallyMilkMan, Dec 3, 2019.

1. AOE 2 Definitive Edition - PC Game Pass - Installing almost instantly and still not loading.

This is the only game I am having issues with. I had it installed last weekend on my work PC (the only place I use PC gamepass) and it was working fine and I was having a good time. Come back to work a week later and the game won't boot at all, or even
    acknowledge I clicked on it. So I uninstalled the game thinking maybe some settings got flubbed up, but when I attempt to reinstall, gamepass will wait for a second and then instantly download the game, which is a lie because it's a 16 gig game, so now I'm
    at a loss for what to try next. I have uninstalled the Xbox beta app, reinstalled it, logged out of my info, did a reset on my work pc and still, AOE 2 is the only game I'm not able to play and it's the only game I want to play. Help!!!!!

:)

FinallyMilkMan, Dec 3, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

AOE 2 Definitive Edition - PC Game Pass - Installing almost instantly and still not loading.

Hello FinallyMilkMan,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that Age of Empires 2 is not able to launch on your computer, and you uninstalled the game but it does not reinstall properly. We recommend making sure that

Windows 10 is up to date
    . Also, we have a support article which provides
    troubleshooting for installing games on Windows 10
    . Go ahead and try out some of these solutions, and be sure to let us know the results!
  3. TheRealBobbyMC Win User

Halo Wars Definitive Edition Game Pass not working as Play Anywhere

As of February 15, 2019, I was experiencing this with both Halo Wars titles. I just used the link posted above to the

web store
    and it lists tHalo Wars 1 as available, but clicking the regular install/play button just loads the store page and it still lists it just to buy. I clicked the ... button next to Install/Play and it listed my PC as a destination, and began successfully
    installing. On the other hand, Halo Wars 2 doesn't list as available even on the store and is unable to work around as far as I can tell. It will let you load the install on my devices dialog, but it won't find your PC as a source.

Edit: Additionally, the Game Pass bar in the Windows store does not even list the title as downloading despite it being present in the download bar itself. Something is definitely 5/8 broken.
  4. ThorX360 Win User

RTS Games - What's your favourite?

Actually, my favourite RTS games are AoE Definitive Edition and Halo Wars ;)
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Age of Empires 2: DE is available now, what do you think?

So I just saw on the Forgotten Empires facebook page that AoE 2 is now available on GP for PC, I'm already downloading it. What do you think?, Honestly I'm super excited, aoe II was one of my favorite games 20 years ago, I enjoyed the HD edition
    that was unofficially released (then become official) and this new game looks super awesome.
    It's definitely one of the major blindspots from my gaming history, I don't think I've ever tried or at least ever put in significant time into an AoE title. I think I'll have to change that by giving this version a real chance.
  6. Julian_ Win User

age of empires 1 black helmet version PC VERSION

Hi! The Age of Empires Definitive Edition is a remaster of the 1997 released original AoE and therefore features new graphics, sound/music and UI. Also see this link for further information: https://www.ageofempires.com/games/aoe/
Thema:

1. AOE 2 Definitive Edition - PC Game Pass - Installing almost instantly and still not loading. - Similar Threads - AOE Definitive Edition

2. Can't run AOE 2 DE + Can't install The Outer Worlds [PC]

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't run AOE 2 DE + Can't install The Outer Worlds [PC]: I have a game pass subscription, but anyway i can't play some of the games. I can run Forza, Moonlighter, Dishonored 2 so problem is limited only to particular games When i want to run AoE 2:DE...
  3. Xbox App on PC won't let me install AoE DE

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App on PC won't let me install AoE DE: I have Gamepass and have installed other games in the past, but when I click the "Install" button for AoE DE it quickly goes to 0% Download, to 0% Installed, then quickly back to the old red...
  4. Game Pass Ultimate game (AOE 2 DE) Wont Install Correctly

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass Ultimate game (AOE 2 DE) Wont Install Correctly: Hello, I have XBOX GPU. I have been downloading and installing games successfully for months on both my xbox and PC. I preloaded age of empires 2: definitive edition and everything worked as...
  5. Can't re-download AOE Definitive Edition from Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't re-download AOE Definitive Edition from Store: Hi, i bought last april 2018 from windows store the pc game Age of empires Definitive edition. But after more updates of win 10 inoticed that the game is no longer installed. So i thinked to...
  6. Problems playing AoE De offline

in XBoX on Windows
    Problems playing AoE De offline: I downloaded the AoE DE and I followed the indications to play offline...Iset device as Off line device to play games and I changed in the settings for off line play in the Microsoft account....
  7. Can not play My AOE Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can not play My AOE Game: please help me. [img] 4792b034-1640-4558-b32a-0e94a1cb1bcd
  8. Why am I unable to play AoE DE through the xbox app win 10 offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to play AoE DE through the xbox app win 10 offline: I just don't understand why nobody could give me an answer until now. The off-line mode ist activated, my device is set as an off line device, but everyday when I start the laptop new to play AoE...
  9. AOE Définitive édition est abominable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AOE Définitive édition est abominable: Age of empire définitive edition est raté, trop de lags, pas de portes en jeu pour faire sortir les ouvriers, obligé de casser un mur, niveau de difficulté abominablement élevé, c'est...
  10. Xbox Insider-Hub does not show AoE: DE Beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Insider-Hub does not show AoE: DE Beta: On tuesday, i obtained beta access to Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. Unfortunately, I used the wrong Microsoft account to sign up, so I logged in to Xbox Insider-Hub with the wrong account....