App Updating Problems

Discus and support App Updating Problems in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How's it going everybody? Quick question, anybody else having issues with Apps updating or installing for that matter? I've had problems with more... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ErikWhite2, Oct 26, 2019.

1. ErikWhite2
    ErikWhite2 Guest

App Updating Problems

How's it going everybody?

Quick question, anybody else having issues with Apps updating or installing for that matter?

I've had problems with more than one to be honest, I can add them to the queue but gotten no where.

It'll say updating but I never receive any actual progress, uninstalling and trying to reinstall gets me the same result just with installing instead of updating.

All my games, and accessories and my console are all updating regularly, I'm just having app issues.

:)

ErikWhite2, Oct 26, 2019
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

App Updating Problems

Hey there ErikWhite2

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to hopefully update your apps as intended. I can totally understand how a problem like this could be confusing. One thing you can do is try clearing your alternate MAC address in Network Settings>Advanced
    Settings
    and see if that helps with the update problem.

You can always try resetting your network hardware device while your console is off and unplugged as well.

When you get the chance, give that a shot and let us know if that helped.

Thanks!
  3. ErikWhite2 Win User

App Updating Problems

That seemed to work, thanks a bunch, and now I know for future reference.

Thank you sooooooo much.
  4. ErikWhite2 Win User

App Updating Problems

None of these solutions are for my actual problem, it's not a connection issue of any kind, it's not just a slow progress bar, I'm not even getting the progress bar.

The 3 apps I'm having these issues with are Hulu, Store app, and Movies and TV app

Adding these to the queue does just that, and that's about it, it's not on pause, it doesn't actually ever start the updating process.....

Uninstalling leads to the same result.
  5. ErikWhite2 Win User

App Updating Problems

I have to use wifi, at the moment hard wiring isn't an option. I've tried restarting my console both a normal restart and hard reset no results. You mention starting from scratch? You mean like factory restore? I'd like to avoid that extreme if possible.
  6. XBF Steven R Win User

App Updating Problems

Hi ErikWhite2

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that
    the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
Thema:

App Updating Problems

1. App Updating Problems - Similar Threads - App Updating Problems

2. Problems installing and updating games and apps

in XboX Insiders
    Problems installing and updating games and apps: Is anyone else on alpha skip ahead or lower versions for xbox one having issues ee's s trying to download , install or updating apps & games I tried restarting my console and everything still the...
  3. Problem when launching free movies 2019 app after latest system update that went out for...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem when launching free movies 2019 app after latest system update that went out for...: I have just noticed when I went to launch the free movies 2019 when it gets to the homepage of the app there’s nothing showing up here. and when I go to where it says Genres and when I go to pic...
  4. Problem with updating apps on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with updating apps on Xbox One: I'm having trouble installing and updating applications on Xbox One, even if connected to the Internet, I need help solving this problem. Thank you! 6b0be850-dd48-49e6-b3b8-91802744c947
  5. Crunchyroll update has been stopped for 3 days, is there a problem with the app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crunchyroll update has been stopped for 3 days, is there a problem with the app?: For 3 days I can not use crunchyroll and the update marks error and stops. I read about this problem in reddit but no one puts a solution. b2193a66-ae2b-47b7-afa8-2e271276093d
  6. Problem with Xbox App on Win 10 after most recent update

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with Xbox App on Win 10 after most recent update: All, My Xbox app was working fine on my Win 10 machine up until last week when it automatically did an update. After that it no longer allows me to access Xbox live. When checking the network...
  7. Problems with latest app updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with latest app updates: There's been a new update for blu ray and video and tv app in the last couple of weeks but I just can't install them. When ever they start installing it cuts out all my internet so then goes...
  8. Problems updating games and app's

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems updating games and app's: Hello, I've a problem in my console where everytime I try to update a game or app on my xbox one, it first gives an error of "Download stopped. Hold (X) to try again" (No error code is given)....
  9. XBOX ONE S blu ray player app problems after update from 04/26/2017 green tinge

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S blu ray player app problems after update from 04/26/2017 green tinge: Hi, yeasterday was blu ray app and since I've got anymore correct colors playing movies at 1080p (green tinge). ASAP I'm returnig to xbox hub everything is fine. I've already tried to change...
  10. problems with the store app after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    problems with the store app after update: These are the same problems that I reported during the preview program. The store is arduous to navigate. Each page takes FOR...........EVER to load up to become navigable. Scrolling through...