Appear Offline Circumvented by App Notifications?

Discus and support Appear Offline Circumvented by App Notifications? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Not sure when this started, as it happened to me on the live build, but friends who have notifications enabled for your GT will still get a mobile... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SaskatchewanSteve, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Appear Offline Circumvented by App Notifications?

Not sure when this started, as it happened to me on the live build, but friends who have notifications enabled for your GT will still get a mobile notification through the app even if you are on “appear offline.” It’s annoying that I can’t keep a low profile when I want to just play something single player. Is there a way to opt out of triggering notifications for friends other than removing them?

submitted by /u/SaskatchewanSteve
    [link] [comments]

/u/SaskatchewanSteve, Sep 20, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Appear Offline Circumvented by Mobile Notifications

Hi PlaceHolder1234! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Currently it is not possible to avoid this, unless you block the people you do not want to receive the notification, this avoids deleting them but it is also a process to be carried out
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Appear Offline Circumvented by Mobile Notifications

Hello PlaceHolder1234,

This is likely a bug which may be corrected by reinstalling the app again!

If the issue persists, I would suggest trying to report it through: Xbox Insider Subreddit
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

Major family setting flaw?

Even if they appear offline, but they are really online, it should still record their activity. If not, then its an oversite. I will test this tonight with my children's accounts and update what I find out.

I think they need to make some changes because there are a few different ways kids can circumvent screen limits.
  5. XBA_Hype Win User

Xbox app appearing offline

so on the xbox itself -

1. Sign into your account and immediately hit the Xbox Home button twice -- or navigate to the left to open the shortcuts/online pane.
    2. In that menu, select your personal icon at the top.
    3. Press A to select it, then hit A to open the shortcuts.
    4. On the right side of the screen, you will see three options: Appear Offline, Customize Profile, and Privacy Settings.

you can also appear offline using the xbox app on windows 10 but its not possible to do so yet via the mobile app.
  6. denis97g Win User

Xbox app appearing offline

go to your profile and you should be able to select appear offline.
Thema:

Appear Offline Circumvented by App Notifications?

1. Appear Offline Circumvented by App Notifications? - Similar Threads - Appear Offline Circumvented

2. Appearing offline change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Appearing offline change: It would be a good thing if you could set your online status to 'Appear online to favourites only'. A lot of people I have mentioned this to have said this would be a fantastic option. What does...
  3. Appearing offline not working. Please help

in XboX Insiders
    Appearing offline not working. Please help: I was playing games then my friends started inviting me to a game but I wasn't online so I she checked on my Xbox and it said i was appearing offline but on the Xbox app it said exactly what I was...
  4. Friend appears offline even though he is online.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Friend appears offline even though he is online.: So my friend and i tried to play MFS2020 but we both get visualized as offline. Then we downloaded the Xbox app, he still was offline. I tried to get some help in the official MFS2020 Discord...
  5. Xbox live appearing offline

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live appearing offline: I'm wanting to play with my mates (who actually want to appear offline) but they can never tell when I'm online/have to scroll through their offline friends to find me (if I've messaged them I'm...
  6. My account appears as offline to my friends, but its on for me, and i cant add them or...

in XBoX on Windows
    My account appears as offline to my friends, but its on for me, and i cant add them or...: Good night my name is Lucas and im from Brazil, i just purchased xbox game pass on pc 4 hours ago, and i just cant play with my friends because for them im offline, but on my screen im online but...
  7. Appearing offline always on XBOX1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Appearing offline always on XBOX1: For a year now have been appearing offline to everyone. Have tried everything to fix the problem recommended that I seen on other platforms and with no results. ??????...
  8. Appear offline not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Appear offline not working: While on the xbox app on my pc i'm always online. Even if i open the settings on my profile and select appear offline. It will not appear offline at all. I've even deleted and reinstalled the app....
  9. Only certain friends appearing offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Only certain friends appearing offline: Hey only certain feiends of mine appear offline and i cannot join them but they can join me. They have pc and i have xbox one. Any ideas? I looked at my privacy and is set to friends....
  10. I am always appearing offline. (PC App, Win 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    I am always appearing offline. (PC App, Win 10): I checked my privacy settings, 'Everyone' should be able to see me online. I do not have the option to 'appear online'; it only says 'appear offline'. The app seems to be up to date. I can chat...