Appearing Offline Shows Online

Discus and support Appearing Offline Shows Online in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So when me or my friends appear offline we show up as online. So far I've seen my friend say "1 day last seen Youtube" while he is in the online list.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WMDBIoodHunter, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Appearing Offline Shows Online

So when me or my friends appear offline we show up as online. So far I've seen my friend say "1 day last seen Youtube" while he is in the online list. My friends message me as soon as I get on and invite me but I'm supposed to be iffline and we've change
    our settings so just something Microsoft shouls look into.. if there is a fix I'd like to know how to fix it?

:)

WMDBIoodHunter, Oct 20, 2019
  2. ValodyJean-baptiste Win User

Twitch streaming : Your account is restricted from broadcasting

I actually solved the issue, and it was the appear online thing...IT is VERY misleading because when you go on your profile, if the button shows "appear Online" then you are actually appearing offline...Click on it so that it says "appear offline" .

So basically it doesn't show your current online/offline status, it shows what you can set it to.

Hope this helped.
  3. RedCarGamer Win User

Are you under Xbox Preview System? If not could be just a temporary bug, happened a lot a times with me also, but after a few days fixed in its own.
  4. WMDBIoodHunter Win User

Been goong on for a few days restarted multiple times even did a hard reset.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi WMDBIoodHunter

A simple restart solved this issue for me once. Worth a try
  6. WMDBIoodHunter Win User

Friend did that and srill shows he's online and for him me.
Thema:

1. Appearing Offline Shows Online - Similar Threads - Appearing Offline Shows

2. xbox appearing offline when I'm online

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox appearing offline when I'm online: my Xbox is saying to my friends I'm offline , when I'm online and when I check it's at the appear online option. please help as this is doing my nut in 9e6f59a6-da41-4a65-9196-96252d35392a
  3. Friend appearing offline

in XBoX on Mobile
    Friend appearing offline: The xbox app and minecraft said that all my friends were offline on my phone. I tried logging out then logging back in but it didn’t work. I also tried sending my friends invites to join a realm...
  4. Recurring issue. Certain friends appear offline though their not. NAT open, privacy open....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recurring issue. Certain friends appear offline though their not. NAT open, privacy open....: Ive gone through many threads here and its obvious thousands of other users are having the same problem. Family members, who are obviously also friends on xbox live, consistantly appear offline....
  5. Xbox one friends appear offline

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one friends appear offline: I just bought mu son an xbox so he can play apex legends with his dad and uncles. Others can see him online but we cant and we appear offline to him aswell. All settings are as they should be and...
  6. Some of my Xbox Friends show as offline, even though they are not appearing offline.

in XBoX on Windows
    Some of my Xbox Friends show as offline, even though they are not appearing offline.: This happens on both my Xbox One S and my Xbox App for Windows 10. Many of my friends show as offline and am not able to join their game or party. I talked with one of my friends and he confirmed...
  7. Always appear offline to friends on Xbox for Windows10

in XBoX on Windows
    Always appear offline to friends on Xbox for Windows10: For the longest time I always appear offline to my friends. I've tried to appear online/offline setting as well as gone into my privacy settings and made sure everything was set to 'everyone' and...
  8. Appearing offline but im online

in XBoX Accessibility
    Appearing offline but im online: Hey, Yesterday my friend and I tried to play together but we both were appearing offline to each other, I understood that before there was a xbox wide error. So we left it and tried again today...
  9. Friends set to showing Online but appearing Offline, no privacey changes have been made.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends set to showing Online but appearing Offline, no privacey changes have been made.: Two of my friends have issues with "Online/Offline" status. [Mod removed-personal information] both have their accounts to show online. Some days [Mod removed-personal information] will be online...
  10. Appearing Offline, but Shows Me Online Still

in XBoX on Consoles
    Appearing Offline, but Shows Me Online Still: I typically appear offline all the time. As of yesterday, I had gone and switched myself to online for a short period of time then back to offline. Since then, my Xbox App on the PC shows I am...