Apple TV app on my Xbox One X quits working

Discus and support Apple TV app on my Xbox One X quits working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have uninstalled and re-installed the Apple TV app on my Xbox several times and each time it works for about 1 to 3 days then quits working. The... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Justaguess, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Justaguess
    Justaguess Guest

I have uninstalled and re-installed the Apple TV app on my Xbox several times and each time it works for about 1 to 3 days then quits working. The Netflix app works fine. I have a subscription to Apple TV but the only place I can get this app is on the Xbox. My internet is high speed (400 Mb/s) and works ok on my other devices and I don't have any other problems with the Xbox. I think the app needs to be fixed but Apple support page says to contact the device Mfg, that would be Microsoft. How can I get them to fix the app?

:)

Justaguess, Apr 23, 2021
  2. XBF Aicha T Win User

Hello @Justaguess I hope everything is going well for you!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. Therefore, you will only need to follow those simple troubleshooting steps that I will provide you with and your issue should be fixed.

The following troubleshooting step will help you clear out your MAC address:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

Another step that you can try to resolve the issue, would be to remove and re-add your account. In order to do that please go to: settings> account> remove accounts> remove your account.

If the issue still persists after going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 10-15 seconds plug all your cables back in and then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming
  3. RippenHarra Win User

Boycott Microsoft?

Yes a mate at work has a windows phone and its rubbish as is the games marketplace. Can't even get apps to make your own ringtones on it. It's really a closed system, where Apple isn't quite that bad bit at least it works great with my TV and Sonos system.
    Something a windows device cannot.
  4. JustMaleRN Win User

DOLBY ATMOS and DOLBY VISION BROKEN on XBOX ONE X

I have my Xbox One X settings to bitstream with optical off. Installed the Dolby Access App and changed the setting to ATMOS. What is odd is I can see the ATMOS logo switch on briefly at times, but then it switches to MULTI IN on the DENON display. My
    Xbox does seem to play ATMOS from discs as this appears correctly on my receiver display. It just doesn't work with streaming content. My Apple TV 4k has no issues.
  5. Wakeshark Win User

Constant buffering for no reason.

I gave up and hook my Apple TV up to watch youtube. The xbox app is a joke.
  6. BassProCM Win User

Netflix/Hulu Jitter

Happens to me as well on both apps. PS3 and Apple TV versions work just fine.
Thema:

1. Apple TV app on my Xbox One X quits working - Similar Threads - Apple app quits

2. New Apple TV app preview on insiders Hub

in XboX Insiders
    New Apple TV app preview on insiders Hub: There are no actual release notes or features on this. Do any of you know if there are any. Or what should we look out for? submitted by /u/ferreirarq [link] [comments]
  3. Apple TV app on Alpha Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Apple TV app on Alpha Skip Ahead: Is it just me or Apple TV just refuses to open on a series X on Alpha Skip Ahead? submitted by /u/prasad1287 [link] [comments]
  4. Apple TV App Unstable on Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Apple TV App Unstable on Skip Ahead: Just noticed that the Apple TV app is having the following issues on Skip-Ahead: App is sending out a storage video signal when shifting to HDR, signal becomes unusable to the display and has a...
  5. Apple TV+ app doesn't display Dolby Vision content on HDMI2.1 modes

in XboX Insiders
    Apple TV+ app doesn't display Dolby Vision content on HDMI2.1 modes: As titles says - despite Xbox Series X supporting Dolby Vision, when set to 4K120Hz (therefor requiring HDMI2.1 mode) using Apple TV+ app wouldn't display Dolby Vision, only HDR10. submitted by...
  6. My Series X reboots endlessly if I launch Apple TV or Netflix apps! What happens ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Series X reboots endlessly if I launch Apple TV or Netflix apps! What happens ?: Hello everyone, literally last week both applications worked for me (Netflix and Apple TV), but now when I try to start these applications, my xbox reboots, and this reload cycle is endless ......
  7. The Xbox app on apple iPad

in XBoX on Mobile
    The Xbox app on apple iPad: Hi, i am on apple ipad and when ever i open the xbox app i cant do anything but look at home page and i have tried re installing the app a few times yet i cant do anything. Any ideas on whats...
  8. Will there ever be an Apple Music app?

in XboX Insiders
    Will there ever be an Apple Music app?: I used to have Amazon Music, and used it to listen to music while playing on my Xbox, but I recently switched to Apple Music, and was wondering if Apple and Microsoft had any plans on implementing...
  9. Microsoft screw me on iOS app for Xbox Apple SerieS X help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft screw me on iOS app for Xbox Apple SerieS X help: I'm having to type this on my notes on IPAD because when I hit the back button, it deletes everything I type. I guess because Microsoft bot doesn't like header. I bought my iPad new, but older...
  10. If apple allows one cast they might actually allow this xbox app now

in XboX Insiders
    If apple allows one cast they might actually allow this xbox app now: Apple actually might allow the xbox app cus one cast is the exact same thing as the xbox app and it does not break the policy so I feel like they might allow this. Plus it works very well I’m...