Apps freeze and completely shut down my system

Discus and support Apps freeze and completely shut down my system in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been having this issue for a little over 2 weeks now. I'll be using an app such as netflix or HBOgo and in the middle of a show or movie the app... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by bigred8004, Jan 14, 2015.

1. bigred8004
    bigred8004 Guest

I've been having this issue for a little over 2 weeks now. I'll be using an app such as netflix or HBOgo and in the middle of a show or movie the app will unexpectedly freeze and completely turn off my system. It is so frustrating! I have tried uninstalling
    and reinstalling the apps that have the issue but nothing seems to work. I have looked for solutions everywhere and cant seem to find anything. Anyone else having this issue or know of a way to resolve it that would be greatly appreciated.

:)

bigred8004, Jan 14, 2015
  2. Xbox one freezing and shutting down

My Xbox one freezes and shuts down during any/every video based apps(twitch, upload, Xbox video, etc) I'll be watching a video and about 1minute into it it'll freeze my Xbox and shut it down. Dont know how to fix it. I haven't been able to enjoy any apps.

INutUpOrShutUpI, Jan 14, 2015
  3. Xbox video freezing (xbox one)

My Xbox one freezes and shuts down during any/every video based apps(twitch, upload, Xbox video, etc) I'll be watching a video and about 1minute into it it'll freeze my Xbox and *** it down. Dont know how to fix it

INutUpOrShutUpI, Jan 14, 2015
  4. Apps freeze and completely shut down my system

I have the same issues, but only with HBO go. Happened twice last week when I was watching GOT. Anything happening on your end?

BranFlake242005, May 13, 2015
  5. BranFlake242005 Win User

I have the same issues, but only with HBO go. Happened twice last week when I was watching GOT. Anything happening on your end?
  6. INutUpOrShutUpI Win User

Xbox video freezing (xbox one)

My Xbox one freezes and shuts down during any/every video based apps(twitch, upload, Xbox video, etc) I'll be watching a video and about 1minute into it it'll freeze my Xbox and *** it down. Dont know how to fix it
  7. Kenny H. Win User

Forza 6 Stuck on Main Ford GT Title Screen

Hey there! Try going into Settings, Power, Restart now. This will ensure that your system is completely shut down and restarted. If that doesn't work, again in Power, choose Turn Xbox off. When it is fully shut down, unplug the power cord from the back of
    your console for 2 minutes and then try again. One of these methods usually fixes freezing issues.
  8. POSEIDON D Win User

after playing minecraft, why will none of my other games start?

Ive had to completely power down my system. Happens with multiple games. By completely I mean shut down in poer settings. The system will still hold the game in memory if not fully powered off
  9. INutUpOrShutUpI Win User

Xbox video freezing (xbox one)

Freeze my Xbox and "shut" it down
Thema:

1. Apps freeze and completely shut down my system - Similar Threads - Apps freeze completely

2. Xbox 360 Netflix app freezes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Netflix app freezes: Having problems with Netflix app. As soon as I launch Netflix the screen goes black and my xbox freezes, what can I do to fix this? I’m on the xbox 360 platform not sure of exact model, it is one...
  3. Games and apps freeze

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games and apps freeze: Games and apps freeze for like 40 seconds every few minutes while playing. It all started when i reinstalled Skyrim. I deleted it and have done everything I can find to fix it. For example I have...
  4. Funimation app freeze/loading-in issues (Help me) [Xbox One] [UK] - Issue Solved!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Funimation app freeze/loading-in issues (Help me) [Xbox One] [UK] - Issue Solved!: Hi, I have previously encountered an issue regarding the Funimation app on the Xbox one console. The problems started last night 28/03/2020, I turned my Xbox on and clicked on the Funimation app...
  5. Constant Microsoft Store App update, freezing Xbox One.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Constant Microsoft Store App update, freezing Xbox One.: Does anyone know why my Xbox keeps updating the Microsoft Store App every few days, often causing everything to freeze and forcing me to clean the memory again, sometimes a full wipe of...
  6. Edge bugs: Pointer disappearing and opening new tab freezing the app

in XboX Insiders
    Edge bugs: Pointer disappearing and opening new tab freezing the app: Hitting Y or nexus/home button enables the pointer to reappear and can fix your pointer being stuck in the address bar area.. Besides that bug I keep experiencing a freezing of the app when...
  7. Bug with the xbox assist app where it freezes on me and i cant scroll down after selecting...

in XboX Insiders
    Bug with the xbox assist app where it freezes on me and i cant scroll down after selecting...: There is a bug with the xbox assist app, where if i select one of the options where it says about the status of the xbox live servers, its stuck on one of the menus if i select one of the drop...
  8. Xbox (Beta) app freezing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) app freezing: Xbox (Beta) app works until I select a game on the game pass then the app freezes. If I end the task and restart I get only a splash screen and it just sits there. This also affects the windows...
  9. Gamepass App (android) freezes on open

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepass App (android) freezes on open: Gamepass App (android) is hanging whenever I open it, right on the Xbox logo with the green background. submitted by /u/hippoposthumous1 [link] [comments]
  10. Windows 10 Streaming App Video Freezing Occasionally

in XboX Insiders
    Windows 10 Streaming App Video Freezing Occasionally: [IMG] See: Bottom Left For the past 3-4 months, even after changing routers (Netgear R9000, Ubiquiti EdgeRouter 4, Unifi Security Gateway) and Wireless access points (built in to Nighthawk,...