Apps wont start.

Discus and support Apps wont start. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, whenever my xbox fully shuts off, half of the things I have installed will have an error saying they took too long to start. Or wont let me load... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Farkrops, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Farkrops
    Farkrops Guest

Apps wont start.

Hi, whenever my xbox fully shuts off, half of the things I have installed will have an error saying they took too long to start. Or wont let me load something.

For example; I have borderlands 2 installed, And its dlc. But whenever I want to play the newest DLC, I have to reinstall it. It will say its installed, but I wont be able to play it until i uninstall and reinstall. After a reinstall, it works fine. Until
    I have to fully power down my xbox, at which point the cycle continues.

This I'd happening on my one x.

:)

Farkrops, Jul 15, 2019
  2. Jeremy2085 Win User

Apps wont start.

Try restarting your console too factory settings by diing a factory reset.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Apps wont start.

Hi Farkrops,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand your apps wont start correctly on the console. We recommend a

soft factory reset
    . This will repair any corrupt OS files. Before doing the reset make sure you know the credentials for the profile/s on the console.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Wiles731 Win User

Xbox One "Original Avatar" won't load.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/errors/xbox-one-app-wont-start
    the problem is not with starting. the app starts just fine. it just wont load my original xbox avatar
  5. MikHuber Win User

Xbox wont start over App

Hey there,

Do you have those ports triggered as well as having UPnP on at the same time? If so, I would turn off UPnP since you're already triggering those specific ports and try again. If that doesn't work, remove the port forwarding and turn
    on UPnP only and attempt again. Additionally, do you have any antivirus/firewall software installed on your Windows 10 PC? If so, that may be affecting how this works over Wi-Fi. I would suggest temporarily disabling any software you have installed to see
    if that is interfering with this.

Lastly, to test over Wi-Fi, ensure that both your Xbox One console and your Windows 10 PC are connected to the same SSID. Most routers nowadays offer 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels, and ensuring both devices are connected to the same SSID
    is always good to check.
    Hi,

my router is able to handle port triggering and UPnP at the same time. As I told you, for the moment it is working. Now, I'm trying to get rid of the ports one by one till I find the one which is in charge for handling the "Do a boot" signal to the xbox.
    If you may know this, please let me know because it would save me from messing around. Am I right that this is not a normal Wake On LAN signal which is used by the XBox?

My xbox is alsways on LAN, my notebook not. I'm a system administrator at Siemens AG, therefore simple WiFi setups are no problem for me ;-)
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Xbox wont start over App

Hey there,

If you're connected over WiFi and you're able to boot the Xbox One console while it's off for a short duration, there may be an interruption with your internet connection while the Xbox One console is powered down. If you were to boot your Xbox One console
    when you can't from the Xbox app, does it boot up with a green Xbox logo screen, or does the Xbox One dashboard show a brief message stating it's not connected to the internet?

Also, does this occur if both your PC and Xbox One console is wired to your modem? Give that a shot and let us know how it goes!
Thema:

Apps wont start.

1. Apps wont start. - Similar Threads - Apps wont start

2. Xbox (beta) app for pc wont download games in background?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (beta) app for pc wont download games in background?: Hello, im having issues downloading games on the game pass using the xbox (beta) app on win 10. If i run a different game while trying to download something, the download just stops. It sits there...
  3. Apps like Movie & Films wont start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Apps like Movie & Films wont start: Have tried all suggestions in support on this nothing works delete app and reinstall, delete account and reinstall (login)...this happens also with apps Microsoft Edge, VLC... App startup logo...
  4. Mixer App on Xbox One wont start up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mixer App on Xbox One wont start up.: Mixer hasnt been working for some time now, maybe a month or two. tries as much troubleshooting help as xbox one will give but its all useless garbage, ive tried error code search, hard restting...
  5. Under xbox,xbox beta app , wont start AoE :Castle Siege

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Under xbox,xbox beta app , wont start AoE :Castle Siege: First of all i tried everything . Now i gonna loose my mind . Really , upgraded to windows 10 and now i can't play with Castle Siege on my laptop. When i start the game it pops up the loading...
  6. Xbox One apps wont start - no error code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One apps wont start - no error code: So recently I got an xbox one, all was good, I downloaded a game I bought and the blu ray app. Then all of a sudden I can't download any apps at all. I'm trying to get the netflix, hulu and...
  7. Games or apps wont start up after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games or apps wont start up after update: my console updated and now everytime i try to start a game it tells me it took to long to start (0x8027025a), the settings wont open just sits there with the settings logo, store tells me to...
  8. Xbox wont start over App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont start over App: Hello together, If I want to start my XBox over the Windows 10 App it wont Boot up. If the Xbox is already started, there are no problems to connect to it. - The xbox is setup to "Instant On"...
  9. Games and Apps Wont Start After System Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and Apps Wont Start After System Update: Whenever I try and start a game or app it prompts me with a message saying "Sorry, that didn't work for some reason. (0x80070002)" My Xbox One auto-updated at 8:00 AM this morning, I believe that...
  10. Xbox one wont update apps or games or start them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wont update apps or games or start them: When I try to download or start apps they wont install. It will stop installation then and says there was a problem with the update you need this update to use your console but something went...