Are games bought at a discount with "Deals with Gold" playable if you no longer have Xbox Live?

Discus and support Are games bought at a discount with "Deals with Gold" playable if you no longer have Xbox Live? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; You buy a game at a discount when you have Xbox Live Gold membership. Do you still have access to the game if your Xbox Live Gold membership expires?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LochMannin, Jan 1, 2017.

1. LochMannin
    LochMannin Guest

Are games bought at a discount with "Deals with Gold" playable if you no longer have Xbox Live?

You buy a game at a discount when you have Xbox Live Gold membership. Do you still have access to the game if your Xbox Live Gold membership expires? I understand you do not have the multiplayer or aspects of the game that require you to have Xbox Live.
    But, many games are single player that do not need the Xbox Live support. If I no longer have Xbox Live can I still access the portions of the games I bought that do not require Xbox Live? Or do they put it behind some kind of wall that require me to have
    Xbox Live active to play these discounted games?

It was my understanding the totally free downloads are restricted to having an active Xbox Live account. I was wondering if the same thing happened with discounted games.

:)

LochMannin, Jan 1, 2017
  2. Tunsin541
    Tunsin541 Guest
    Deals with Gold

Do you get to keep Deal with Gold if your Gold expires? Deals are the ones you pay for at a discount.

Tunsin541, Jan 1, 2017
  3. SHAME! Shame! False advertisement

Shame you Xbox for false advertising on services and discounts! Gold membership deals should be available year long and recognizable post discount if difficulites are experienced. Just sayin, fathers days here and games like Destiny should have deals, wake
    up Xbox and make a business.

twoelkstanding, Jan 1, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

If you actually pay for them, you can play with or without gold. It's on the games with gold games that are restricted.

Smwutches, Jan 1, 2017
  5. Smwutches Win User

If you actually pay for them, you can play with or without gold. It's on the games with gold games that are restricted.
  6. CrazY1985 Win User

Xbox Gold discounts to Buy games

Games bought (with discount) will always be yours.

Games with gold (monthly free) won't be playable after your membership ends
  7. Lee-1D32687A-8B6E-48 Win User

Xbox live promo FREE! Xbox 360 game disc

Awesome! Great deal and a great game.

It looks like you bought this almost a year ago. Just know that when you renew for another year of Xbox Live Gold, it will be at the full going rate and not discounted.
  8. XBF Chris J Win User

how much will it cost to play fortnight on xbox one?

Hey Bob,

If you look at Xbox live gold as "only for fortnite" then I would agree that it would get a little pricey. However, you get so much more with gold then just the ability to play fortnite.

1. You get Free games every month (up to $700 value throughout the year). 2 Games for Xbox one, and 2 Games for Xbox 360 (Playable on Xbox one through backwards compatibility)
    2. You get deals/discounts with gold. Saving up to 50-75% in the Microsoft store with exclusive discounts .
    3. Online capability for all online games.

And the price is there to keep our servers stable, and up and running.

Hope this helped!
  9. howjord Win User

3 month gold 50% off free 1000 apex coins

I dont think you have understood correctly.

I have not yet bought into the deal as the price for the 3 months gold is not displaying the discounted 50% off price. It still shows £14.99.
Thema:

1. Are games bought at a discount with "Deals with Gold" playable if you no longer have Xbox Live? - Similar Threads - Are games bought

2. comprei jogos pela xbox live e nao consigo baixar eles no pc[i bought games for xbox live...

in XBoX on Windows
    comprei jogos pela xbox live e nao consigo baixar eles no pc[i bought games for xbox live...: em 2017 eu comprei GTA V e Far cry 4 em midia digital pelo xbox 360, e agora em 2020 comprei um pc e queria saber se tem como eu conseguir baixar esses jogos pelo app da xbox ou ate mesmo pela...
  3. Bought game and no longer own it..

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought game and no longer own it..: Hi, in late September of 2019 I purchased Ark Survival Evolved on the PC Microsoft store and i went to re-download the game yesterday and it does not give me the option to download the game... If...
  4. Bought games disappearing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought games disappearing: So ive bought lots of games and some i have deleted to free up space and also i have two xboxes with my account on them. Some of those games have just disappeared of of my games and ready to...
  5. Bought Forza Bundle With No Game Inside

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought Forza Bundle With No Game Inside: Just recently bought xbox one Forza 4 Lego bundle at Walmart. I wanted just the Xbox for $199 but they were out so I bought what they had left the Forza bundle for $279. According to what I have...
  6. Online bought game doesn‘t show up on my Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Online bought game doesn‘t show up on my Xbox?: i‘m really pissed because i bought a game 1 hour ago >The Sims 4 Seasons Add-on< online on my mobile phone and it doesn‘t show up on my xbox one x? I payed immediately with my Bank account and...
  7. Need to speak with someone about a refund, bought a game twice, requested a refund and came...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Need to speak with someone about a refund, bought a game twice, requested a refund and came...: I bought the Standard Edition of The Crew 2 for full price (69,99€), 3 days later the game goes on sale so i bought the Deluxe Edition of The Crew 2 (which was discounted at the price of 15,99€),...
  8. 我在香港商店买错了游戏,并没有下载,请问该如何退款? [I bought the wrong game in the Hong Kong store and didn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    我在香港商店买错了游戏,并没有下载,请问该如何退款? [I bought the wrong game in the Hong Kong store and didn't...: 我在mac登录国行微软商店,看到推荐了 帝国时代2:终极版这个游戏,点击购买跳转到了港服,我看到有xbox live字 ,以为可以在xbox主机玩,然后购买了,结果始终不能在主机下载,查了好久发现只能在pc上玩,我的pc性能很差, 本玩不了。 我想退款,应该怎么操作? [Translation-I logged in to the mac bank Microsoft store,...
  9. Game gekocht met ideal, xbox tegoed ook afgeschreven.[Translation-Game bought with ideal,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game gekocht met ideal, xbox tegoed ook afgeschreven.[Translation-Game bought with ideal,...: Beste lezer, Net een game gekocht met ideal, daarna gelijk naar de store gegaan op de xbox one. Zoals aangegeven bij de ideal aankoop zal er geen geldbedrag worden afgeschreven, echter is er ook...
  10. I can't run the game I bought

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't run the game I bought: Hello there, how are you guys? Well, I'm facing an odd issue. Last night I purchased and installed the optimized version of "Star Wars - Force Unleashed" for Xbox One on the digital Microsoft...