Are games really games anymore?

Discus and support Are games really games anymore? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I like DLC when it has a good game launch time, not that they release the game and DLC at the same time. 6cbbd850-6b2b-44cf-b640-f57c168faad2 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RoninhoM2906, Aug 27, 2019.

1. RoninhoM2906
    RoninhoM2906 Guest

I like DLC when it has a good game launch time, not that they release the game and DLC at the same time.

:)

RoninhoM2906, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Ellarianora Win User

Over the years, pay-to-win games have really gone down the drain. Not like they've gone bad but like they just rarely exist. In video games, like TERA for example, the only thing you really purchase now is either mounts and vanity items. No weapons, armour
    or anything like that. DLCs that add armour is just basically the same concept. They range from £1 - £10 which is reasonable. No one is put at a disadvantage with these and the only thing that's different really is that some players are riding around on rainbow
    coloured unicorns while everyone else is riding with a bay coloured horse. However, non vanity DLCs are the ones that add up. Take Sims, if you were to buy the entirety of Sims 3 and all of its add-ons, it totals to about £400 which is absolutely crazy! Now
    I totally bought all the add-ons every time they were released but at the time, it didn't add up to £400 at the time but now that I work it out, it's a lot of money. Stuff like that should just be in the base game then it would make sense why the base game
    was like £50 at the time and then £30 an add-on. Games with ridiculous price add-ons is stupid and game companies should really think about how much they are charging for the DLCs like is it really worth it? One game company that I think charges a reasonable
    price is Studio Wildcard. Ark Survival Evolved DLC costs around £14 per DLC. They add a completely new map, new concept, new dinos and a new story. I'd say they're definitely worth that price whereas Sims DLC is just not. I have no clue where I was going with
    this post other than the difference in price of DLCs. I have noticed prices of video games have gone up over the years but with Gamepass, games I would not have spent £30 on are included in it. Game subscription programmes are the way forward for gamers. Investing
    into a monthly subscription to get 100s of top tier games worth at least £30 is definitely a worthwhile investment. I don't see why game companies just don't put their games into these programmes, they'd still benefit from them and so would gamers.
  3. dorondragon Win User

I don't like that most games are becoming pay to win it's sad and not a fun thing as money doesn't just fall of a tree you have to earn it but now it's been spent on games than other valuable things in life.
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi there Fellow Gamers,

Thanks so much for posting such great content and comments in this discussion. I'd just like to remind everyone to keep to the

Xbox Forums Guidelines
    when posting and participating in relation to the following so as to keep the discussion going forward:

4) Do not post or use profanity or any creative form of bypassing the word filters.
    Even if it’s ****** don’t post it.

13) Please
    do not spam
    . No commercial posts or flooding the forum with useless content.
    Double, triple, etc. posting and one word replies can also be considered spam. Post with substance and thought.

Thanks for bringing this discussion topic to the Xbox Forums and happy gaming!
  5. MightyQuinn75 Win User

Agree. I have over 200 hours in that game so the dlcs were very worth it. I got the season pass. I understand it can be frustrating. But if a dev team has to put so much work into the content it's only fair we pay for it. With games being so amazing
    on graphics these days the art work alone takes months.
  6. BarbecueSausage Win User

It's very rare that I would get the DLC for a game, last one was for Overcooked
Thema:

1. Are games really games anymore? - Similar Threads - Are games really

2. Game recording are really laggy, and look terrible

in XboX Insiders
    Game recording are really laggy, and look terrible: So I've been playing COD MW and had a few recording and watching back they look really bad, it's the first time I have noticed it, it was MP match but had no problems when actually playing. I am...
  3. I really like the new Games and App view

in XboX Insiders
    I really like the new Games and App view: It's all there and very easy to manage. You can see everything you need, it takes no time to navigate, and it definitely loads faster. I am very pleasantly surprised. I was expecting to not like...
  4. Headset gaming, have you really tried it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset gaming, have you really tried it?: Mainly on online competitive games as you can hear movement more easily 0f65ffb2-36f7-4421-bbe8-a55868172a47
  5. I love xCloud, but i'd really like to play some backwards compatible games.

in XboX Insiders
    I love xCloud, but i'd really like to play some backwards compatible games.: Don't get me wrong I'm in love with it and use it whenever I get a little free time. The fact games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Halo 5, Devil May Cry 5, and DayZ can be played practically in...
  6. I feel really bad for having to report some players when I was playing a game. Now what?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I feel really bad for having to report some players when I was playing a game. Now what?: Most recently today, I had to report a series of enemy team in Overwatch who were playing aggressively like they are completely unbeatable. When it came to, I saw 2 of my teammates rage quit in...
  7. I bought the wrong game and really would like a refun if possible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the wrong game and really would like a refun if possible: I bought wrong game can i refund? 159c9ba9-26b0-43f3-97bd-f1015c59afa7
  8. We Really Need Am External Way To Manage Game Save Data

in XBoX on Consoles
    We Really Need Am External Way To Manage Game Save Data: After all these years, I am still playing Fallout 4. The issue is a handful of individual games saves in the game save container cause the game to crash before before they can even be deleted...
  9. I have an Xbox 360, but there is a Xbox One game I really want to buy

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, but there is a Xbox One game I really want to buy: I have a question about whether or not you can play Xbox One games on an Xbox 360. I still have an Xbox 360 Kinect and I was wondering if I could play an Xbox One game on it because I have...
  10. REALLY STILL BROKEN-Xbox Game Pass PC-Cant Install Metro Exodus Error Code 0x80040154

in XBoX on Windows
    REALLY STILL BROKEN-Xbox Game Pass PC-Cant Install Metro Exodus Error Code 0x80040154: Hi All, This is my 3rd attempt to get this issue resolved. First off, I appreciate everyone who has offered help on my previous two threads. However, this does not appear to be my PC. As stated...