Are prepaid gold membership cards country locked?

Discus and support Are prepaid gold membership cards country locked? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been i Germany in 2 weeks and right before I left I noticed that my gold membership was almost out. So when I was i Germany I bought a prepaid... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Basilusk, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Basilusk
    Basilusk Guest

I have been i Germany in 2 weeks and right before I left I noticed that my gold membership was almost out. So when I was i Germany I bought a prepaid membership. When i got back i tried to redemming it but it dosn't want to redeem. So my question is: Are
    prepaid cards country locked? This is kinda pissing me off because I spent 50 euros on it and my money situation isn't the best at the time. Sorry for the english btw.

:)

Basilusk, Mar 30, 2014
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Overview of Xbox LIVE Renewal

When your current Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is about to run out, you will get a renewal message on your screen.

• Month-to-month membership- Notification comes 15 days in advance
    • 3 or 12 month membership- Notification comes 30 days in advance
    Xbox LIVE membership can be renewed using a credit card, a debit card, or a Prepaid Gold Membership Card.

If your automatic membership renewal (auto renewal) is set to off, you can purchase a new subscription or use a prepaid membership card to renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.

Renew with a payment option by purchasing a new membership:

Steps to Follow

1) Use your Xbox LIVE gamertag to sign in.

2) Under Settings, select Account.

3) Proceed to Your Memberships, and select the membership that you currently have (for example Xbox LIVE Gold)

4) Select Modify Membership and you will be presented with a list of renewal options. If you are on an Xbox LIVE Free Membership, you can choose to upgrade to Gold Membership.

5) Select a membership option, then Confirm Purchase.

Once you have confirmed your purchase, the following will happen:

• The payment option you are using will be charged immediately.
    • The time subscription plan you have just purchased will be added to your remaining subscription time.
    • Your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be activated and auto renewal turned on.
    Take note:

If you use a credit card as your payment option, you cannot remove it on file until your current membership expires.

There is a procedure you can follow to add or change your Xbox LIVE payment option.

Renew with a prepaid membership card

It is possible to renew your Xbox LIVE membership using a Prepaid Microsoft Gold Membership Card. This card is available at retail locations.

If you choose to redeem a prepaid Xbox LIVE membership code, you will be added time to your existing Xbox LIVE membership, while your renewal settings will remain unchanged.

How to turn on auto renewal (for existing membership):

If you are already on Xbox LIVE Gold of Family Pack membership and you want to turn on auto renewal without purchasing new membership, you should contact Xbox Support.

How to Troubleshoot Xbox LIVE renewal:

If there are issues with your Xbox LIVE account, you might receive the following messages. The solutions are provided below:

• Error: Your credit card has been declined several times by our billing service.
    This means that your credit card has expired, or the information on it has been changed. To solve this problem, there is a procedure you can follow to change payment option for Xbox LIVE membership.

• Error: 8015d080
    In case you receive this error message, you need to contact Xbox Support.

xboxfelix, Mar 30, 2014
  3. schmoofz
    schmoofz Guest
    Can I redeem an Xbox LIVE Gold membership prepaid card in another country?

I recently bought an Xbox LIVE Gold membership prepaid card for a friend in another country (Malaysia, to be exact), and I bought the card in New Zealand.

Will the code/card work for him?

Thanks.

schmoofz, Mar 30, 2014
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

Most codes are region locked this is usually why it is suggested you buy a code from your actual region

ngocphi, Mar 30, 2014
  5. DangerousBard Win User

Prepaid Code für Xbox live gold nutzen (ohne ein Konto einzurichten)

You can't buy gold membership with prepaid cards. To purchase gold membership you should have a valid method of payment included in your account or you can buy a prepaid gold membership card.
  6. Klokkwork Win User

Unable to redeem 3+1Month Code or check other settings

Okay, prior to you purchasing this prepaid Gold membership card, how were you paying for Gold membership? How much, how often? Like $60 a year? $15 a month? Was it from other prepaid cards before?
  7. zmaster2XXX Win User

Microsoft

You can only use credit cards or prepaid xbox gold cards to pay for gold memberships.
  8. ngocphi Win User

Most codes are region locked this is usually why it is suggested you buy a code from your actual region
  9. valovato Win User

how do i change my account region or country

can i still renew my gold membership with the prepaid cards?
Thema:

1. Are prepaid gold membership cards country locked? - Similar Threads - Are prepaid gold

2. I was wrong to put gold prepaid card

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was wrong to put gold prepaid card: I was redeeming the prepaid gold card that I won, but they hindered me and unintentionally put it in another account, can you transfer the gold to my profile please...
  3. How to refund a prepaid Xbox gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to refund a prepaid Xbox gold: I tried to gift myself 6 mouth Xbox gold gift code but unfortunately when I try to redeem it I get "Contact the seller to get a code that works in your region. This code was purchased in a...
  4. Prepaid live gold not working

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Prepaid live gold not working: Prepaid live gold not working. Went back to store twice where they told me to start wasting my day doing this . No error code, just goes to add another way to pay which is [Mod Removed-Profanity]...
  5. Microsoft stole my prepaid months of live gold gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft stole my prepaid months of live gold gold: I have converted my xbox live gold to game pass ulltimate by accident, so I cancelled the payment for ultimate, but it cancelled all the converted months too. I want my months back!!!...
  6. Can an Xbox Live prepaid card be used to extend an existing Xbox Live Gold account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an Xbox Live prepaid card be used to extend an existing Xbox Live Gold account that has...: Can an Xbox Live prepaid card be used to extend an existing Xbox Live Gold account that has autorenew on a credit card? fdcc5aa8-6489-40eb-a3a9-036ff7a0eb7d
  7. Game pass ultimate and existing prepaid gold.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Game pass ultimate and existing prepaid gold.: Hello, I'd like to subscribe to the ultimate game pass, since it is only 1€ for the moment whereas the ordinary game pass is 10€ but I already have an existing prepaid xbox live gold account...
  8. Hello, buy GOLD 1 YEAR with a PREPAID card, My question, Is it legal to have it removed...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Hello, buy GOLD 1 YEAR with a PREPAID card, My question, Is it legal to have it removed...: Hello buy GOLD 1 YEAR with a PREPAID card, My question, Is it legal to have it removed when there are still 3 months left? And to sue is Microsoft or Xbox.com ?. Today I was limited, and I've...
  9. Xbox live gold prepaid card wont activate

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live gold prepaid card wont activate: I bought an xbox live gold prepaid card yesterday at a walkmart and tried to redeem it but a message stating that the code had not been activated and to contact the merchant to activate it came...
  10. Xbox live gold prepaid code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold prepaid code: I can not redeem my prepaid xbox live gold code, when I enter it, I get the message "Check the instructions that came with your code." You may need to redeem it on a different web page. " I tried...