Are we ever going to have a functioning disk drive on Xbox?

Discus and support Are we ever going to have a functioning disk drive on Xbox? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why do you have to insist on putting the worst cheapest garbage disk drives in? I dont care about keeping the cost down for peasants. Please have a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Squanch Moose, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Are we ever going to have a functioning disk drive on Xbox?

Why do you have to insist on putting the worst cheapest garbage disk drives in? I dont care about keeping the cost down for peasants. Please have a version of the series x with a functioning disk drive. Not only does my x choose what 4k blu ray movies
    it will play, now even KOTOR disk will only read after hard resetting and yes I am on instant power. And no it doesnt need to be serviced, it will play certain movies or games like deadpool 4k forza 5 every time. Its your horrible software support. Too many
    hipsters in charge is my guess. Day 1 Xbox one disk drive was garbage after a year, one x after your horrid updates it gets worse on what will play. Why do you insist on garbage drives? I WILL PAY MORE ON A SERIES X FOR ALL TOP OF THE LINE PARTS. I will be
    getting an extended warranty this time and will be sending it back I am sure within a year because of the disk drive being garbage.

:)

Squanch Moose, Feb 22, 2020
  2. mareledanut Win User

Hi, i'm sorry to hear that you disk drive has problems. I never had any problem with my Xbox so it might be just a singular issue.
  3. Bokor Zombie Win User

Hi
    Squanch Moose

We respect and appreciate all gamers to come to the Xbox forum with their questions and their topics of discussions. I completely understand your frustration as this type of issue can happen to any product when we are unhappy with it we need to vent.

Though with all due respect please I don't appreciate you referring to my fellow gaming friends as peasants. Here is a link that I think you should read please -

Please Read (Bullying is NOT ok)

Thank you
  4. Zdubleu Win User

I recommend always making sure you are always putting clean discs into the drive. Sometimes dust/dirt is on a disc when it is placed in the drive and causes said dust/dirt to then get on the lens and other components. Also ensuring the Xbox is in a clean
    dust free location will help. Do not close it up in a case however, it will cause heating issues with no proper ventilation.
  5. mattmatt117 Win User

Yeah I dont rely on my Xbox to play disc, well I can't no more since it doesnt work.
  6. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Sorry to hear you are having issues. We have 1* Xbox One, 2* Xbox One S and 1* Xbox One X... all of which are used regularly, I've never had any issues with disc drives. -knock on wood-
Thema:

1. Are we ever going to have a functioning disk drive on Xbox? - Similar Threads - Are ever going

2. Is the Plex buffering issues ever going to be fixed?

in XboX Insiders
    Is the Plex buffering issues ever going to be fixed?: This issue has been going on for 2 years now, every blue moon it gets fixed but currently it has been broke since the summer. Plex will endlessly buffer after 10-20 mins of playback, if you exit...
  3. Slow download speeds on XBGP-PC, ever going to change?

in XBoX on Windows
    Slow download speeds on XBGP-PC, ever going to change?: I've been using the Xbox Game Pass for PC since it launched, and one consistent thing has been the inconsistent download speeds. Most downloads will see the speed indicator jumping anywhere from...
  4. Why can't I and Will I ever be able to go Xbox Live again?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I and Will I ever be able to go Xbox Live again?: My xbox won't go live and I've not changed anything that I know of, I never do, add or change anything on my system for Fear that this would happen. Now I'm reading the post and have to do...
  5. Are you ever going to fix the 4k player???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are you ever going to fix the 4k player???: I am sick and tired of the trash blu ray player on the x. It wont read half of my 4k movies and then the other half only work a quarter of the time with terrible playback. How can microsoft...
  6. Exclusive content ever going to happen for Xbox players????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Exclusive content ever going to happen for Xbox players????: The reason that other platforms will only get the exclusive mode a year later is because the developer has an exclusivity deal with PS to add to their platform first. Not ideal for other platforms...
  7. Stranded deep is it ever going to happen for console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stranded deep is it ever going to happen for console: Hello my name is Logan [Mod Removed-Personal Information] and I was inquiring about any info I might be able to get involving stranded deep and it being released on Xbox one please if you can or...
  8. Is Microsoft going to ever do anything to block people who cheat using Xim and other mouse...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Microsoft going to ever do anything to block people who cheat using Xim and other mouse...: Right now Xim users are a plauge in Rainbow Six Siege for Xbox. Ubisoft has stated that using these adapters is against their TOS but they have no way to enforce the ban. Is Microsoft going to...
  9. Will the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Addons Bundle ever go on sale?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Addons Bundle ever go on sale?: I already own the FH4 Standard Edition and I see that all 3 editions of the game are currently on sale. I am interested in buying the Ultimate Addons Upgrade, but it's price seems to be fixed at...
  10. Are they ever going to fix the MS rewards app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are they ever going to fix the MS rewards app?: I've tried everything from reinstalling the app to a complete factory reset of my xbox one s and the app still has alternating issues, one day it's fine, one day it'll just open the splash screen...