Are Win10 games region-locked, and if so, how?

Discus and support Are Win10 games region-locked, and if so, how? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi there, I have never bought from the MS online store, and I have a few questions regarding my particular situation. I'm French, spending some time... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by franckvee, Jul 12, 2019.

1. franckvee
    franckvee Guest

Hi there,

I have never bought from the MS online store, and I have a few questions regarding my particular situation.

I'm French, spending some time in France at the moment, and I'm considering playing some Forza Horizon 4. So far, so good. Still, it seems that download keys are region-locked, but are they localized for downloading, or for playing, or both?

Indeed, my main residence is in Japan, so I wonder if I'll be able to play in both countries due to region-locking.

With games bought from an online store called something like "vapor", I have no problem to do so, so is it the same for the MS store? I just hope that "MS Play Anywhere" stands up to its name!

And one more question: with my account, can I install games on my desktop in France, and on my laptop as well (the one that does the Japan-Europe commute)?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

:)

franckvee, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Kingzl3yy Win User

Hi there,

I have never bought from the MS online store, and I have a few questions regarding my particular situation.

I'm French, spending some time in France at the moment, and I'm considering playing some Forza Horizon 4. So far, so good. Still, it seems that download keys are region-locked, but are they localized for downloading, or for playing, or both?

Indeed, my main residence is in Japan, so I wonder if I'll be able to play in both countries due to region-locking.

With games bought from an online store called something like "vapor", I have no problem to do so, so is it the same for the MS store? I just hope that "MS Play Anywhere" stands up to its name!

And one more question: with my account, can I install games on my desktop in France, and on my laptop as well (the one that does the Japan-Europe commute)?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!
    No there not
  3. franckvee Win User

Thanks a lot for your reply. Looks like I'm good to go, then! And yes, the brand new laptop needs something to stretch its legs. ;)

Cheers!
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Region locking usually means that you cannot purchase a game in a certain country if that game has not been released there. But if you purchased a game in another country. You will still be able to play your game in Japan, it's yours to keep now, wherever
    you want to play it.

Yes you should be able to install the game on your desktop and your laptop if you so wish, and if they are powerful enough to play the game.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Games With Gold for 360 on XBox One

It's an issue with some region locked games. Crysis 3 is region locked so it has to check your region on the console.
  6. davemcfly85 Win User

South Park: TSOT - Corrupted game download

some games are region locked so unless the regions of your console, account and physical location match you will NOT be able to download games that are region locked sorry.
Thema:

1. Are Win10 games region-locked, and if so, how? - Similar Threads - Are Win10 games

2. Clearing XB1 games on PC (Win10)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Clearing XB1 games on PC (Win10): Hi guys. I have two disc XB1 games Im selling, and want to clear on PC. I have no access to an XB1 anymore. If I sell the games without clearing, and the buyer inserts the game into his own...
  3. 在xbox none中购买了game pass,在pc端win10商店中安装好这个游戏后就可以直接玩不需要收费吗[Translation- Buy game pass in xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    在xbox none中购买了game pass,在pc端win10商店中安装好这个游戏后就可以直接玩不需要收费吗[Translation- Buy game pass in xbox...: 这 下载后可以免费玩吗?有时间限制吗? [Translation-Can I play for free after downloading? Is there a time limit?] [img] cda14f7c-c385-4611-8ca7-9020e079efee
  4. Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas?

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas?: Alrighty. I'm trying to play games on the Windows 10 version of the XBox Games Pass with an XBox 360 wireless controller. I'm able to use the controller on other game services (example: Steam,...
  5. 关于win10游戏录制问题 [About win10 game recording questions]

in XBoX on Windows
    关于win10游戏录制问题 [About win10 game recording questions]: win+G开启录制功能后 法录制桌面和资源管理器,只能录制游戏或者其他应用的画面,切到桌面 画面,如何解决呢,还是游戏录制不支持该功能。是否有和WIN+G这 方便快捷的录屏软解推荐一下呢? [Translation-Win-G turn on the recording function can not record desktop and explorer, can only...
  6. Win10 Xbox App unable to install or uninstall certain games

in XBoX on Windows
    Win10 Xbox App unable to install or uninstall certain games: So an issue I encountered today. I try to launch Gears 5 on my system to find that a certain descriptor file does not exist and it wont launch. I go through the motions of rebooting and checking...
  7. Win10 game Mutant Year Zero: RTE crash before it start

in XBoX on Windows
    Win10 game Mutant Year Zero: RTE crash before it start: I download the game Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden in my PC with Win10 and Game Pass Ultimate and when y launch the game, show the intro, the "Press any button to start" screen and then when I...
  8. Gaming on PC (Minecraft for Win10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Gaming on PC (Minecraft for Win10): When I brought minecraft:java it also came with Mine-craft for win-10...... problem is I can't remember the Microsoft account I used to redeemed the code with... so is there a way to recovery it?...
  9. XBOX on Win10 / GFWL Achievements / Games Question

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX on Win10 / GFWL Achievements / Games Question: Hello there Microsoft Community! i'am a bit confused.....let me try to explain: I owned several Games from the GFWL era ( SSFIV Arcade Edition, Bioshock 2, Bulletstorm, Resident Evil 5, Street...
  10. Games on XGP (win10) doesn't work...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games on XGP (win10) doesn't work...: Hi, I have issues with playing games on Xbox (beta) and MS too... When I'm clicking "Run game" nothing happened... Games on Steam and Ubi are running soo it's Microsoft problem here :( I have...