Are Win10 games region-locked, and if so, how?

Discus and support Are Win10 games region-locked, and if so, how? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi there, I have never bought from the MS online store, and I have a few questions regarding my particular situation. I'm French, spending some time... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by franckvee, Jul 12, 2019.

1. franckvee
    franckvee Guest

Hi there,

I have never bought from the MS online store, and I have a few questions regarding my particular situation.

I'm French, spending some time in France at the moment, and I'm considering playing some Forza Horizon 4. So far, so good. Still, it seems that download keys are region-locked, but are they localized for downloading, or for playing, or both?

Indeed, my main residence is in Japan, so I wonder if I'll be able to play in both countries due to region-locking.

With games bought from an online store called something like "vapor", I have no problem to do so, so is it the same for the MS store? I just hope that "MS Play Anywhere" stands up to its name!

And one more question: with my account, can I install games on my desktop in France, and on my laptop as well (the one that does the Japan-Europe commute)?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

:)

franckvee, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Kingzl3yy Win User

Hi there,

I have never bought from the MS online store, and I have a few questions regarding my particular situation.

I'm French, spending some time in France at the moment, and I'm considering playing some Forza Horizon 4. So far, so good. Still, it seems that download keys are region-locked, but are they localized for downloading, or for playing, or both?

Indeed, my main residence is in Japan, so I wonder if I'll be able to play in both countries due to region-locking.

With games bought from an online store called something like "vapor", I have no problem to do so, so is it the same for the MS store? I just hope that "MS Play Anywhere" stands up to its name!

And one more question: with my account, can I install games on my desktop in France, and on my laptop as well (the one that does the Japan-Europe commute)?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!
    No there not
  3. franckvee Win User

Thanks a lot for your reply. Looks like I'm good to go, then! And yes, the brand new laptop needs something to stretch its legs. ;)

Cheers!
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Region locking usually means that you cannot purchase a game in a certain country if that game has not been released there. But if you purchased a game in another country. You will still be able to play your game in Japan, it's yours to keep now, wherever
    you want to play it.

Yes you should be able to install the game on your desktop and your laptop if you so wish, and if they are powerful enough to play the game.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Games With Gold for 360 on XBox One

It's an issue with some region locked games. Crysis 3 is region locked so it has to check your region on the console.
  6. davemcfly85 Win User

South Park: TSOT - Corrupted game download

some games are region locked so unless the regions of your console, account and physical location match you will NOT be able to download games that are region locked sorry.
Thema:

1. Are Win10 games region-locked, and if so, how? - Similar Threads - Are Win10 games

2. XBOX on Win10 / GFWL Achievements / Games Question

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX on Win10 / GFWL Achievements / Games Question: Hello there Microsoft Community! i'am a bit confused.....let me try to explain: I owned several Games from the GFWL era ( SSFIV Arcade Edition, Bioshock 2, Bulletstorm, Resident Evil 5, Street...
  3. Games on XGP (win10) doesn't work...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games on XGP (win10) doesn't work...: Hi, I have issues with playing games on Xbox (beta) and MS too... When I'm clicking "Run game" nothing happened... Games on Steam and Ubi are running soo it's Microsoft problem here :( I have...
  4. 윈10 게임모드 기능으로 녹화한 동영상을 저장하는 위치를 변경할 수 없습니다.[Translation-With the Win10 game mode feature,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    윈10 게임모드 기능으로 녹화한 동영상을 저장하는 위치를 변경할 수 없습니다.[Translation-With the Win10 game mode feature,...: https://icecreamf1sh.tistory.com/139 이곳이나 https://support.microsoft.com/ko-kr/help/4028695/windows-10-where-are-my-game-dvr-clips-and-screenshots-saved 이곳이나...
  5. i can't download a XGP game in Win10

in XboX Insiders
    i can't download a XGP game in Win10: [IMG] i tried to download hotline miami from the xbox game pass session on pc but for some reason i could not download it, then it shows 0x80070005 as an error code the download wouldn't even...
  6. Frequent Crashing Minecraft Win10 Bedrock in Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Frequent Crashing Minecraft Win10 Bedrock in Game: Hi, wondering if anyone could give me some advice. Im playing minecraft windows 10, and finding my game is crashing well upwards of 15 times per hour. It's usually triggered by block breaking or...
  7. Game. XBOX. WIN10

in XBoX on Windows
    Game. XBOX. WIN10: Hi. I bought a game in the Store NHL 16. Thought you could run it from your computer through the XBOX app. But I do not even install and download. He writes that there are no necessary devices. I...
  8. XBox Game Pass Games nicht erhältlich / Win10 (XBox Game Pass Games Not Available/ PC Win10 )

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox Game Pass Games nicht erhältlich / Win10 (XBox Game Pass Games Not Available/ PC Win10 ): Guten Tag, und zwar möchte ich gern mein Problem schildern. Ich hab mir jetzt vor wenigen Tagen den XBox Game Pass für die 14-tägige kostenlose Testversion gekauft und hatte eigentlich vor...
  9. Achievements not update/unlock in games on Win10

in XBoX on Windows
    Achievements not update/unlock in games on Win10: On August 2 I unlock two achievements in Forza Motorsport 7, but yesterday I cannot unlock any achievement in three different games. Tracking in achievements also not update, I checked "Connected...
  10. Rise of the Tomb Raider Game Progress % not updating (Win10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Rise of the Tomb Raider Game Progress % not updating (Win10): I've recently finished the game on survivor difficulty, and have an in game progress of 100%, how ever the associated achievements have not popped. On the Xbox.com site it only show a game...