Are you having a "Needed Authentication" error all of the sudden

Discus and support Are you having a "Needed Authentication" error all of the sudden in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Are you having a "Needed Authentication" error all of the sudden (ATT Solution) I did that with Xbox support, was on the phone with them for an hour.... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by PowPow216, Jan 7, 2019.

1. PowPow216
    PowPow216 Guest

Are you having a "Needed Authentication" error all of the sudden (ATT Solution)
    I did that with Xbox support, was on the phone with them for an hour. Guy was nice, but everything pointed to ATT.

:)

PowPow216, Jan 7, 2019
  2. d3monkid12 Win User

Wow, I had to look that up, about the AT&T Gateway 5268AC, and yeah, the Arris doesn't support UPnP. That should not be an issue if you manually forward the ports for Xbox Live that avoids the need for it and that status message would clear up, and hopefully
    improve your performance. I wish it did, but nope. and I not the one that did it. EA emailed me a list of the ports i needed open to connect to their servers for that whole port forwarding stuff. I don't know how to do all that and didn't want to mess anything
    up so I called at&t and asked them to open some ports for me. I was put on hold for 10 minutes guy came back on talking about I've placed the order to get all the boxes removed from the kitchen for you. 🤨 😡🤬🤬 confused, so was I. he was helping a different
    customer on the phone while I was on hold and got us mixed up. put back on hold few min he came back on and said ok I opened the ports for you �� I said "you did? which ports, cuz I didn't even tell you what I needed to open ports for? he said I open dem all.
    I dmz xbox. I got mad. had someone do that the month b4 and didnt it work. I was told by a completely different sup tech a week b4 that, that dmz could be part of problem and to just open specific ports which is what I was trying to do but they wouldn't do
    it. I feel like EA and at&t are singling me out for whatever reason.😓

edit* I had given xbox live ports when I was giving EA ports to my isp
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Wow, I had to look that up, about the AT&T Gateway 5268AC, and yeah, the Arris doesn't support UPnP. That should not be an issue if you manually

forward the ports for Xbox Live
    that avoids the need for it and that status message would clear up, and hopefully improve your performance.
  4. {Parity} Win User

Many times performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this will resolves those types of issues. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  5. d3monkid12 Win User

So found out my router all of the sudden wouldn't allow me to connect to Xbox Live, but EVERYTHING else was fine with my Wi-Fi. So After hours on the phone with Xbox Support and ATT, here's how I fixed it with ATT, don't know if it will work with other Routers.

1. look on the modem for the Advanced Configuration website, http://000.000.0.000 (your
    IP address)

2. Go to Home Network

3. Then the sub-tab MAC Filtering

4. Scroll down to MAC Filtering List

5. Manually enter the MAC number on your Xbox. May be different depending on if you're wired or wireless.

Your MAC number should be in the Network Settings on your Xbox. I hope this helps someone.
    I've had this message a couple times along with UPnP unsuccessful. constant random disconnects from servers (mostly EA) while still being in party chat. I found out at&t gateway 5268AC is not compatible with UPnP
  6. PowPow216 Win User

I did that with Xbox support, was on the phone with them for an hour. Guy was nice, but everything pointed to ATT.
Thema:

1. Are you having a "Needed Authentication" error all of the sudden - Similar Threads - Are having Needed

2. Hello everyone, I have a game language problem and need your help.

in XboX Insiders
    Hello everyone, I have a game language problem and need your help.: [IMG] I am a xbox gamer from China.I like this xbox very much and often recommend it to my friends. But on xbox, there are many games that Chinese people care about very much don’t have...
  3. Need help i have a wired controller now tryna use my mic on it and it’s all grey out.Is...

in XboX Insiders
    Need help i have a wired controller now tryna use my mic on it and it’s all grey out.Is...: [IMG] submitted by /u/cc1234y [link] [comments]
  4. How do I fix the “For this, the owner needs to sig in”. I have been having this problem for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix the “For this, the owner needs to sig in”. I have been having this problem for...: I cant play tekken 7 which I got from the game pass. It always shows a message,“For this, the owner needs to sign in”. Please let me know what I can do to fix this, an warly response would be much...
  5. Need to unpair new Xbox Wireless Headset but have already returned it; how can I remove the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to unpair new Xbox Wireless Headset but have already returned it; how can I remove the...: I had a (new) Xbox Wireless headset, which unfortunately failed to maintain a stable connection to my Xbox series S. I returned it, but neglected to unpair it from my console. Now I have the old...
  6. Xbox app needs to have copy and paste

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app needs to have copy and paste: Why can’t I copy and paste in messages? I’m not sure if it’s just me, but I can’t. Am I only one who can’t? If not, I think we need this. I’m an iPhone user if that helps submitted by...
  7. Xbox app says I have a game and after launching, says I need to buy it again

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app says I have a game and after launching, says I need to buy it again: I bought Gears 5 when I got the offer to get it for free through the xbox app with the game pass. After finishing the xbox pass, the xbox app says that I already have the game, but when I try to...
  8. I’m interested in joining the Alpha program but have no idea what I need to do for.

in XboX Insiders
    I’m interested in joining the Alpha program but have no idea what I need to do for.: I want to join the Alpha Insider Program so I can give the new browser a try and have been in the program for a little over 3 and a half years and still have idea what I need to do to be invited....
  9. I have a JBL 5.1 soundbar system and need help setting up on series x.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a JBL 5.1 soundbar system and need help setting up on series x.: So recently i was able to get a hold of a xbox series x and i have a 5.1 Jbl soundbar. I have the xbox plugged into m LG C8 and the tv into the soundbar through ARc hdmi. I noticed that if i...
  10. Why does my game say i need a license when i have the disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game say i need a license when i have the disc?: The game says i do not have a license for it but i have the disc for it but it will still not open the game. da42145b-4a0a-4401-911f-f9a155a22c7e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox authentication needed

2. roblox authentication error xbox