Are you having a "Needed Authentication" error all of the sudden

Discus and support Are you having a "Needed Authentication" error all of the sudden in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Are you having a "Needed Authentication" error all of the sudden (ATT Solution) I did that with Xbox support, was on the phone with them for an hour.... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by PowPow216, Jan 7, 2019.

1. PowPow216
    PowPow216 Guest

Are you having a "Needed Authentication" error all of the sudden (ATT Solution)
    I did that with Xbox support, was on the phone with them for an hour. Guy was nice, but everything pointed to ATT.

:)

PowPow216, Jan 7, 2019
  2. d3monkid12 Win User

Wow, I had to look that up, about the AT&T Gateway 5268AC, and yeah, the Arris doesn't support UPnP. That should not be an issue if you manually forward the ports for Xbox Live that avoids the need for it and that status message would clear up, and hopefully
    improve your performance. I wish it did, but nope. and I not the one that did it. EA emailed me a list of the ports i needed open to connect to their servers for that whole port forwarding stuff. I don't know how to do all that and didn't want to mess anything
    up so I called at&t and asked them to open some ports for me. I was put on hold for 10 minutes guy came back on talking about I've placed the order to get all the boxes removed from the kitchen for you. 🤨 😡🤬🤬 confused, so was I. he was helping a different
    customer on the phone while I was on hold and got us mixed up. put back on hold few min he came back on and said ok I opened the ports for you �� I said "you did? which ports, cuz I didn't even tell you what I needed to open ports for? he said I open dem all.
    I dmz xbox. I got mad. had someone do that the month b4 and didnt it work. I was told by a completely different sup tech a week b4 that, that dmz could be part of problem and to just open specific ports which is what I was trying to do but they wouldn't do
    it. I feel like EA and at&t are singling me out for whatever reason.😓

edit* I had given xbox live ports when I was giving EA ports to my isp
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Wow, I had to look that up, about the AT&T Gateway 5268AC, and yeah, the Arris doesn't support UPnP. That should not be an issue if you manually

forward the ports for Xbox Live
    that avoids the need for it and that status message would clear up, and hopefully improve your performance.
  4. {Parity} Win User

Many times performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this will resolves those types of issues. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  5. d3monkid12 Win User

So found out my router all of the sudden wouldn't allow me to connect to Xbox Live, but EVERYTHING else was fine with my Wi-Fi. So After hours on the phone with Xbox Support and ATT, here's how I fixed it with ATT, don't know if it will work with other Routers.

1. look on the modem for the Advanced Configuration website, http://000.000.0.000 (your
    IP address)

2. Go to Home Network

3. Then the sub-tab MAC Filtering

4. Scroll down to MAC Filtering List

5. Manually enter the MAC number on your Xbox. May be different depending on if you're wired or wireless.

Your MAC number should be in the Network Settings on your Xbox. I hope this helps someone.
    I've had this message a couple times along with UPnP unsuccessful. constant random disconnects from servers (mostly EA) while still being in party chat. I found out at&t gateway 5268AC is not compatible with UPnP
  6. PowPow216 Win User

I did that with Xbox support, was on the phone with them for an hour. Guy was nice, but everything pointed to ATT.
Thema:

1. Are you having a "Needed Authentication" error all of the sudden - Similar Threads - Are having Needed

2. I have call of duty black ops 2 on my x box i down loded it and it says i need a disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have call of duty black ops 2 on my x box i down loded it and it says i need a disc: N Yyyyyyyhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god 50478375-f513-4bb2-b927-cee1e2ba7376
  3. Super Meat Boy only has 4 chapters when it’s meant to have 7, update needed? (Xbox 360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Super Meat Boy only has 4 chapters when it’s meant to have 7, update needed? (Xbox 360): Hi everyone, I was playing super meat boy and I noticed that only up to chapter 4 (hell) exists when there is meant to be 7 chapters in the game. Is there some update or reinstallation I can do...
  4. Have multiple realm worlds and clubs that are unable to be deleted. Need help on how...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have multiple realm worlds and clubs that are unable to be deleted. Need help on how...: Howdy so I've looked almost everywhere and even went to Mojang support and tried to find the right link to get rid of both the realm itself and the club that comes created with it. I have 3 realms...
  5. since nov 27th i have been hacked and had unauthorized purchases up to $1000 or more i need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    since nov 27th i have been hacked and had unauthorized purchases up to $1000 or more i need...: someone is charging roblox robux since nov and i need to speak to someone to get the money refunded a phone number 7eff738d-dbd3-4e7d-8dcb-99673d162027
  6. Can anyone help me access my locked out account please? I have changed jobs and need to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone help me access my locked out account please? I have changed jobs and need to...: Can anyone help me access my locked out account please? I have changed jobs and need to update/reapply for my expertzone status a837db1d-7a33-4f94-97c9-0c7b3de952e1
  7. I have a game pass but for some games it says I need to activate a game pass?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a game pass but for some games it says I need to activate a game pass?: My account says I have an active GamePass but when i go to download some games it says i need an active game pass???? d50d2a61-0f4d-4306-b136-9834a5c8e2fb
  8. Xbox live account doesn't have full access and needs a parent.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live account doesn't have full access and needs a parent.: So I recently got myself an xbox one. However, when trying to do simple things like changing my avatar or playing a backwards compatible game, I need permission from a parent? I am over the age of...
  9. Hitman blood money needs payment while having live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hitman blood money needs payment while having live: Hello all, This week I started a live gold trial with my account and I could download Victor Vran and Overcooked for free, but when I try to download Hitman blood money I have to pay for it. Are...
  10. My 360 have been offline for quite some time and I need to rwdownload my user and games that i ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My 360 have been offline for quite some time and I need to rwdownload my user and games that i ...: My 360 have been offline for quite some time and I need to rwdownload my user and games that i had i "My Games".. Can anyone help me how to go about with this? Well, the user is there, but not th...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox authentication needed

2. roblox authentication error xbox