Are You Running an iOS 13 Beta and an Insider?

Discus and support Are You Running an iOS 13 Beta and an Insider? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello Insiders! Regarding text entry into data fields on Xbox - you have a couple of options; the chatpad, a cell phone or PC running the Xbox Console... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ChaserSTL, Jul 11, 2019.

1. /u/ChaserSTL
    /u/ChaserSTL Guest

Hello Insiders!

Regarding text entry into data fields on Xbox - you have a couple of options; the chatpad, a cell phone or PC running the Xbox Console App, voice-to-text via Kinect, your game controller, others I can’t think of off the top of my head and perhaps the most painful - your PDP remote.

Anyhow... I just attempted to enter the answer to a question on one of the XB Insider App’s surveys and usually I’m able to use my iPhone to type responses into the fields. An annoying (previously reported) bug has you tapping the Nexus button on your iPhones Xbox App’s remote interface twice to make the App realize you’re trying to enter text - but even after doing this, the usual pop up you normally get when trying to type into the Xbox Insider’s text box, nothing appeared. I ended up “manually” entering my response via the console’s keyboard by using my remote’s directional keypad to click the required letters/punctuation on the console’s keyboard.

So - I’m running a beta version of iOS (iOS 13 Developer Beta 3) and s beta Xbox OS (1906). Kinda tough to pin down who’s the culprit, but I’m curious if anyone else noticed this issue?

Please drop a line in this thread if you’ve experienced the same issue and to the Insider Kings and Queens - should (and if so how) should I report this and to whom?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/ChaserSTL
    [link] [comments]

/u/ChaserSTL, Jul 11, 2019
  2. AWildYamiEnters Win User

Xcloud on iPhone

I believe so yes. All IOS devices.
    I wouldn't say "All iOS devices", cause that would mean a first Gen iPhone/iPad could use the service. If at all possible I'd say everything that uses iOS 12 and up, because iOS 13 is currently in beta (with a Sep. release).
  3. DJBSE72 Win User

Connecting Controller to iPhone

Hi,

with iOS 12 it's not possible to connect Xbox Controllers.

With iOS 13, that comes in September it will.

meanwhile you would need to have an Apple certified Controller. (MFI)

only a view are available
  4. Mister Mascot Win User

Message issues

Finally a response, but with only questions and not answers. Mine has been broken since the last update. Everything else works perfectly.
    So to clarify BlueTiger54, the issue is only happening with you on iOS devices correct? Which version iOS are you running (are you running a technical BETA as well?) and please try the steps on this guide

HERE
    to see if it helps out with the issue.

Let us know how it goes!
  5. BrVT Vinny Win User

Xbox App

Maybe you should test the BETA version. It's available on Android, not sure if on iOS
  6. BlueTiger54-19A9E4F8 Win User

Message issues

Finally a response, but with only questions and not answers. Mine has been broken since the last update. Everything else works perfectly.

So to clarify BlueTiger54, the issue is only happening with you on iOS devices correct? Which version iOS are you running (are you running a technical BETA as well?) and please try the steps on this guide

HERE
    to see if it helps out with the issue.

Let us know how it goes!

No beta. I can get messages just fine through the Windows 10 App, or on my Xbox. Xbox.com has only worked off and on for as long as I remember. Version 10.2 (14C92).
Thema:

1. Are You Running an iOS 13 Beta and an Insider? - Similar Threads - Are Running iOS

2. How do I run a game on Safe Mode from the Xbox Beta/Windows Store?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I run a game on Safe Mode from the Xbox Beta/Windows Store?: I've just got metro Exodus but it seems to be very unstable unless I'm on safe mode. I can only ever go into Safe Mode once the game has previusly crashed, so I don't know how to find another way...
  3. Does MGSV run at 60fps on the Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does MGSV run at 60fps on the Xbox 360?: My good friend invited me over to help him move, and in this plastic tub was his video games he collected over the years. He said whatever u wanted I should take because they were all getting...
  4. [PC] Xbox Gaming Services will not run

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [PC] Xbox Gaming Services will not run: So I bought and downloaded Gears V for PC. It ran well yesterday. Today I was trying to launch the game but nothing was happening. So I opened Task manger and ended the Gaming Services program....
  5. MineCraft Running on Windows 10 on Laptop- Cant change mode to see through character Eye

in XBoX on Windows
    MineCraft Running on Windows 10 on Laptop- Cant change mode to see through character Eye: CAnt change the mode...i can see character whole body which blocks the my vision to place building blocks. I want to see via "Characters" Eye means I want to be inside the charcater not outside,...
  6. Xbox one not able to run anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not able to run anything: I switched on my xbox after a long time, a successful software upgrade happened. After that I am not able to use few keys from my wired controller. Down movement of left stick not working, on...
  7. I cant run human flat fall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant run human flat fall: I cant run a game downloaded from microsoft store: Human fall flat on steam on xbox one s. I reinstalled it. I cant see it on my game list. 4c553ca8-4308-4065-bdc0-ebb1c089a8db
  8. why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running?: why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running? at the bottom i see X: 5832.0 before update it use to let me go to guide and was able to go back to system...
  9. Xbox one Freeze running?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one Freeze running?: Hey first time post and on mobile so sorry for any issues. To make this short I’ll get right to the point. I’ve been having an issue for a while where my console will freeze mid-game, but leave...
  10. Single Player Sea of Thieves Run - Possible, or a total waste of time?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Single Player Sea of Thieves Run - Possible, or a total waste of time?: Ahoy folks! So recently I ended up in a scenario where I got to chat with one of the devs of Sea of Thieves and we got onto the fact that it was definitely a game designed to be played with a...