Ark causing xbox one x to overheat

Discus and support Ark causing xbox one x to overheat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently i have got back into Ark survival evolved and since then my xbox one x will occasionally shut itself off and i will get the ventilation error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by C50xXxCALL, Apr 16, 2019.

1. C50xXxCALL
    C50xXxCALL Guest

Recently i have got back into Ark survival evolved and since then my xbox one x will occasionally shut itself off and i will get the ventilation error message shown on screen.

Now ventilation cannot be the problem as the console is alone on a tv stand and the room is at a constant cool temperature. It only ever overheats when i play ark, i can play other games for hours at an end and it will not cause tue console to overheat

Can anyone help??

:)

C50xXxCALL, Apr 16, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi
    C50xXxCALL

Thank you for coming to the forums for assistance, I'd be happy to help.

So it seems that only Ark is causing your Xbox to shut down due to a ventilation issue but other games play for hours just fine. Like you said, I don't think the console is actually overheating but rather being caused by a bug to replicate that exact scenario.

Go ahead and do a
    hard reset and power cycle
    . Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and
    turn on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help, try re-installing the game and let us know if either of those steps work.
  3. C50xXxCALL Win User

Thank you, i will try these steps out.
  4. Terminus a quo Win User

New Xbox One X - Flickering Confetti Screen in Game only

Hello, I'm sorry but you do not have to overheat the console by taking the holes of ventilation that has. If it is obvious that it overheats. OK it has the heatsink but it is a delicate machine that has to take air that surrounds it.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean, if you block vents on a console or a PC then it will overheat as you either have restricted cooling or nowhere to vent the heat. OP states that they are using the One X in a vertical orientation with a cooling stand which
    will restrict the intake of air and cause the console to overheat.
  5. zmaster2XXX Win User

Xbox one x overheating

The xbox one x will certainly get hotter than previous consoles, but it's perfectly normal. Ensure you have adequate ventilation and it won't overheat.
  6. StevenSF3 Win User

Xbox One X Overheating in fairly well ventilated area but fine with fan blowing into it.

The Xbox One X and One S have built in power boxes so it could overheat doubling up on the surge protection.

If you tried it directly in the wall outlet and it still overheats, it may be eligible for service or repair you can find the website below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices
Thema:

1. Ark causing xbox one x to overheat - Similar Threads - Ark causing overheat

2. Ark Survival will not play on PC!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Ark Survival will not play on PC!!!: I have tried 40 customer service and several times to download 28 times to call for help Ark will not play then it takes 47 minutes to get to 46% I have never been so exhausted in my life. Can...
  3. Ark läd nicht runter [Translate] Ark doesn't download

in XBoX on Windows
    Ark läd nicht runter [Translate] Ark doesn't download: Hallo, Jedes mal wenn ich versuche ark über die XBox beta app und dem game pass runter zuladen kommt der fehler : 0x8000000b Ich habe schon versucht das ganze programm neu runterzuladen aber...
  4. Ark Survival Evolved Start Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Ark Survival Evolved Start Issue: I have been trying to troubleshoot this for 4 hrs now and im getting very frustrated... My Ark Xbox Play anywhere title on my pc will launch fine and when i click start it says signing in i see my...
  5. Ark Closes on Start Up Xbox Game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark Closes on Start Up Xbox Game pass: Hi, I'm coming to ask for your help for a problem that seems to persist for years. I took the Xbox game pass for pc, I realized that it was impossible to start the game; a screen with blue edges...
  6. I can not play ARK (Game pass)

in XBoX on Windows
    I can not play ARK (Game pass): Well, I've already reinstalled the game 4 times! The error is that windows does not allow access to the game files, this error is related to the 0x80070005 that is about administrator...
  7. nitrado ark

in XBoX on Consoles
    nitrado ark: mon serveure nitrado sur ark me fais perdre enormement de stats a mes dino des qu il redemare , le contacte avec nitrado na servie a rien , rien sur les forum nom plus , ark france aucune reponce,...
  8. ARK Survival Evolved

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ARK Survival Evolved: When I try to play on "Unofficial PC Sessions" on ARK it keeps saying, "Could not retrieve address" and I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and it keeps saying it, and I don't know what to do,...
  9. Ark Survival Evolved connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark Survival Evolved connection: So I have recently purchased Ark from the Microsoft store and I'm currently attempting to join and for the past days I have not been able to play I get a roll back every 3 min and I get...
  10. My "Tritton ARK 100" headset is causing people in my XBL party to echo.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My "Tritton ARK 100" headset is causing people in my XBL party to echo.: I'm playing on an XBOX ONE and I just got this headset. Even when I mute the headset, people still hear an echo, but I'm still muted to them. Does anyone have an idea of any settings or something...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can dust cause the xbox one to overheat