Ark causing xbox one x to overheat

Discus and support Ark causing xbox one x to overheat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently i have got back into Ark survival evolved and since then my xbox one x will occasionally shut itself off and i will get the ventilation error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by C50xXxCALL, Apr 16, 2019 at 11:23 AM.

1. C50xXxCALL
    C50xXxCALL Guest

Recently i have got back into Ark survival evolved and since then my xbox one x will occasionally shut itself off and i will get the ventilation error message shown on screen.

Now ventilation cannot be the problem as the console is alone on a tv stand and the room is at a constant cool temperature. It only ever overheats when i play ark, i can play other games for hours at an end and it will not cause tue console to overheat

Can anyone help??

:)

2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi
    C50xXxCALL

Thank you for coming to the forums for assistance, I'd be happy to help.

So it seems that only Ark is causing your Xbox to shut down due to a ventilation issue but other games play for hours just fine. Like you said, I don't think the console is actually overheating but rather being caused by a bug to replicate that exact scenario.

Go ahead and do a
    hard reset and power cycle
    . Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and
    turn on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help, try re-installing the game and let us know if either of those steps work.
  3. C50xXxCALL Win User

Thank you, i will try these steps out.
  4. zmaster2XXX Win User

Xbox one x overheating

The xbox one x will certainly get hotter than previous consoles, but it's perfectly normal. Ensure you have adequate ventilation and it won't overheat.
  5. AdamKronus Win User

Xbox one x overheating

It's pretty weird that Xbox One X has problems with warming up. Make sure it is in an easily ventilated location with unobstructed air vents. If you continue to overheat, replacement may be necessary.
  6. Windows10XboxOne Win User

Dust buildup, can it damage your Xbox 360?

Excessive dust can cause it to overheat.
Thema:

1. Ark causing xbox one x to overheat - Similar Threads - Ark causing overheat

2. Ark Survival Evolved Bundle with the new Diskless Xbox

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Ark Survival Evolved Bundle with the new Diskless Xbox: I think with the new Xbox should be marketed with Ark this would be advantageous for a few reasons as follows Ark is the better with more players, Its not expensive for the license, Xbox could...
  3. Ark Survival evolved Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark Survival evolved Issue: Split from this thread. I have an issue where i can open Ark but when im in the menu i cant select "play Ark" but i can still press host/local or settings 10d67f5f-1eb8-4d74-87ae-dbe2da734fa9
  4. Ark survival evolved

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark survival evolved: So i made a character in ark and uploaded ( ontop of several days worth of Dino taming) them to the Xbox cloud and accidentally deleted the game from my xbox one whenever I reinstalled ark my...
  5. Ark: Survival Evolved Download Problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark: Survival Evolved Download Problems: I have an Xbox one and a PC. I bought Ark and all its expansion packs to play on my Xbox then heard about the cross play ability and tried to download the game onto my computer. When I get to the...
  6. Ark Survival explorer's edition can't download even though I have game pass?

in XBoX on Windows
    Ark Survival explorer's edition can't download even though I have game pass?: As the title says - for some reason I can't download the game through game pass, even though it says its available for it. I can download the base game fine, just not any of the DLC. I'm playing...
  7. The game Ark cannot be removed, installed, or re-installed

in XBoX on Windows
    The game Ark cannot be removed, installed, or re-installed: Hello, A few weeks back, my boot drive for Windows 10 corrupted and I had to replace it and re-install Windows 10 on a new SSD. My setup is as follows: Windows 10 C: drive (boot drive) 9Tb...
  8. Ark Survival

in XBoX on Windows
    Ark Survival: How do i download ark on my pc. 2eed468f-757a-4976-9d0d-31b4c2bf5937
  9. WHAT ? HOW ? been on ark for 6 hours no conments were made in that time by me .

in XBoX Accessibility
    WHAT ? HOW ? been on ark for 6 hours no conments were made in that time by me .: there are two players with [Mod Removed]IS ME ALL LETTERS THEN THERE ANTHER WITN NUMBER 0 AS THE O SPELLED [Mod Removed]this one is not owned by me iv made no cnonments for 6 hours the last one i...
  10. My "Tritton ARK 100" headset is causing people in my XBL party to echo.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My "Tritton ARK 100" headset is causing people in my XBL party to echo.: I'm playing on an XBOX ONE and I just got this headset. Even when I mute the headset, people still hear an echo, but I'm still muted to them. Does anyone have an idea of any settings or something...