Arris: can not host a game NAT Type : Strict

Discus and support Arris: can not host a game NAT Type : Strict in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Arris (Modems/Gateways): can not host a game NAT Type : Strict need help to understand how to remove NAT Type: Strict so I can Host my party in the... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by CurtisRiley, Oct 25, 2016.

1. CurtisRiley
    CurtisRiley Guest

Arris (Modems/Gateways): can not host a game NAT Type : Strict
    need help to understand how to remove NAT Type: Strict so I can Host my party in the game

:)

CurtisRiley, Oct 25, 2016
  2. "Lost connection to host" CONSTANTLY in Blackops

Check your nat type at the bottom before starting a match. If it is moderate or strict there is your problem. When it is on moderate Or strict and you go to migrate to a new host then you can have issue connecting to the new host depending on your nat
    type and the host nat type. Let me know if this is your issue and I can help you with getting your nat type back to open.

frankthetank91, Oct 25, 2016
  3. foxter55
    foxter55 Guest
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox one s

Did you try changing your NAT type? The helpdoc says:

Open:

With an OPEN NAT type, you’re able to chat with other people, as well as

join and host multiplayer games with people who have any NAT type on

their network

Moderate:
    With a MODERATE NAT type, you’re able to chat and play multiplayer games

with some people; however, you might not be able to hear or play with

others, and normally you won’t be chosen as the host of a match.

Strict:

With a STRICT NAT type, you’re only able to chat and play multiplayer

games with people who have an OPEN NAT type. You can’t be chosen as the

host of a match.

-- So I take that to mean if you have STRICT NAT, and if anyone in the group DOES NOT have an OPEN NAT type you are going to have problems.

Are you both running STRICT NAT type?

foxter55, Oct 25, 2016
  4. frankthetank91 Win User

"Lost connection to host" CONSTANTLY in Blackops

Check your nat type at the bottom before starting a match. If it is moderate or strict there is your problem. When it is on moderate Or strict and you go to migrate to a new host then you can have issue connecting to the new host depending on your nat
    type and the host nat type. Let me know if this is your issue and I can help you with getting your nat type back to open.
  5. foxter55 Win User

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox one s

Did you try changing your NAT type? The helpdoc says:

Open:

With an OPEN NAT type, you’re able to chat with other people, as well as

join and host multiplayer games with people who have any NAT type on

their network

Moderate:
    With a MODERATE NAT type, you’re able to chat and play multiplayer games

with some people; however, you might not be able to hear or play with

others, and normally you won’t be chosen as the host of a match.

Strict:

With a STRICT NAT type, you’re only able to chat and play multiplayer

games with people who have an OPEN NAT type. You can’t be chosen as the

host of a match.

-- So I take that to mean if you have STRICT NAT, and if anyone in the group DOES NOT have an OPEN NAT type you are going to have problems.

Are you both running STRICT NAT type?
  6. cookieater821 Win User

Well Xbox...

Sounds like it might be a NAT issue

OPEN NAT MODERATE NAT STRICT NAT

With an OPEN NAT type, you’re able to chat with other people, as well as join and host multiplayer games with people who have any NAT type on their network.

With a MODERATE NAT type, you’re able to chat and play multiplayer games with some people; however, you might not be able to hear or play with others, and normally you won’t be chosen as the host of a match.

With a STRICT NAT type, you’re only able to chat and play multiplayer games with people who have an OPEN NAT type. You can’t be chosen as the host of a match.
  7. Minitorr Win User

Pc Joining Xbox

I would check NAT types. Sometimes if you both have strict or even moderate NAT types it can cause issues when one of you is the host.

If you can get the NAT types open, it solves a lot of issues like these. Another workaround is to use a game with a dedicated 3rd party host (which minecraft has in the form of Realms if the subscription is worth it to you)
  8. EdragonXX Win User

Friend appears offline to me only

Hi Zambesi

In your situation it looks like the NAT problem. There is 3 different type NAT. Strict, Modern and open. Check your NAT type. And if you have STRICT or moderate type NAT then there may be some problems with seeing your friend and invite him to game.

> SETTINGS > NETWORK

With a MODERATE NAT type, you’re able to chat and play multiplayer games with some people; however, you might not be able to hear or play with others, and normally you won’t be chosen as the host of a match.

With a STRICT NAT type, you’re only able to play multiplayer games with people who have an OPEN NAT type. You can’t be chosen as the host of a match.

support.xbox.com/.../network-settings
Thema:

1. Arris: can not host a game NAT Type : Strict - Similar Threads - Arris host game

2. Arris: Router issues maybe? Weird situation!

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Arris: Router issues maybe? Weird situation!: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Router issues maybe? Weird situation! I have the two different Xbox Ones, both say the same thing. Will only work on Ethernet. 52ff3f1c-e8ec-4fb1-a881-19e37048ac09
  3. Arris: Networking Hardware Information?

Arris: Networking Hardware Information?: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Networking Hardware Information? I have the Linksys WRT Gaming WiFi Router I think that it is Optimized for Xbox e32e4d0a-e957-40b2-a089-8d68ea54749b
  4. Arris: Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off?

Arris: Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off?: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off? Hi mike-456, Thanks for replying! Instant-on mode strictly means that your console...
  5. Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type

Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Cannot fix Strict NAT Type Tried that one and 8.8.8.8 but neither worked :( acda9652-d3cd-46e7-94c3-84a229bf4c71
  6. Arris Arris DG1670: MY ISP is flawless. Second I play xbox my ping goes through the roof

Arris Arris DG1670: MY ISP is flawless. Second I play xbox my ping goes through the roof: Arris (Modems/Gateways) Arris DG1670: (Arris dg3270) MY ISP is flawless. Second I play xbox my ping goes through the roof Hi Mack, It can get confusing yes. If you are unsure you can call your...
  7. Arris: Arris DG3260 setup

Arris: Arris DG3260 setup: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Arris DG3260 setup Hello Jack, Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. If the gateway/router is through your ISP, you can always call them for assistance....
  8. Arris: Unable to find wireless connections

Arris: Unable to find wireless connections: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Unable to find wireless connections Sorry to hear you are having issues with wireless connections. Here is the Xbox troubleshoot page for this kind of issue. Hope this...
  9. Arris Arris DG1670: Xbox one won't detect any wireless connections

Arris Arris DG1670: Xbox one won't detect any wireless connections: Arris (Modems/Gateways) Arris DG1670: Xbox one won't detect any wireless connections Hi QEmpire, try the following this article:...
  10. Arris: nat type

Arris: nat type: Arris (Modems/Gateways): nat type Hi SquareAcorn824, Thanks for reaching out to us today. If you're receiving a NAT warning when you connect to Xbox Live, see the Xbox One Multiplayer Game...