Arris: Firewall

Discus and support Arris: Firewall in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Arris (Modems/Gateways): Firewall **** DG1670(**** Firmware) Login Information Gateway - 192.168.0.1 Username - admin Password - password... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by XB1R Hades, Aug 29, 2014.

1. XB1R Hades
    XB1R Hades Guest

Arris (Modems/Gateways): Firewall
    **** DG1670(**** Firmware)

Login Information

• Gateway - 192.168.0.1
    • Username - admin
    • Password - password
    Firewall

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Log into the router by entering the default gateway into the address bar (192.168.0.1) of the internet browser.
    3. The router will then prompt for a user name and password. The default is that user name is "admin" and the password is “password”.
    4. From the menu on the top select Wireless.
    5. From the submenu on the top select Firewall.
    6. From the menu on the left select Firewall Settings.
    7. Uncheck the boxes for Enable Firewall and Enable DoS Attack Protection Firewall.
    8. Select Apply.

:)

XB1R Hades, Aug 29, 2014
  2. XB1R Apollo
    XB1R Apollo Guest

Login Information

• Gateway - 10.0.0.1
    • Username - admin
    • Password - password

Firewall

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Log into the router by entering the default gateway into the address bar of the internet browser. (Example 10.0.0.1)
    3. The gateway will then prompt for a user name and password. The default is that user name is “admin” and the password is “password”.
    4. From the menu on the left select Gateway.
    5. From the submenu on the left select Firewall.
    6. Select Minimum Security (Low).
    7. Select Save Settings.

XB1R Apollo, Aug 29, 2014
  3. XB1R Athena
    XB1R Athena Guest

Login Information

• Gateway - 192.168.0.1
    • Username - admin
    • Password - password

Firewall

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Log into the router by entering the default gateway into the address bar (192.168.0.1) of the internet browser.
    3. The router will then prompt for a user name and password. The default is that user name is "admin" and the password is “password”.
    7. Uncheck the boxes for Enable Firewall and Enable DoS Attack Protection Firewall.
    8. Select Apply.

XB1R Athena, Aug 29, 2014
  4. Y0u AinT Nic3 Win User

Same here. My NAT was on Strick and I didn't know my Firewall was disabled. I enabled it and it set my NAT to open. Thanks!
  5. OceanSideBear Win User

XB1R Apollo - THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I traded in my PS4 because I was so frustrated with no being able to use multiplayer after paying $400 for a system, plus the amount of money for games. When I experienced issues on the Xbox One, your help with the network
    settings (that I am not familiar with) has enabled me to enjoy not only the games I've wanted to play online, but also Microsoft much more. The forums and guide has made me quickly enjoy the products right out of the box. Once again thank you for taking the
    time to post this. PS4 no more - I won't make that mistake ever again!
  6. CB Rebel Win User

Cannot connect to specific friend

Thanks for the info Badkd404 Have you tried to disable the firewall on the arris residential gateway? If you only have the default login for it you may not be able to see the firewall option(most isps have different login for it) default for arris i believe
    is admin 1234 If the companys login is the same as most others try login- MSO (make sure its caps) and password- changeme (tough one i know) if that allows you to login look for firewall option and disable that.

and back ti Pantsthechicken- are you positive its a belkin router you have? I know netgear makes a N150 router and if so you can try to do the same with the SPI firewall built into the netgear(belkin has it to so still try if i am mistaken)

please let me know how this works out

Thanks
  7. XB1R Apollo Win User

Ongoing Live disconnection and update

I can't speak to what occurred at your friend's house, but your Arris device from Comcast is known to cause intermittent disconnections with no permanent resolution. You can attempt to turn the firewall completely off in the gateway but that is not a guaranteed/permanent
    solution.
  8. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Can't connect Xbox live (Comcast)

Hey glad to hear changing the IP fixed it for a bit. Did it still drop out after an hour or so though?

Have you tried a direct wired connection? If not, let's give that a shot and see if it makes any difference.

Also, let's go ahead and try disabling the firewall, as this may be another facet of the issue. Here's how:

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Enter http://192.168.0.1 or http://10.0.0.1 in the address bar. (Or click one of the links)
    3. Enter the username and password if the gateway asks. (admin/password)
    8. Select Apply.

As a resource, here is a complete overview of your gateway device:
    Arris TG852GCT

Let us know how that wired/firewall goes, and we can work from there.
Thema:

1. Arris: Firewall - Similar Threads - Arris Firewall

2. Arris Arris TM602: Xbox Connection Issue

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Arris Arris TM602: Xbox Connection Issue: Arris (Modems/Gateways) Arris TM602 (Modem): Xbox Connection Issue Try a wired ethernet connection to your network hardware and console. You may be getting signal interference if using WiFi....
  3. Arris Arris TG952: Red mala :([Translation-bad network :(]

Arris Arris TG952: Red mala :([Translation-bad network :(]: Arris (Modems/Gateways) Arris TG952: Red mala :([Translation-bad network :(] Hi Naïve, Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand having issues with connection to the network. We recommend...
  4. Arris: IPhone8 & xboxone WiFi interference

Arris: IPhone8 & xboxone WiFi interference: Arris (Modems/Gateways): (SOLVED) IPhone8 & xboxone WiFi interference I FIGURED IT OUT (face palm) when i moved into this new house xfinity said the house was cable&wifi ready, of course that was...
  5. Arris: Xbox1internal network connection

Arris: Xbox1internal network connection: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Xbox1internal network connection Does sound like some ports aren't opening, are you running UPnP? Packet loss bothers me. I have had some wifi adaptors go bad but have...
  6. Arris: Router issues maybe? Weird situation!

Arris: Router issues maybe? Weird situation!: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Router issues maybe? Weird situation! I have the two different Xbox Ones, both say the same thing. Will only work on Ethernet. 52ff3f1c-e8ec-4fb1-a881-19e37048ac09
  7. Arris: Networking Hardware Information?

Arris: Networking Hardware Information?: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Networking Hardware Information? I have the Linksys WRT Gaming WiFi Router I think that it is Optimized for Xbox e32e4d0a-e957-40b2-a089-8d68ea54749b
  8. Arris: Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off?

Arris: Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off?: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off? Hi mike-456, Thanks for replying! Instant-on mode strictly means that your console...
  9. Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type

Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Cannot fix Strict NAT Type Tried that one and 8.8.8.8 but neither worked :( acda9652-d3cd-46e7-94c3-84a229bf4c71
  10. Arris: Firewall

Arris: Firewall: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Firewall Same here. My NAT was on Strick and I didn't know my Firewall was disabled. I enabled it and it set my NAT to open. Thanks! b4aac0b5-1ac5-433d-9bbb-cf416a21409d