Arris: How to switch from IPv4 to IPv6

Discus and support Arris: How to switch from IPv4 to IPv6 in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Arris (Modems/Gateways): How to switch from IPv4 to IPv6 Does your service provider actually offer IPv6? Most every modem and router is capable of... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by xxxANGU1SHxxxxx, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Arris: How to switch from IPv4 to IPv6

Arris (Modems/Gateways): How to switch from IPv4 to IPv6
    Does your service provider actually offer IPv6? Most every modem and router is capable of handling this new protocol, but if your ISP hasn't updated their equipment you won't be able to switch your protocol.

:)

xxxANGU1SHxxxxx, Nov 17, 2016
  2. Comcast: How can I switch from IPv4 to IPv6

Comcast (ISPs): How can I switch from IPv4 to IPv6
    I need to learn how to turn on the IPv6 or switch my IPv4 to IPv6

YOUNG S1N4TRA, Nov 17, 2016
  3. Netgear: Ipv4 to ipv6

Netgear (Routers): Ipv4 to ipv6
    I need help learning how to switch my router from ipv4 to Ipv6 the model number is 7550

Kryptonian2814, Nov 17, 2016
  4. ONEGREATFIRE
    ONEGREATFIRE Guest

Does your service provider actually offer IPv6? Most every modem and router is capable of handling this new protocol, but if your ISP hasn't updated their equipment you won't be able to switch your protocol.

ONEGREATFIRE, Dec 26, 2016
  5. ONEGREATFIRE Win User

6. o0MattE0o Win User

VirginMedia: how do i switch from ipv4 to ipv6?

VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways): how do i switch from ipv4 to ipv6?
    IPv6 support was removed as part of the “upgrade” 🙁
  7. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

How to switch from IPv4 to IPv6?

IPV6 has to be supported by your router and your ISP. IPV6 is already built into Xbox and when it detects it you're set.

Comcast is my ISP and their network supports IPV6.

I have a netgear router that supports IPV6 and it's just a matter of logging in to the router and enabling the IPV6 feature.
  8. StuartATrueRed Win User

Switching to ipv6 from ipv4

Only your internet provider can give you ipv6 if they support it. If they do, then they can help switch it on for you. If you are successful, then your Xbox One should detect it, and automatically use it.
  9. XBF Ruben D Win User

: Switching to ipv6 from ipv4

Hello Fallen Hexic!

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums! I will be happy to assist you today with the issue. As some of our Ambassador's mentioned before, the only way you can check to see if you can go from IPv4 to IPv6 is if you check with your ISP, or Internet
    Service Provider. We do have some information about
    IPv4 and IPv6
    on the Xbox website, which, I would recommend checking out for further assistance. However, I would strongly suggest asking your ISP for more info on your local network and router to see if they support IPv6 and how you can get it.

If you have any further questions feel free to reply back letting us know. Again, thank you for posting on Xbox Forums!
Thema:

1. Arris: How to switch from IPv4 to IPv6 - Similar Threads - Arris switch IPv4

2. Arris: Router issues maybe? Weird situation!

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Arris: Router issues maybe? Weird situation!: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Router issues maybe? Weird situation! I have the two different Xbox Ones, both say the same thing. Will only work on Ethernet. 52ff3f1c-e8ec-4fb1-a881-19e37048ac09
  3. Arris: Networking Hardware Information?

Arris: Networking Hardware Information?: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Networking Hardware Information? I have the Linksys WRT Gaming WiFi Router I think that it is Optimized for Xbox e32e4d0a-e957-40b2-a089-8d68ea54749b
  4. Arris: Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off?

Arris: Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off?: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off? Hi mike-456, Thanks for replying! Instant-on mode strictly means that your console...
  5. Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type

Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Cannot fix Strict NAT Type Tried that one and 8.8.8.8 but neither worked :( acda9652-d3cd-46e7-94c3-84a229bf4c71
  6. Arris Arris DG1670: MY ISP is flawless. Second I play xbox my ping goes through the roof

Arris Arris DG1670: MY ISP is flawless. Second I play xbox my ping goes through the roof: Arris (Modems/Gateways) Arris DG1670: (Arris dg3270) MY ISP is flawless. Second I play xbox my ping goes through the roof Hi Mack, It can get confusing yes. If you are unsure you can call your...
  7. Arris: Arris DG3260 setup

Arris: Arris DG3260 setup: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Arris DG3260 setup Hello Jack, Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. If the gateway/router is through your ISP, you can always call them for assistance....
  8. Arris: Unable to find wireless connections

Arris: Unable to find wireless connections: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Unable to find wireless connections Sorry to hear you are having issues with wireless connections. Here is the Xbox troubleshoot page for this kind of issue. Hope this...
  9. Arris: How can I setup a switch to get muli XBOX ONE's in the same house to play together

Arris: How can I setup a switch to get muli XBOX ONE's in the same house to play together: Arris (Modems/Gateways): How can I setup a switch to get muli XBOX ONE's in the same house to play together (Says Strict NAT) I have an **** 1682 with a Cisco 2702 (enterprise access point)...
  10. Arris: How can I setup a switch to get muli XBOX ONE's in the same house to play together

Arris: How can I setup a switch to get muli XBOX ONE's in the same house to play together: Arris (Modems/Gateways): How can I setup a switch to get muli XBOX ONE's in the same house to play together (Says Strict NAT) I have an **** 1682 with a Cisco 2702 (enterprise access point)...