Arris: IPV6 shows up in router settings, but Xbox is not connecting to it

Discus and support Arris: IPV6 shows up in router settings, but Xbox is not connecting to it in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Arris (Modems/Gateways): IPV6 shows up in router settings, but Xbox is not connecting to it this started around the end of November, I was on IPV6 with... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Mr Yoshi, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Mr Yoshi
    Mr Yoshi Guest

Arris (Modems/Gateways): IPV6 shows up in router settings, but Xbox is not connecting to it
    this started around the end of November, I was on IPV6 with an Open NAT the entire month of November and now I can only connect to IPV4 with a moderate NAT,

Ive tried resetting my modem

I am using AT&T Uverse if that makes a difference, I had a technician out here and he said to check here.

I have the ports open,

And even having Ethernet connected only gives me IPV4 with moderate NAT,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Mr Yoshi, Dec 29, 2016
  2. Switched to Comcast **** all in one router, spotty connections

Think I may have figured it out. The Comcast/Xfinity Arris tg862 modem Primarily uses IPv6. The Xbox always shows as IPv4. If its not broadcasting IPv4 then the xbox cannot connect, like mine isn't. Its to the point where it barely registers there is a signal
    to the router

ravenliesoftly, Dec 29, 2016
  3. XB1R Athena
    XB1R Athena Guest
    XB1R Athena, Dec 29, 2016
  4. ravenliesoftly Win User

Switched to Comcast **** all in one router, spotty connections

Think I may have figured it out. The Comcast/Xfinity Arris tg862 modem Primarily uses IPv6. The Xbox always shows as IPv4. If its not broadcasting IPv4 then the xbox cannot connect, like mine isn't. Its to the point where it barely registers there is a signal
    to the router
  5. that guy12387984 Win User

Arris: Known Issues

6. WorthSkydiver7 Win User

How does Xbox One configure for IPv6

My Router and my computer are showing has IPv6 enabled, but on my Xbox there is no option to connect through a IPv6 connection which is better for gaming.
  7. XBR Poseidon Win User

Cant play multiplayer at all

If you have an arris gateway and are connecting wirelessly it is a known issue. The easiest fix is to use a wired connection. If a wired connection is not available disabling IPv6 in the gateway is another solution.
  8. GoT My GaT Win User

Linksys E4200/Bell Modem Open NAT Issue Xbox One

only one xbox one connected to the router

linksys is up to date and the latest firmware has been installed.

disabled internet anonymous requests filter.

also found out that the router is set for ipv4 and not ipv6 as i remember it used to be in the past.
Thema:

1. Arris: IPV6 shows up in router settings, but Xbox is not connecting to it - Similar Threads - Arris IPV6 shows

2. Arris: Router issues maybe? Weird situation!

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Arris: Router issues maybe? Weird situation!: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Router issues maybe? Weird situation! I have the two different Xbox Ones, both say the same thing. Will only work on Ethernet. 52ff3f1c-e8ec-4fb1-a881-19e37048ac09
  3. Arris: Networking Hardware Information?

Arris: Networking Hardware Information?: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Networking Hardware Information? I have the Linksys WRT Gaming WiFi Router I think that it is Optimized for Xbox e32e4d0a-e957-40b2-a089-8d68ea54749b
  4. Arris: Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off?

Arris: Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off?: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off? Hi mike-456, Thanks for replying! Instant-on mode strictly means that your console...
  5. Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type

Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Cannot fix Strict NAT Type Tried that one and 8.8.8.8 but neither worked :( acda9652-d3cd-46e7-94c3-84a229bf4c71
  6. Arris Arris DG1670: MY ISP is flawless. Second I play xbox my ping goes through the roof

Arris Arris DG1670: MY ISP is flawless. Second I play xbox my ping goes through the roof: Arris (Modems/Gateways) Arris DG1670: (Arris dg3270) MY ISP is flawless. Second I play xbox my ping goes through the roof Hi Mack, It can get confusing yes. If you are unsure you can call your...
  7. Arris: Arris DG3260 setup

Arris: Arris DG3260 setup: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Arris DG3260 setup Hello Jack, Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. If the gateway/router is through your ISP, you can always call them for assistance....
  8. Arris Arris TG1672: How do I enable IPv6

Arris Arris TG1672: How do I enable IPv6: Arris (Modems/Gateways) Arris TG1672: How do I enable IPv6 It actually has to be enabled on your home network settings. This might help you figure it out! IPv6 on Xbox One...
  9. Arris: IPv6

Arris: IPv6: Arris (Modems/Gateways): IPv6 Does this gateway support IPv6 and if so how do I configure it? cce651a9-ca16-4474-9638-0167733babaf
  10. Arris: How to switch from IPv4 to IPv6

Arris: How to switch from IPv4 to IPv6: Arris (Modems/Gateways): How to switch from IPv4 to IPv6 Does your service provider actually offer IPv6? Most every modem and router is capable of handling this new protocol, but if your ISP...