Arris: network speed extreme variance

Discus and support Arris: network speed extreme variance in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Arris (Modems/Gateways): network speed extreme variance I'm having the same issue with my connection when it has always been good in the past. The... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by MonkeyBoots1, Jan 7, 2017.

1. MonkeyBoots1
    MonkeyBoots1 Guest

Arris (Modems/Gateways): network speed extreme variance
    I'm having the same issue with my connection when it has always been good in the past. The connection speeds constantly fluctuate wildly. I've had techs out multiple times and they always say the connection is perfect. I've tried all possible troubleshooting.

ISP: Cox Communications

Modem/Router: Arris TG2472 wired connection

Xbox One S on the Preview Update Program

:)

MonkeyBoots1, Jan 7, 2017
  2. Two Xbox Live Accounts Merged With One Microsoft Email

Hey SpiritualDoor28. Looking into your account, you are actually using two different email address, one for each account. They are extremely similar though. I cannot provide specifics, but think hard about any possible variances..

Mister Ohnaka, Jan 7, 2017
  3. BattleYak
    BattleYak Guest
    start here

Connection test works. It's connected fine. Then I go to multiplayer test and get an error "Can't get Teredo IP address"

Details as to my config.

Cable goes to Arris modem.

Arris modem is set to bridge mode.

Arris modem connected via ethernet to Apple airport extreme, which acts as wifi router for my house.

airport extreme ALSO has an ethernet cable connected directly to the xbox one.

But I'm still getting strict nat.

Plus the "can't get teredo IP" error.

BattleYak, Jan 7, 2017
  4. Arris: network speed extreme variance

I'm having the same issue with my connection when it has always been good in the past. The connection speeds constantly fluctuate wildly. I've had techs out multiple times and they always say the connection is perfect. I've tried all possible troubleshooting.

DoomPenguin X, Jan 31, 2017
  5. DoomPenguin X Win User

6. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Two Xbox Live Accounts Merged With One Microsoft Email

Hey SpiritualDoor28. Looking into your account, you are actually using two different email address, one for each account. They are extremely similar though. I cannot provide specifics, but think hard about any possible variances..
  7. BattleYak Win User

start here

Connection test works. It's connected fine. Then I go to multiplayer test and get an error "Can't get Teredo IP address"

Details as to my config.

Cable goes to Arris modem.

Arris modem is set to bridge mode.

Arris modem connected via ethernet to Apple airport extreme, which acts as wifi router for my house.

airport extreme ALSO has an ethernet cable connected directly to the xbox one.

But I'm still getting strict nat.

Plus the "can't get teredo IP" error.
  8. WMDBIoodHunter Win User

Arris Arris TG862G: No Upload or Download Speed!

Not sure been over a week that it's been down so probably another week? Microsoft don't care that much to fix it fast we're not the top priority for them right now. :/
  9. {Parity} Win User

Questions about updating games on xbox one

The fluctuation in speeds is normal. Your internet circuit is relative slow and anything else happening on your network or the servers can impact your actual speeds. It is extremely rare to get your full bandwidth when downloading anything.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!
Thema:

1. Arris: network speed extreme variance - Similar Threads - Arris network speed

2. Arris: Router issues maybe? Weird situation!

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Arris: Router issues maybe? Weird situation!: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Router issues maybe? Weird situation! I have the two different Xbox Ones, both say the same thing. Will only work on Ethernet. 52ff3f1c-e8ec-4fb1-a881-19e37048ac09
  3. Arris: Networking Hardware Information?

Arris: Networking Hardware Information?: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Networking Hardware Information? I have the Linksys WRT Gaming WiFi Router I think that it is Optimized for Xbox e32e4d0a-e957-40b2-a089-8d68ea54749b
  4. Arris: Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off?

Arris: Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off?: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off? Hi mike-456, Thanks for replying! Instant-on mode strictly means that your console...
  5. Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type

Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Cannot fix Strict NAT Type Tried that one and 8.8.8.8 but neither worked :( acda9652-d3cd-46e7-94c3-84a229bf4c71
  6. Arris Arris DG1670: MY ISP is flawless. Second I play xbox my ping goes through the roof

Arris Arris DG1670: MY ISP is flawless. Second I play xbox my ping goes through the roof: Arris (Modems/Gateways) Arris DG1670: (Arris dg3270) MY ISP is flawless. Second I play xbox my ping goes through the roof Hi Mack, It can get confusing yes. If you are unsure you can call your...
  7. Arris: Arris DG3260 setup

Arris: Arris DG3260 setup: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Arris DG3260 setup Hello Jack, Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. If the gateway/router is through your ISP, you can always call them for assistance....
  8. Arris: Unable to find wireless connections

Arris: Unable to find wireless connections: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Unable to find wireless connections Sorry to hear you are having issues with wireless connections. Here is the Xbox troubleshoot page for this kind of issue. Hope this...
  9. Arris Arris DG1670: Xbox one won't detect any wireless connections

Arris Arris DG1670: Xbox one won't detect any wireless connections: Arris (Modems/Gateways) Arris DG1670: Xbox one won't detect any wireless connections Hi QEmpire, try the following this article:...
  10. Arris: nat type

Arris: nat type: Arris (Modems/Gateways): nat type Hi SquareAcorn824, Thanks for reaching out to us today. If you're receiving a NAT warning when you connect to Xbox Live, see the Xbox One Multiplayer Game...