Arris: Port Forwarding

Discus and support Arris: Port Forwarding in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Arris (Modems/Gateways): Port Forwarding will this allow for open NAT with the DG1670? e8fe328b-26d3-4a93-8151-702298f32099 Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by XB1R Hades, Aug 29, 2014.

1. XB1R Hades
    XB1R Hades Guest

Arris (Modems/Gateways): Port Forwarding
    will this allow for open NAT with the DG1670?

:)

XB1R Hades, Aug 29, 2014
  2. XB1R Apollo
    XB1R Apollo Guest

Login Information

• Gateway - 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1
    • Username - admin or technician
    • Password - password or WOWpass

Port Forwarding

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Enter http://192.168.0.1 or
      http://10.0.0.1 in the address bar. (Or click one of the links)
    3. Enter the username and password if the gateway asks. (admin/password, technician/WOWpass)
    4. From the menu on the top select Wireless.
    5. From the submenu on the top select Firewall.
    6. From the menu on the left select Virtual Servers.
    7. Select Add.
    8. In the following screen enter Xbox for Description.
    9. For the Inbound Port enter 3074 to 3074.
    10. In the Format drop-down select Both.
    11. Enter the IP Address assigned to the Xbox console in Private IP Address.
    12. For the Local Port enter 3074 to 3074.
    13. Select Add Virtual Server.

Disable Port Forwarding

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Enter http://192.168.0.1 or
      http://10.0.0.1 in the address bar. (Or click one of the links)
    3. Enter the username and password if the gateway asks. (admin/password, technician/WOWpass)
    4. From the menu on the top select Wireless.
    5. From the submenu on the top select Firewall.
    6. From the menu on the left select Virtual Servers.
    7. Select the port you would like to remove.
    8. Select Delete.

XB1R Apollo, Aug 29, 2014
  3. XB1R Athena
    XB1R Athena Guest

Login Information

• Gateway - 192.168.2.1
    • Username - N/A (None)
    • Password - N/A (None)

Port Forwarding

1. Open web browser.
    2. In the address bar at the top, type in 192.168.2.1.
    3. Click login in the upper right.
    4. Input password and click login. (default password is to leave field blank)
    5. Select Firewall from the menu on the left.
    6. Select Virtual Servers from the submenu on the left.
    7. On the first available row click enable.
    8. Under Description, enter in Xbox360.
    9. Under Inbound Port, enter in 3074 for both fields.
    10. Under Type, set it to both.
    11. Under Private IP Address, enter in the last octet of the IP address of the Xbox.
    12. Under Private Port, enter in 3074 for both fields.
    13. Select Save
    Disable Port Forwarding

1. Open web browser.
    2. In the address bar at the top, type in 192.168.2.1.
    3. Click login in the upper right.
    4. Input password and click login. (default password is to leave field blank)
    5. Select Firewall from the menu on the left.
    6. Select Virtual Servers from the submenu on the left.
    7. Uncheck the Enable box on the ports you want to remove.
    8. Select Save.

XB1R Athena, Aug 29, 2014
  4. Arris: Port Forwarding

DropDeadArtemus, Dec 2, 2015
  5. Jett Ax Win User

I have found 2 different articles about port forwarding and Xbox 360. One is the Xbox 360 have ports forwarded for just Xbox 360, and another to have ports forwarded for the game specific (i.e.Modern Warfare 2). Is there such a thing as having too many ports
    forwarded? The value range with the above mentioned articles overlap on some of the port numbers.
  6. EricSchaefer Win User

I really need some help here, Ive scoured across the internet for the answer but have found literally nothing regarding the IPv6 option under the IPv4 option. Even screenshots from the exact same page are missing the field to enter the IPv6 option. Keep
    in mind i'm using a Mac and cannot simply type in the command line to find the info. I really have no *** clue what to do. Im just trying to get my NAT type to be Open instead of Moderate. Someone please help. It would be much appreciated.
    Just leave it blank, it is not necessary.
  7. D34DW8 Win User

Thanks for the info, wasn't sure about the "local port" appricate ya!
  8. DropDeadArtemus Win User

9. jmcode Win User

NAT Issues Using Gateway and Router

There is some indication that a TW tech can put the Arris in bridge mode or that you can do it yourself by logging in immediately after resetting it to defaults:

www.dslreports.com/.../r27274883-TWC-Does-anyone-else-have-an-Arris-DG860a-modem-

Alternatively, see if TW will provide a modem only or buy your own (cheaper than leasing in long run and gives you more control). Failing that, assuming you can configure port forwarding, DMZ, etc. on the Arris, you have a couple options. First, with the
    Arris connected to the WAN port of the N900, you could try putting the WAN IP of your N900 (this should be a private IP received from the Arris over DHCP) in the DMZ on the Arris (delete any other forwards on the Arris). Do all port forwarding and DHCP as
    usual on the N900. Or, second, you should be able to use the N900 as just a switch + wireless access point (bypass NAT routing) by disabling DHCP on the N900 and connecting the Arris to a LAN port on the N900 rather than to the WAN port. All NAT, port forwarding,
    and DHCP would then be provided by the Arris.

Personally, I would just get a modem only, such as the Motorola 6141 (if supported by TW).
Thema:

1. Arris: Port Forwarding - Similar Threads - Arris Port Forwarding

2. Arris: Router issues maybe? Weird situation!

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Arris: Router issues maybe? Weird situation!: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Router issues maybe? Weird situation! I have the two different Xbox Ones, both say the same thing. Will only work on Ethernet. 52ff3f1c-e8ec-4fb1-a881-19e37048ac09
  3. Arris: Networking Hardware Information?

Arris: Networking Hardware Information?: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Networking Hardware Information? I have the Linksys WRT Gaming WiFi Router I think that it is Optimized for Xbox e32e4d0a-e957-40b2-a089-8d68ea54749b
  4. Arris: Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off?

Arris: Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off?: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Why does my xbox console continue to use the wifi long after i turned the console off? Hi mike-456, Thanks for replying! Instant-on mode strictly means that your console...
  5. Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type

Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Cannot fix Strict NAT Type Tried that one and 8.8.8.8 but neither worked :( acda9652-d3cd-46e7-94c3-84a229bf4c71
  6. Arris Arris DG1670: MY ISP is flawless. Second I play xbox my ping goes through the roof

Arris Arris DG1670: MY ISP is flawless. Second I play xbox my ping goes through the roof: Arris (Modems/Gateways) Arris DG1670: (Arris dg3270) MY ISP is flawless. Second I play xbox my ping goes through the roof Hi Mack, It can get confusing yes. If you are unsure you can call your...
  7. Arris: Arris DG3260 setup

Arris: Arris DG3260 setup: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Arris DG3260 setup Hello Jack, Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. If the gateway/router is through your ISP, you can always call them for assistance....
  8. Arris: Unable to find wireless connections

Arris: Unable to find wireless connections: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Unable to find wireless connections Sorry to hear you are having issues with wireless connections. Here is the Xbox troubleshoot page for this kind of issue. Hope this...
  9. Arris: Having issues finding port forwarding ranges for Xbox Live ports

Arris: Having issues finding port forwarding ranges for Xbox Live ports: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Having issues finding port forwarding ranges for Xbox Live ports 3544 - UDP 53 - UDP and TCP 3074 - UDP and TCP Xbox One Network Ports | Xbox Live Network Ports...
  10. Arris: Port Forwarding

Arris: Port Forwarding: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Port Forwarding I have found 2 different articles about port forwarding and Xbox 360. One is the Xbox 360 have ports forwarded for just Xbox 360, and another to have ports...