Aspect ratio is not correct (Android)

Discus and support Aspect ratio is not correct (Android) in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hi there, if i start the xbox game pass app on my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE the aspect ratio is not correct. I just see 2/3 of the display. Xbox Game pass... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Pocketsven, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Pocketsven
    Pocketsven Guest

Hi there,

if i start the xbox game pass app on my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE the aspect ratio is not correct. I just see 2/3 of the display. Xbox Game pass app removed und newly installed. Same problem. Any ideas? I think the app thinks i use my 10.1 tablet...

:)

Pocketsven, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Jurgen1488 Win User

Problem with display

On the TV remote control, find the SCREEN or Aspect or Aspect Ratio button. And set the correct screen resolution.

Mostly, this button is marked with a screen image and four arrows to the sides.
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Aspect ratio

Hi, that is usually caused by something called overscan on the Tv, try looking for some overscan option in the Tv picture settings.

If you're struggling please post the make and model of the Tv and I'll try to find more info, be aware that not all Tv's have this overscan option so you may be stuck with the cut off screen.
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Aspect ratio

You could try changing that to HDMI, it can sometimes help. If you lose the display totally then you would need to reset the display settings.

support.xbox.com/.../tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

Before going that route though, have you tried all the available HDMI port on the Tv ? If not then try a different port.
  5. WerferAkrobat Win User

Aspect ratio

I'm from Austria and my TV is from a local store. Not sure if you will find something about it (OK. ODL 32150-B LED TV)
  6. schnurren Win User

Aspect Ratio

Hello Bigdawg153,

By wide do you mean 16:9? That should be good enough for your Xbox One.

Question, this question is for your Xbox or a question with your TV?
Thema:

1. Aspect ratio is not correct (Android) - Similar Threads - Aspect ratio correct

2. Future 21:9 aspect ratio support for Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Future 21:9 aspect ratio support for Xbox Series X: Hey, Bit of an off field one but does anyone at Xbox have any idea if native 21:9 aspect ratio will be supported in the future for ultrawide monitors. I have the Samsung Odyssey G95 and would...
  3. Xbox Forces my Aspect Ratio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Forces my Aspect Ratio: SOLVED: Just check all your menu settings, my issue was caused by a hidden setting. I have followed several guides online to change my aspect ratio for my games to fully fit onto my TV. I have...
  4. Aspect ratio on Prime Video keeps changing constantly

in XboX Insiders
    Aspect ratio on Prime Video keeps changing constantly: I was trying to watch a show on Prime Video but huge black bars keep appearing on the sides of the screen as well as the top, seemingly randomly, throughout a show. Sometimes both the top, bottom...
  5. Xbox Video Capture's Aspect Ratio is not functioning as hoped while recording.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Video Capture's Aspect Ratio is not functioning as hoped while recording.: When I capture gameplay of Dead By Daylight the aspect ratio of the final video product is bugged and converts the usual aspect ratio with a smaller version of what I want. I could not find...
  6. Xbox series S/X support 21:9 aspect ratio?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S/X support 21:9 aspect ratio?: Dear, microsoft, Can you confirm or deny the support for 21:9 aspect ratio in the new xbox series consoles. I choose between X and S for correct performance. Since I have a 3440x1440 monitor, it...
  7. Will Xbox Series X support 3D games and 235:1 aspect ratio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Xbox Series X support 3D games and 235:1 aspect ratio: Question 1: Will there be any 3D games? Question 2: Will there be support for 235:1 aspect ratio? 462eab18-c82b-4761-9765-ea6defe9e10c
  8. Why is there no display aspect ratio controls?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is there no display aspect ratio controls?: I remembered the Xbox Prime (for lack of a better word, because you turn the word "One" into the name of the third Xbox system) and the Xbox 360 had a simple ratio choice: what is the ratio of...
  9. : Aspect Ratio

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Aspect Ratio: : Aspect Ratio Have you already consulted the manual for the tv. Here is a link to a copy https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1215207/Emerson-Ltdn42v68us.html?page=2#manual...
  10. Hdmi aspect ratio pioneer pdp4214HD one setting xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi aspect ratio pioneer pdp4214HD one setting xbox one: Hey there, so I have the aforementioned pioneer 42" plasma and the left and right side of the screen are cut off. This TV was sold at Costco, I think with a direct TV bundle because of the "DTV"...