Aspect Ratio randomly changes

Discus and support Aspect Ratio randomly changes in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since I purchased the Xbox One I have had my Digital Cable through Time Warner hooked up through my xbox one and I have had no issues. Yesterday... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Blaster249, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Blaster249
    Blaster249 Guest

Since I purchased the Xbox One I have had my Digital Cable through Time Warner hooked up through my xbox one and I have had no issues. Yesterday something happened while watching a movie on TV. I lost sound and the aspect ratio on my cable box kept switching
    between 1080i and 480 every 30 seconds. With every switch the image would freeze so watching TV became impossible. I was able to watch netflix and play games with no issues so I assumed it was the cable box and called Time Warner.

A tech visited this morning and after working through a number of solutions we found that the cable box works fine when hooked directly to the TV, and the xbox one works fine by itself. I dont know what suddenly happened after a year of enjoying the tv going
    through the xbox but something changed. Has any one else had this issue? Any solutions?

:)

Blaster249, Dec 21, 2014
  2. Dibils
    Dibils Guest
    TV display Settings & Skyrim Brightness.

@Wycked: i am pretty sure you can change your aspect ratio after going into game mode. so look for the aspect ratio option in game mode.

Dibils, Dec 21, 2014
  3. Aspect Ratio Automatically Changes

I dont' watch it 20 hours myself.....I'm just saying it often runs when no one is in the room and I have 6 people living in my house.....someone is watching it or nearby around 12-15 hours per day (realistically)

Feral Boar 66, Dec 21, 2014
  4. JSewash
    JSewash Guest

I have had the same problem with TWC using Scientific Atlanta box and 1080i (insert eye roll) plasma tv. I have checked/verified the signal strength with TWC over phone and swapped out cable boxes. Similar to Blaster249, cable box direct to TV HDMI works
    fine. Patching through XBO causes no audio, video for 3-4 seconds, then aspect/ratio shifts for ~10 seconds, then the cycle repeats.

In same timeframe, have also had issues with connecting to XBO using SmartGlass on Surface Pro 3. Error code 0x80060001 is given by SmartGlass application, but error isn't found in error code look up database. For whatever its worth, also have AC unity
    and Halo:MCC installed. Everything was working smoothly before patchfest from both titles.

JSewash, Dec 24, 2014
  5. JSewash Win User

I have had the same problem with TWC using Scientific Atlanta box and 1080i (insert eye roll) plasma tv. I have checked/verified the signal strength with TWC over phone and swapped out cable boxes. Similar to Blaster249, cable box direct to TV HDMI works
    fine. Patching through XBO causes no audio, video for 3-4 seconds, then aspect/ratio shifts for ~10 seconds, then the cycle repeats.

In same timeframe, have also had issues with connecting to XBO using SmartGlass on Surface Pro 3. Error code 0x80060001 is given by SmartGlass application, but error isn't found in error code look up database. For whatever its worth, also have AC unity
    and Halo:MCC installed. Everything was working smoothly before patchfest from both titles.
  6. Dibils Win User

TV display Settings & Skyrim Brightness.

@Wycked: i am pretty sure you can change your aspect ratio after going into game mode. so look for the aspect ratio option in game mode.
  7. Ishapian Win User

new update on neflix not allowing me to rewind or fast-forward

How do you change 5ye aspect ratio.
  8. SandM1tch Win User

Aspect ratio changing by itself....

[quote user="Carl M 85"]

It was the aspect on my TV it was set to 'auto' i set it at 16:9 an it all seems to be staying as it should now, thanks.

[/quote]

Interesting... But cool.
  9. azerpa-54B5465D-42E2 Win User

Aspect Ratio Automatically Changes

While watching TV:

1-Press the menu button (old start button)

2-Scroll down to the "Display Mode"

3-Toggle the selected mode by pressing the 'A' button

4-Stop on Native

5-Press 'B' to resume watching TV
Thema:

1. Aspect Ratio randomly changes - Similar Threads - Aspect Ratio randomly

2. : Aspect Ratio

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Aspect Ratio: : Aspect Ratio Have you already consulted the manual for the tv. Here is a link to a copy https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1215207/Emerson-Ltdn42v68us.html?page=2#manual...
  3. Hdmi aspect ratio pioneer pdp4214HD one setting xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi aspect ratio pioneer pdp4214HD one setting xbox one: Hey there, so I have the aforementioned pioneer 42" plasma and the left and right side of the screen are cut off. This TV was sold at Costco, I think with a direct TV bundle because of the "DTV"...
  4. OneGuide changes aspect ratio when changing channels

in XBoX on Consoles
    OneGuide changes aspect ratio when changing channels: Just got my Xbox One X back from service for the black screen of death. All is good except one thing: The aspect ratio gets zoomed in after changing channels in OneGuide When the system boots up...
  5. Aspect Ratio Incorrect When Streaming

in XBoX on Windows
    Aspect Ratio Incorrect When Streaming: I am using the Xbox App to stream my Xbox One to my Windows 10 machine. I have been doing this for a long time, but I somehow did something that now causes it to display stretched (horizontally)...
  6. Changing Aspect Ratio and/or Resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Aspect Ratio and/or Resolution: I have an LG 34UM68-P 34-Inch 21:9 UltraWide Monitor and the aspect ratio of the monitor is 21:9 and the resolution is 2560x1080 and when I use my xbox one it seems stretch out. Is there any way...
  7. Can't adjust the aspect ratio for my TV, picture is too large

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't adjust the aspect ratio for my TV, picture is too large: My TV model is a Sony Bravia KDL-37M3000. It looks as if the picture is zoomed in a little. This is especially noticeable on YouTube or a game that uses the edges for the HUD. When I look in the...
  8. How to Force 16:9 Aspect Ratio on 16:10 Monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Force 16:9 Aspect Ratio on 16:10 Monitor?: I have my Xbox One connected to a 16:10 1200p PC Monitor. The monitor doesn't have scaling options and stretches the Xbox's 16:9 1080p output to fit 1200p. Xbox One Output: [img] Desired:...
  9. Maximum Supported Screen Resolution For Locally Stored Video (16:9 Aspect Screen Ratio)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Maximum Supported Screen Resolution For Locally Stored Video (16:9 Aspect Screen Ratio): While not really HARDWARE related, this (Likely N00b) question is related to VIDEO itself (Given the forum layout, this appeared to be the most appropriate place I could find) But what I'm...
  10. Aspect ratio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Aspect ratio: Is the a way to change the aspect ratio on the console? in apps like twitch and games like the bf1 beta the borders are cut of for me. i know there is somthing calles calibrate hdtv but it only...