Aspect Ratio

Discus and support Aspect Ratio in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When will Netflix add back the ability to change the screen aspect ratio size? It was there on xbox 360 but not on the xbox one. Thanks... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bobenhaus, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Bobenhaus
    Bobenhaus Guest

Aspect Ratio

When will Netflix add back the ability to change the screen aspect ratio size? It was there on xbox 360 but not on the xbox one. Thanks

:)

Bobenhaus, Jun 6, 2014
  2. Aspect ratio?

I have been looking up aspect ratio problems since I got my xbox one last week.

The only conclusion I have come to is that the aspect ratio setting on xbox one are incredibly lacking. I'm missing a small portion of screen on the top and bottom and a larger portion on the left and right.

My research had lead me to find that this had been an issue for a lot of people since launch and had yet to be resolved or even mentioned by Microsoft. This is a rather large issue that effects the fundamental appearance of the UI as a whole and should have
    been dealt with by now.

Excuse me if this has been fixed, but my xbox software is all up to date.

My television has no setting to alter this. I've been through everything. If I change to do through the xbox one the only added option I get is 640x480 which is useless.

This is an issue effecting a lot of people that can only be resolved in a patch for the system. Not everyone's televisions have these options.

TheodoreTweeder, Jun 6, 2014
  3. Aspect Ratio

Here is what going on my sons TV 32" Insignia and his Xbox Ones aspect ratio are linked together literally the Tv is changing the Xbox ones settings and the Xbox One is changing the TVs settings. The two are connected via the HDMI cable. After setting up
    the Tv option in the Xbox One the picture and sound came threw with no problem but the aspect ratio wasn't correct the picture was not filling the TV screen, at this point I went into the TVs menu and changed the video setting form normal to cinema. Now the
    video fills the screen of the TV but when I go to the home screen of the Xbox One the video screen is to big I can't see all the menu Items so I now go into the Xbox Ones settings and change the HDMI setting to 1080i ok the screen is normal, but when I switch
    back to the TV on the Xbox One the Screen Is small again HUH? So now I go back into the TVs menu and notice that the Xbox One has changed the setting on the TV from Cinema back to Normal (After doing this several times is when I noticed that one was changing
    the other) How is this possible? I even tried disconnecting the Xbox and setting the TV alone but once connected again they seem to vert back to the same state. Can some one help or is this a bug awaiting a fix?

KIRANkiller43, Jun 6, 2014
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Aspect ratio

Hi, that is usually caused by something called overscan on the Tv, try looking for some overscan option in the Tv picture settings.

If you're struggling please post the make and model of the Tv and I'll try to find more info, be aware that not all Tv's have this overscan option so you may be stuck with the cut off screen.
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Aspect ratio

You could try changing that to HDMI, it can sometimes help. If you lose the display totally then you would need to reset the display settings.

support.xbox.com/.../tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

Before going that route though, have you tried all the available HDMI port on the Tv ? If not then try a different port.
  6. WerferAkrobat Win User

Aspect ratio

I'm from Austria and my TV is from a local store. Not sure if you will find something about it (OK. ODL 32150-B LED TV)
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Aspect ratio

Hi, it doesn't look like there is a setting you can change on the Tv, I take it you already tried all the possible picture option on the Tv?

Although this isn't xbox specific I did find this link regarding overscan and your Tv.

www.phoronix.com/.../49127-overscan-underscan-problem-with-ok-odl-32150-b-tv-on-hd6870

If you Tv accepts firmware updates I would also suggest checking if there is a new firmware as they often add new features with updates.
  8. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Aspect ratio

In your Xbox display advanced settings do you have the HDMI option set to Auto-detect or HDMI ?
Thema:

Aspect Ratio

1. Aspect Ratio - Similar Threads - Aspect Ratio

2. Hdmi aspect ratio pioneer pdp4214HD one setting xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi aspect ratio pioneer pdp4214HD one setting xbox one: Hey there, so I have the aforementioned pioneer 42" plasma and the left and right side of the screen are cut off. This TV was sold at Costco, I think with a direct TV bundle because of the "DTV"...
  3. OneGuide changes aspect ratio when changing channels

in XBoX on Consoles
    OneGuide changes aspect ratio when changing channels: Just got my Xbox One X back from service for the black screen of death. All is good except one thing: The aspect ratio gets zoomed in after changing channels in OneGuide When the system boots up...
  4. Aspect Ratio Incorrect When Streaming

in XBoX on Windows
    Aspect Ratio Incorrect When Streaming: I am using the Xbox App to stream my Xbox One to my Windows 10 machine. I have been doing this for a long time, but I somehow did something that now causes it to display stretched (horizontally)...
  5. Changing Aspect Ratio and/or Resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Aspect Ratio and/or Resolution: I have an LG 34UM68-P 34-Inch 21:9 UltraWide Monitor and the aspect ratio of the monitor is 21:9 and the resolution is 2560x1080 and when I use my xbox one it seems stretch out. Is there any way...
  6. Can't adjust the aspect ratio for my TV, picture is too large

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't adjust the aspect ratio for my TV, picture is too large: My TV model is a Sony Bravia KDL-37M3000. It looks as if the picture is zoomed in a little. This is especially noticeable on YouTube or a game that uses the edges for the HUD. When I look in the...
  7. How to Force 16:9 Aspect Ratio on 16:10 Monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Force 16:9 Aspect Ratio on 16:10 Monitor?: I have my Xbox One connected to a 16:10 1200p PC Monitor. The monitor doesn't have scaling options and stretches the Xbox's 16:9 1080p output to fit 1200p. Xbox One Output: [img] Desired:...
  8. Maximum Supported Screen Resolution For Locally Stored Video (16:9 Aspect Screen Ratio)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Maximum Supported Screen Resolution For Locally Stored Video (16:9 Aspect Screen Ratio): While not really HARDWARE related, this (Likely N00b) question is related to VIDEO itself (Given the forum layout, this appeared to be the most appropriate place I could find) But what I'm...
  9. Aspect ratio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Aspect ratio: Is the a way to change the aspect ratio on the console? in apps like twitch and games like the bf1 beta the borders are cut of for me. i know there is somthing calles calibrate hdtv but it only...
  10. Screen ratio/aspect. HDMI cables messed up my screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen ratio/aspect. HDMI cables messed up my screen: I had this same problem with the 360. When I use HDMI cables it makes the screen slightly squished together and when I used regular cables it was perfect. Now on the X1 I can't use regular cables...