Assistants not working

Discus and support Assistants not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, The Google assistant and cortana app no longer work for my Xbox. The cortana app was working before the public release of the Google assistant... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Archersaurus22, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Assistants not working

Hello,

The Google assistant and cortana app no longer work for my Xbox. The cortana app was working before the public release of the Google assistant and the Google app was working when it was in the insider preview. But now both say they can't connect to my Xbox.
    I've tried a hard restart, unselected the enable assistants option in settings and reselecting it, as well as removing and re-adding in cortana and Google.

Thanks for any help.

:)

Archersaurus22, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Archersaurus22 Win User

Assistants not working

Unfortunately there are no posts in that Google group.

I have also tried a power cycle after reselecting the assistant option in settings.
  3. XBA_Hype Win User

Assistants not working

since re selecting the appropriate boxes have you tried a power cycle on your console? if not could you please do so and see if it fixes it for you - power
    cycle
  4. Suicidal Groove Win User

Assistants not working

5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Assistants not working

Cortana is no longer available on Xbox One consoles. This means you won’t be able to issue voice commands to Cortana using your headset or Kinect.

Check Where is Cortana support for further details.
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Assistants not working

Have you checked in
    the Google Group
    to see if others are having an issue or if they've found a solution?
Thema:

Assistants not working

1. Assistants not working - Similar Threads - Assistants working

2. Google Assistant - More Commands?

in XboX Insiders
    Google Assistant - More Commands?: Just set up my Google home with my Xbox and I'm quite disappointed with the cut the list of commands took. Cortana, Kinect, and Alexa all had an extensive list of commands, sad to see Google...
  3. Linking Google assistant with Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Linking Google assistant with Xbox: I set up Google assistant with my Xbox and it is linked but it wasn't added to my device and when I try to use it, nothing happened and/or it took me to somewhere else submitted by /u/WaxyXD...
  4. November 2019 Xbox One Update Brings Xbox Action for the Google Assistant, Gamertag...

in XBoX on Consoles
    November 2019 Xbox One Update Brings Xbox Action for the Google Assistant, Gamertag...: Nice, Thanks for the patch notes for the console :) 1aac8103-5ce0-4930-83e1-0228707afc43
  5. Xbox connecting to google assistant

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox connecting to google assistant: So i open the google companion app and click add. When i click xbox and log in, it will just say return to app or just tell me to login again. Anyone got solutions....
  6. My google assistant wont launch my games.

in XboX Insiders
    My google assistant wont launch my games.: When I tell google to launch a game and I already have it installed ex. Fortnite it just takes me to the store and doesnt actually launch the game. How do I fix this? submitted by...
  7. Xbox for Google Assistant is released; Open Beta ending

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox for Google Assistant is released; Open Beta ending: From the whole team working on integrating Xbox with Google Assistant, THANK YOU to everyone in the Insider community for your continued testing and support! The Xbox for Google Assistant Open...
  8. Game Refund Request Links via Virtual Assistant Do Not Work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Refund Request Links via Virtual Assistant Do Not Work: Hi all, I'm having difficulty in accessing the Request Refund form on any links or virtual assistant links that are provided - they all seem to link to the 'Add Family Member' page and not the...
  9. Xbox assist for games not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox assist for games not working: I have a problem with this app. Whenever I select help from games that use xbox assist, that menu for xbox assist is usually frozen or unresponsive. Is there any way to fix this?...
  10. I have reference number 1368028379 for support in builders pack not working. Can you assist?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have reference number 1368028379 for support in builders pack not working. Can you assist?: I spoke to support and they provided a reference number for the chat explaining my problem not being able to use the packs downloaded from the builders pack 47c72417-b94f-4885-8c9a-93b833dc0c08