Astro A40 Mic Not Working

Discus and support Astro A40 Mic Not Working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Headset- Astro A40 2014 version w/mix amp. Problem- At first my headset was working fine, i could hear people talk, they could hear me talk, and of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TBP I YAWN, Jun 8, 2014.

1. TBP I YAWN
    TBP I YAWN Guest

Headset- Astro A40 2014 version w/mix amp.

Problem- At first my headset was working fine, i could hear people talk, they could hear me talk, and of course with the a40's i had amazing game audio. But for the past 3 weeks every time i turn on my xbox to play, i will be able to hear
    people talk, but they wont hear me. So every day when i got on xbox i would have to unplug the console from the power box, wait 10 seconds, then plug it in, and for some reason it would work after i did that every day. But now, the only way my mic works is
    literally if i put it in my mouth and scream, and then my friends still can barely hear me. I did the most recent update for the controller today, and tried to unplug the xbox as usual, but no luck.

Im wondering if anyone else is having this problem, and if anyone has fixed it. Controller is up to date, a40s up to date, mix amp up to date, all firmware is up to date. Ive been very patient with this console, as i have a day one version and have had problems
    since the release. But i have over $1000 in gaming gear and it does not work correctly..

Anyways please let me know if there is a way to fix this, thanks.

:)

TBP I YAWN, Jun 8, 2014
  2. XBOX ONE Stereo Headset Static Problem....

Astro A40's same issue here...!!! I really hope this gets fixed soon i guess back to the kinect mic?

l C y P h 3 R l, Jun 8, 2014
  3. havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Guest
    Xbox stereo headset mic suddenly stopped working mid conversation

So I bought a new adapter and the official xbox stereo headset still wouldn't work but the astro a40's did for a few days, then tonight same exact thing. Mid conversation the mic stopped working. Where's my support, xbox?

havalinaaa, Jun 8, 2014
  4. DK KaOTiK
    DK KaOTiK Guest

I run the A40s and yet to have Mic issues. My only issue Ive seen so far is when the latest updated was released now sometimes I can not here people speaking or cuts in and out. Also I unhooked my Kinect since the new June updated is out and supposedly no
    longer needed but then I lost everything when using A40s....(Sounds,Mic)

DK KaOTiK, Jun 9, 2014
  5. Update your mixamp to the previous firmware thats what i did when i purchased my astro's and have no issues at all also turn the mic off on the kinect. I hope this will solve your issue.

Rickmann-ABEB7476-3278-4968-B507-9DCE2FB12F0B, Jun 9, 2014
  6. TBP I YAWN
    TBP I YAWN Guest
    The last mixamp is over a year old, i have the 2014 version of the headset/mixamp, but i did try to download the firmware[was up to date already]. But i will try to disconnect my kinetc/turn them mic off on it, ill let you all know if it helps thank you.

TBP I YAWN, Jun 10, 2014
  7. DK KaOTiK
    DK KaOTiK Guest
    Non of the Updates work and I've tried everything from Reload and Reformatting. Still nobody can hear me nor can I have anyone else.....so tried of this crap and about to just box it up and sell it

DK KaOTiK, Jun 16, 2014
  8. Astro A40 Mic Not Working

Im assumed that its just my mic and was going to exchange it. But after reading this I am not too happy seeing as I just purchased the A40 after returning to A50s.

None the less I am going to exchange the mic only. Il keep you guys posted...

xI JediMind Ix, Sep 5, 2014
  9. justSammi
    justSammi Guest
    I was having this same issue a few minutes ago and after unplugging and replugging everything I noticed I had pushed the mute switch a tad down and that seems to have muted my mic. I honestly would have never thought to look at it but I saw the slight orange
    strip.

justSammi, Oct 31, 2018
  10. ish lish
    ish lish New Member
    Thanks

ish lish, Nov 23, 2021
  11. N7 Gh0stz Win User

Turtle Beach Earforce Stealth 500X

all i can say is make sure you update them before using them also if you want the best then go with ASTRO i use ASTRO A40's got them in 2011 and work fine im getting the new GEN 2 astro a40's next week they say they work for ps4 but they work fine with xbox
    one you just need a mic cable and chat adaptor the mic cable is £6you can also get wireless astros which are the a50's also if you dont care for 5.1 or 7.1 then the astro a40's built for xbox one and the mix amp is on the controller they are £170 and stereo
  12. mpowers96 Win User

Microphone Sensitivity

I have astro a40’s not the stock xbox mic
  13. Colby Stark Win User

Stereo Adapter Mic Monitoring Support

Half of us can't even get our mics to work at all with the adapter like me with the astro a40s. Consider yourself lucky
  14. xI JediMind Ix Win User

Im assumed that its just my mic and was going to exchange it. But after reading this I am not too happy seeing as I just purchased the A40 after returning to A50s.

None the less I am going to exchange the mic only. Il keep you guys posted...
  15. justSammi Win User

I was having this same issue a few minutes ago and after unplugging and replugging everything I noticed I had pushed the mute switch a tad down and that seems to have muted my mic. I honestly would have never thought to look at it but I saw the slight orange
    strip.
Thema:

1. Astro A40 Mic Not Working - Similar Threads - Astro A40 Mic

2. Astro a40 + mixamp pro

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro a40 + mixamp pro: I have plug it all in and the audio is working but when i try to talk in a party my mic doesn't work 70d5109f-7837-4b90-8930-8d12c194a19e
  3. Really Microsoft? No optical port? (From an irate Astro A40s owner)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Really Microsoft? No optical port? (From an irate Astro A40s owner): Every time you release a new system, you scream “We dont really care about you. Just buy our ****.” What was it during the XBox One launch? Required internet connection and inability to play used...
  4. Astro a40 headset will not assign to controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro a40 headset will not assign to controller: I have bought a new Astro A40 i updated the firmware on it and when i plug it in the XBOX teads it but will not allow me to connect it to any profiles [img] 27ccd3bb-e55f-4735-b6eb-5883da1daacd
  5. Astro A40+ mixamp Pro: cannot hear others.

in XboX Insiders
    Astro A40+ mixamp Pro: cannot hear others.: So at first when I got this set up I was having the opposite issue where it wouldn’t assign so I couldn’t use the mic. Once I found out I needed to update the headset to get it to assign the new...
  6. Astro a40 + mix amp will not assign to profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro a40 + mix amp will not assign to profile: I have had the astro a40 headset + mix amp pro for a while now and have never been able to use it. I had an xbox one s previosly and it would not work. I purchased an xbox series x and the mix amp...
  7. Why is my astro a40 mic not working with no mixamp.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my astro a40 mic not working with no mixamp.: I got the astro a40s for christmas but I don't know how to fix the mic with no mixamp on xbox with no pc 94dac18a-95a9-4eac-8866-ed9b3aa18c79
  8. Astro A40s Not working properly with Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A40s Not working properly with Series X: So I have xbox series X, I full uodated my Astro A40s with Tr Mix amp no problem and plugged them in and away we went.. However the sound quality was poor... So I went to settings, and tried to...
  9. Astro A40 mic and game chat problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A40 mic and game chat problem: My friend and I are having problems with our Astro A40s when trying to talk in game chat. Both our voices are clear in party chat, but when we switch to game chat, we can't understand what either...
  10. Mic Adapter and Astro A40's

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Adapter and Astro A40's: Hi guys i am looking to buy a pair of A40's for my pc but would also like to use them with my xbox one. Does anybody know if there are any issues with the xbox one headset adapter with using Astro...