Astro A50s no longer work at all after the latest preview alpha build

Discus and support Astro A50s no longer work at all after the latest preview alpha build in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've had these Astro A50s connect to my Xbox one for years now. Used to have it connected to my xbox one and now I've moved it onto my one x. Never had... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/kcasante, Oct 21, 2019.

1. /u/kcasante
    /u/kcasante Guest

I've had these Astro A50s connect to my Xbox one for years now. Used to have it connected to my xbox one and now I've moved it onto my one x. Never had an issue until today. Now no optical sound out at all. Reseated all the cables and power cycle the one x; Nothing changed.

To verify my a50s we're still working I plugged it into my PS4 pro. Change the base station setting from Xbox to PC and connected the optical to the console. Everything works perfectly.

Reported it to Xbox via the console but I thought I'd share here in the in the hopes that someone has a workaround? I really can't game without these.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

submitted by /u/kcasante
    [link] [comments]

/u/kcasante, Oct 21, 2019
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

Please recommend a XBOX Gaming HEADSET

Hyper X Cloud Alpha

Astro A10 A20 A40 A50
  3. Mogwai Warrior Win User

Gaming HEadset

Astro A50's. Went to the Astro's after having TB's and would never go back.
  4. AFR-55317D62-98D0-4F Win User

What is your preferred headset to use when gaming?

Astro A40s or A50s all the way!
  5. Eagl97 Win User

Astro A50 issue

Astro A50 not working with the new Covert Forces Controller
  6. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Need help with streaming

I would get a dedicated capture device so you can record and or preview stream depending on the capture device features. Also it's easier to just store on your PC for editing and encoding. Need a pretty decent connection to stream and game at the same time
    as well. As for getting the A50 to work with the One you need either the new version with Astro's AG1 cable which only come with the latest A50s marketed with Xbox One compatibility or you need to buy the MS headset adapter.
Thema:

1. Astro A50s no longer work at all after the latest preview alpha build - Similar Threads - Astro A50s longer

2. Astro A50's not working in party chat or game chat on Backwards Compatible games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A50's not working in party chat or game chat on Backwards Compatible games: So I'm trying to figure out how to make my Astro's work on the 360 Emulator that runs the BC games. When i use them on say Halo Reach i can hear other people but they can't hear me. My "Mic icon"...
  3. Astro A50 gen4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A50 gen4: I have to totally disconnect astro a50 gen4 to hook up my receiver and when i switched them back i dont get sound to my a50. I did a factory reset last time and that worked but i should not have...
  4. Astro A50 headset with Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Astro A50 headset with Xbox One: I am extremely disappointed with XBox's live customer service. I registered to get into their queue for a callback from a live representative to help with my Astro A50 headset because my kid was...
  5. The latest alpha skip program update messed up my astro a50.

in XboX Insiders
    The latest alpha skip program update messed up my astro a50.: the whole conversation is on the reddit link i will post down below. i posted it in astro subreddit and got a reply from astro. they didnt really help me that much i just ended up figuring it out...
  6. Astro a50s not detected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro a50s not detected.: Ive seen a few posts about a similar problem and they all seem to be locked without a real resolution. I have astro a50 gen3 wireless headset and the Xbox One X. 3 days after Aprils update...
  7. Astro a50 headset gen3 mic not working on xbox one x after April update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Astro a50 headset gen3 mic not working on xbox one x after April update.: So my headset was working until i did a hard restart on my xbox. Tried everything to fix it the mic wont work in party chat its muted and the symbol shows up. Tried hard reset on xbox and the...
  8. Chat mixer not showing up with Astro a50

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chat mixer not showing up with Astro a50: the party chat on my a50 is extremely loud even with game volume turned all the way up on the headset. Also hear an echo if I try to adjust towards voice audio on the headset. The worst part is...
  9. AStro a50 issue with Xbox 360 backwards compatible games

in XBoX on Consoles
    AStro a50 issue with Xbox 360 backwards compatible games: I have a pair of Astro a50's for the Xbox one, recently black ops 2 was made backwards compatible, my chat works fine on the Xbox one and any games I play, game and party chat but when playing bo2...
  10. Astro A50 Mic no longer working after March System update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A50 Mic no longer working after March System update: the mic on my Astro A50's stopped working after the latest xbox update (OS version: 10.0.15063.1005) The sound comes through as good as it ever did but I can no longer chat or use cortana. The mic...