Astro A50s no longer work at all after the latest preview alpha build

Discus and support Astro A50s no longer work at all after the latest preview alpha build in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've had these Astro A50s connect to my Xbox one for years now. Used to have it connected to my xbox one and now I've moved it onto my one x. Never had... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/kcasante, Oct 21, 2019.

1. /u/kcasante
    /u/kcasante Guest

I've had these Astro A50s connect to my Xbox one for years now. Used to have it connected to my xbox one and now I've moved it onto my one x. Never had an issue until today. Now no optical sound out at all. Reseated all the cables and power cycle the one x; Nothing changed.

To verify my a50s we're still working I plugged it into my PS4 pro. Change the base station setting from Xbox to PC and connected the optical to the console. Everything works perfectly.

Reported it to Xbox via the console but I thought I'd share here in the in the hopes that someone has a workaround? I really can't game without these.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

submitted by /u/kcasante
    [link] [comments]

/u/kcasante, Oct 21, 2019
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

Please recommend a XBOX Gaming HEADSET

Hyper X Cloud Alpha

Astro A10 A20 A40 A50
  3. Mogwai Warrior Win User

Gaming HEadset

Astro A50's. Went to the Astro's after having TB's and would never go back.
  4. AFR-55317D62-98D0-4F Win User

What is your preferred headset to use when gaming?

Astro A40s or A50s all the way!
  5. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Need help with streaming

I would get a dedicated capture device so you can record and or preview stream depending on the capture device features. Also it's easier to just store on your PC for editing and encoding. Need a pretty decent connection to stream and game at the same time
    as well. As for getting the A50 to work with the One you need either the new version with Astro's AG1 cable which only come with the latest A50s marketed with Xbox One compatibility or you need to buy the MS headset adapter.
  6. Eagl97 Win User

Astro A50 issue

Astro A50 not working with the new Covert Forces Controller
Thema:

1. Astro A50s no longer work at all after the latest preview alpha build - Similar Threads - Astro A50s longer

2. Astro A50 Gen 3 causes interference with xbox one controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A50 Gen 3 causes interference with xbox one controllers: Hi peeps. I'm currently in talks with xbox and astro on this problem. Astro won't even admit that there at fault and I'm still awaiting a reply from xbox (they are currently speaking with their...
  3. Astro A50 seetings

in XBoX on Windows
    Astro A50 seetings: I got astro A50 gen 4 for xobx1/ PC and I connected the usb and optical port out . and I activated Dolby atoms . when I play game to get best surrounded sound should I enable Dolby mode from my...
  4. Astro a50 gen 4/atmos

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro a50 gen 4/atmos: Anybody using the 4th gen astros managed to get them working with atmos??in the dolby is the following:- 1,how are your headphones connected? wireless or optical?as im wireless to base then...
  5. Anyone in Alpha skip ahead using A50 Astros?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone in Alpha skip ahead using A50 Astros?: or any other headset using optical? Since this latest update, I have no sound at all through my A50s. I saw the patch about changing screen frequency and fidelity but no settings work for me. If...
  6. Gen 3 Astro A50’s mic doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gen 3 Astro A50’s mic doesn’t work: I have tried updating both xbox/base and headsets reverted to an older updated for a50s bought new cables for the base Everything is plugged in properly I get audio just dors not pic up...
  7. Astro A50’s Mic not working for on Xbox One X

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Astro A50’s Mic not working for on Xbox One X: Astro A50’s Mic not working for on Xbox One X Ive seen the dame problem. You can pull out the usb ans plug it back in. Also you can go to the accessories app and manually assign it....
  8. Astro A50 Gen 4 headset not working in chat or game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A50 Gen 4 headset not working in chat or game chat.: So the last thread about the Astro A50 was not working is the same exact problem I was having. Brand new Astro A50 out of the box generation 4. No one can talk to me in Call of Duty Modern Warfare...
  9. Astro A50's not working in party chat or game chat

in XBoX Accessibility
    Astro A50's not working in party chat or game chat: I have changed the settings made sure the mic was updated it is enabled and I have reset it. c0b4b8a8-1a70-45cb-a148-73f2c86b90f1
  10. Astro A50 Mic no longer working after March System update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A50 Mic no longer working after March System update: the mic on my Astro A50's stopped working after the latest xbox update (OS version: 10.0.15063.1005) The sound comes through as good as it ever did but I can no longer chat or use cortana. The mic...