Astroneer multiplayer - Failed to find session

Discus and support Astroneer multiplayer - Failed to find session in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Me and my friend have been trying to play multiplayer nonstop but we just can't make it work. He is on a pc with the game from the xbox store and i am... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OliverHellner, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Astroneer multiplayer - Failed to find session

Me and my friend have been trying to play multiplayer nonstop but we just can't make it work. He is on a pc with the game from the xbox store and i am on another pc with the game from the game pass. He got the game first on xbox and after he downloaded the
    same copy but for pc (he didn't buy it again) can someone help? We have tried creating ports just for us and allowing everything but it didn't work, we tried to start the game fresh and go directly into multiplayer, didn't work, we tried to join in the session
    while the host was dead, didn't work, we restarted both of ours computers, it didn;t work.

Can someone please help? The previous solutions from older posts don't work anymore and I'm thinking the only way to play together is to both of us buy the game on steam and play through there.

Thank you,

ReedyLace.

:)

OliverHellner, Oct 5, 2020
  2. Debora Biermann
    Debora Biermann New Member
    This is happening to a lot of people. I think it has something to do with the new Xbox Companion App update Microsoft did. If you still having problems, but try making sure you and your friend on the same branch (right click on astroneer in steam library, go to properties, then I think it's the patches tab or betas tab, dont exactly know. But make sure everyones on the main branch. I can give more instruction if you want).

Debora Biermann, Sep 23, 2021
  3. Vrox11 Win User

My xbox one lets me do everything except play multiplier!!!

Same, my Xbox One connects to every thing fine but multiplayer will refuse to work. But I get no error codes, only dragging on session searches or failed connections to sessions.
  4. Lexrax_TBD Win User

Astroneer multiplayer not working

5. Onyx Is Here Win User

astroneer multiplayer bug

Sorry to hear it. This may be an issue on his end then. Have him try powercycling his console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds till it shuts down.

He should also check his Network Settings and make sure his NAT is OPEN
  6. NathanaëlLatour Win User

Astroneer multiplayer not working

Hi thanks for the fast reply,

I don't think it's coming from my network because it is working pretty well on browsers or other games for exemple. And i tried with two different network (a wi-fi box and the 4G from my phone) but it not worked either. The faq is not helping for anything
    out of network problem.
  7. JakeWeatherley Win User

astroneer multiplayer bug

Thx ill try ill give u an update in about a week and ill see if it works
Thema:

Astroneer multiplayer - Failed to find session

1. Astroneer multiplayer - Failed to find session - Similar Threads - Astroneer multiplayer Failed

2. Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it...: Ok as the subject line says "Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it appears to be locked?" I purchased the gamepass in order to multiplayer game...
  3. having issues launching ASTRONEER from the store (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    having issues launching ASTRONEER from the store (PC): i have tried the following fixes and none have worked Uninstalling and Reinstalling NAT Type Graphics Drivers Windows Update Reinstalling Windows Restarting PC Resetting Game Resetting...
  4. Cannot launch Astroneer on xbox app on Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot launch Astroneer on xbox app on Windows: When I try and launch the app the splash screen shows for a few seconds and goes away. If I look at the event viewer I get "The server...
  5. Unable to unlock the "Barrier Buster" achievement in ASTRONEER

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to unlock the "Barrier Buster" achievement in ASTRONEER: I have tried every possible solution that I have been given and none have seem to work. I have met the requirements countless times and have waited over 72 hours every time it has been suggested....
  6. Astroneer crashing on startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Astroneer crashing on startup: Hello I recently got the game pass on my pc. So I got astroneer but once it was finished downloading i opened it for it to just crash. I get the error message in the event viewer The server...
  7. My Friend gets kicked mid game in Astroneer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Friend gets kicked mid game in Astroneer: I normally host a map and my friend joins as normal. After a amount of time he gets kicked and he gets and error with something like (Failed to connect to Host) , i'm playing that map with 3...
  8. Cant start Coop session on Astroneer, Xbox one to Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant start Coop session on Astroneer, Xbox one to Windows 10: Trying to play Astroneer with my son, he has it on his Xbox. I have it on my PC, through game pass. It tells me he is un-joinable, it wont let him invite me, and when I invite him he gets a...
  9. Astroneer multiplayer not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Astroneer multiplayer not working: Yesterday i have played with 2 of my friends on a coop save and it all worked fine. But today the host launched the save and we were not able to connect to his session whatever we tried (switching...
  10. astroneer multiplayer bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    astroneer multiplayer bug: I play astroneer on Windows 10. my friend plays on Xbox 1. I can join him successfully but when he tries to join me it said : failed to join to host: host server could not be found," plz help me I...