AT&T TV pixelated and freezes with Xbox RJ45

Discus and support AT&T TV pixelated and freezes with Xbox RJ45 in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; AT&T TV pixelated and freezes with Xbox RJ45 This is sounding like a port is messed up somewhere, I would say trying out without going through the... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by SteveBostic, Sep 18, 2019.

1. SteveBostic
    SteveBostic Guest

I have tried 2 other unmanaged network switches, no joy. I think I might have success though. Last night I moved the cable box with the DVR to another room and swapped with a cable box that does NOT have a DVR in it. Those DVR boxes require a cat5 connection
    to the router to work. The regular boxes can be connected either through cat5 or HPNA. I connected it on the HPNA (RG6 cable). The Xbox is now on cat5 and connected to the switch and all seems to be working just fine. Need more time watching TV to be sure
    but it looks good so far.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm just trying to determine if the Xbox is the problem so I can return it for another if it is in fact the problem. If all continues as it is, working OK, I will try using a different port from the router. Didn't think of that
    so thanks for that suggestion!

:)

SteveBostic, Sep 18, 2019
  2. SeizeTheFrog Win User

Hey, I suggest seeing if it is the switch that is faulty by plugging both the Xbox and cable box directly into the router. If they both work fine then I think you should have a look at buying a new network switch. You could also try having the Xbox in
    a different power mode (eco mode) as this might resolve your issue. Hope this helps.
  3. AngelObullets Win User

This is sounding like a port is messed up somewhere, I would say trying out without going through the console and trying a different router main port. to see if there a Ethernet port issue of losing connection while in use causing this pixelation.
  4. SteveBostic Win User

This is sounding like a port is messed up somewhere, I would say trying out without going through the console and trying a different router main port. to see if there a Ethernet port issue of losing connection while in use causing this pixelation.
    I have tried 2 other unmanaged network switches, no joy. I think I might have success though. Last night I moved the cable box with the DVR to another room and swapped with a cable box that does NOT have a DVR in it. Those DVR boxes require a cat5 connection
    to the router to work. The regular boxes can be connected either through cat5 or HPNA. I connected it on the HPNA (RG6 cable). The Xbox is now on cat5 and connected to the switch and all seems to be working just fine. Need more time watching TV to be sure
    but it looks good so far.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm just trying to determine if the Xbox is the problem so I can return it for another if it is in fact the problem. If all continues as it is, working OK, I will try using a different port from the router. Didn't think of that
    so thanks for that suggestion!
  5. KILIZARD Win User

Playing Minecraft online with multiple people

yes it is just have an HD tv. the reason of this is becuase there is so many frame pixels aloud on a tv ,an hd tv can hold that many pixels!
  6. elquietone Win User

Tv Or Xbox?

Hello,

Can you change the TV to an AV channel without the Xbox on, something with a 1 color background like blue or black should work. I only ask this because if you are seeing green pixels showing up on the TV screen, it is usually the result of a dead pixel on
    the TV. I would ask are the pixels always in the same spot on the TV when you see them.. as Dead pixels don't move around. If there was something wrong with the Xbox display it would commonly affect the whole TV screen and not just a pixel or 2. If you think
    its the Xbox, try playing around with the setting for HDMI, like change between 720p and 1080p as well as screen size and see if that has any change.

If it is indeed seen on the TV when your on the AV screen's or a 1 color screen if you can make it show up like that.. (turn on your DVD/BR player to its default screen which are normally 1 color and you might be able to see if the pixels are there too. Being
    that its new you should be able to exchange the TV for a new one and tell them you see dead pixels as the reason for the return.

The reason I think it is a dead pixel is because a friend of mine bought a new TV and when I helped him set it up in his basement, we were presented with Green and Pink pixels in about 4 spots on the screen, which were really obvious, so we returned it.

Anyways, let me know what the result is. :)
Thema:

1. AT&T TV pixelated and freezes with Xbox RJ45 - Similar Threads - AT&T pixelated freezes

2. Xbox 360 Console Connection with Smartglass App on Windows 10 doesn´t work!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 Console Connection with Smartglass App on Windows 10 doesn´t work!: Xbox 360 Console Connection with Smartglass App on Windows 10 doesn´t work! How could I connect my Windows 10 PC (SmartGlass App) with my Xbox 360 Console? Thx 58c7389e-3e4b-43d7-b373-911e73bdbe25
  3. I'm the only one who see this sh*t and gets annoyed?

in XboX Insiders
    I'm the only one who see this sh*t and gets annoyed?: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  4. Either is a generic T&C or the program will be released until late next year

in XboX Insiders
    Either is a generic T&C or the program will be released until late next year: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  5. This is bullsh*t.

in XboX Insiders
    This is bullsh*t.: I was accepted for the MCC reach flighting but since I'm under 18 it won't let me play it. It's complete and utter bullsh*t. submitted by /u/DATBOI_441 [link] [comments]
  6. I CAN`T PLAY ANY GAME

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I CAN`T PLAY ANY GAME: SOMEONE KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE XBOX SERVERS? I CAN´T DO ANYTHING HERE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME 379ae8d5-f1ae-4d15-9de9-19e229b73b32
  7. Can´t play Gears 5 because it kicks me of the online game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can´t play Gears 5 because it kicks me of the online game.: See, i buy the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to play Gears 5, i install it all fine at this point but the problem comes here, i wanted to play a versus match but i can´t, i´ve got kicked every time i...
  8. I buy a gift card and doesn`t give me the rigth money that is supossed to do, how can i fix it?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I buy a gift card and doesn`t give me the rigth money that is supossed to do, how can i fix it?: Recently i buy a gift card but it doesn't give me the right amount of money that is supposed to do, do you have any idea what is it, or even better how to fix it , please i will appreciate it...
  9. I don´t understand whats going on with my ultimate game pass subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don´t understand whats going on with my ultimate game pass subscription: Hi everyone, First of all I´m from Spain so sorry if something here is bad wtritten. Today I bought the Ultimate game pass for 1€ 1 month. My issue is what happens with my suscription. Before...
  10. I can´t play some games of GamePass

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can´t play some games of GamePass: Hi, as I said in the top, I can´t play some gamepass games, I paid 3 months of Gamepass Ultimate, and I can play Forza Horizon 4 only, but the other games, when I open it appears a screen saying...