Atmos causing pop & loss of sound

Discus and support Atmos causing pop & loss of sound in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Having Dolby Atmos on in my sound setup is causing random pops and loss of sound. Sound setup is this: Sonos Arc + 2x sonos speakers TV using ARC... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/monkeys_suck, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Atmos causing pop & loss of sound

Having Dolby Atmos on in my sound setup is causing random pops and loss of sound. Sound setup is this:

Sonos Arc + 2x sonos speakers TV using ARC audio (Sony XBR-900H)

The sound pops are unrelated to anything going on. Most recent one I was just sitting on the dashboard, nothing happening. This doesn't happen to other devices, and is happening VERY commonly on Xbox.

submitted by /u/monkeys_suck
    [link] [comments]

/u/monkeys_suck, Sep 15, 2021
  2. Silkyjonboy Win User

Netflix Dolby Atmos popping and crackling, distortion even with latest May 2020 updates.

I have EXACTLY thes mae mae problem. I have a new denon AVR atmos reciver and nerlric constantly pops and cracks. Disney+, my own atmos movies and blu ray all work flawlessly. I can see on my recivers dosplay thay it is flickering between Atmos and PCM
    signal, causing the crack or pop. Ive tried everything
  3. Exodion Win User

Xbox One X Dolby Atmos not working

Same, LGB7V. X connected to the 1st HDMI port of the TV. I managed to get HDR working and DTS works along with Dolby Digital but when I turn to Atmos bamm no sound. Fair enough that playing an atmos movie fthrough DLNA directly on the TV Atmos is picked
    up. I thought it was caused because I'm using the TV's atmos speakers directly but it seems like you guys are having the same issue with external speakers too. Interesting...
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Dolby Atmos trial offered thru XB Store. Any feedback appreciated.

If you have a sound bar that supports Dolby Atmos, then it wont cost you anything to use it, only the headset portion of Dolby Atmos is $14.99. I use Dolby Atmos and it does sound great, but only for games that support it, otherwise it just sounds normal
    for the games that don't.
  5. Arminator Win User

Simulated Atmos from XBOX One S?

No, the Xbox One S does not simulate ATMOS from a 5.1 source.

However, since the Xbox One can run multiple sound applications at any given time (for example you run an Atmos enabled game, while having a music app running in the background), the console will ALWAYS output an ATMOS signal to your receiver, since the
    game sound is in spatial surround.

Into that ATMOS spatial surround sound track, the stereo music track will be mixed in. But since the music track does not have surround or height information in it's stereo signal, you won't get the music in ATMOS spatial surround, even if your receiver
    shows ATMOS coming in.

If you watch a 5.1 video in VUDU, the Xbox will distribute the 5.1 sound information to the front, center, back surround and subwoofer channels for the ATMOS signal, and your ceiling speakers for example won't get sound.

So even if your receiver shows ATMOS, and you have twenty speakers mounted in your home cinema, only the standard 5.1 speakers will produce sound, if you watch a 5.1 sound source.
  6. atmos_frustrated Win User

Dolby Atmos keeps turning off and resetting on Xbox One X

Recently acquired the Samsung-Q90R soundbar supporting Atmos. Have everything set up, but as soon as I select Atmos as the encoding on my Xbox, no sound at all. Works fine with Dolby Digital and DTS. Never had a working setup before this update, but I can't
    get Atmos to play any sound at all.

Wondering if I have to take the Q90R back... it sounds great even without the Atmos, but this is supremely frustrating.
Thema:

Atmos causing pop & loss of sound

1. Atmos causing pop & loss of sound - Similar Threads - Atmos causing pop

2. Dolby Atmos no longer listed under Known Issues. Has it been fixed?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos no longer listed under Known Issues. Has it been fixed?: I noticed in the most recent Alpha Skip Ahead Insider Release Notes that "No audio when using Dolby Atmos" under Known Issues got removed. Has this been resolved or abandoned? submitted by...
  3. Audio Delay - Bitstream & Atmos using LG77C1OLED and LGSN11RG

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Delay - Bitstream & Atmos using LG77C1OLED and LGSN11RG: Is there any word from Xbox on atmos lag and bistream lag in general ? My System Xbox Series X > LG77C1OLED > LG SN11RG Soundbar There are dozens of threads across multiple websites, addressing...
  4. Dolby Atmos app on XBox Series X is "not active", even though it's selected in the audio...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos app on XBox Series X is "not active", even though it's selected in the audio...: Hello guys, I am using the above mentioned app for audio and having the issue that I have to manually deselect and select it again in the audio settings to make it work. You can clearly hear the...
  5. Dolby atmos no sound workaround on xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby atmos no sound workaround on xbox: To anyone having issues with the sound cutting off with dolby atmos I've found it seems to be due to the switching of signals when starting a game or app that uses hdr/dolby vision as its...
  6. Atmos delay with Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Atmos delay with Series X: Hi, im getting an audio delay with Series X and my home theatre soundbar(Q870a/xy), which is true atmos compatible. setup is: Series X plugged directly into TV (Q80T) via 2.1HDMI cord, then using...
  7. Error 0x80bd0037 when setting up Dolby Atmos for Headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0x80bd0037 when setting up Dolby Atmos for Headphones: I am attempting to enable Dolby atmos for headphones on my Xbox series x however when I do I get an error sting I need a license and a learn more button that takes me to the Dolby access app. In...
  8. Dolby Atmos not Working on Alpha?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not Working on Alpha?: Hello everyone, I have a 75Inch Vizio Quantum, a Vizio Dolby Atmos sound system, and a Series X. I have the Series X routed into the Sound Bar, and the TV out coming out of the sound bar, into...
  9. Dolby Atmos distortion when VRR disabled in 4K 120hz mode fixed!

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos distortion when VRR disabled in 4K 120hz mode fixed!: I reported this issue to LG and Xbox 6 months ago a few weeks after I received my Xbox Series X at launch. Initially things were fine, but a few weeks after launch after an Xbox Alpha Insider...
  10. New update causes avr Dolby atmos problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    New update causes avr Dolby atmos problem: new update has put my Yamaha avr into constant Dolby atmos surround sound even content that’s not supported before the update it auto switched to various soundfields fine none supported games and...