Atmos only outputs Multichannel

Discus and support Atmos only outputs Multichannel in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I’ve seen a number of questions about issues getting Dolby Atmos to play out to a receiver, and instead only getting Multichannel out. I can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NeedABeer2Play, Oct 10, 2019 at 8:53 AM.

1. Atmos only outputs Multichannel

Hi all,

I’ve seen a number of questions about issues getting Dolby Atmos to play out to a receiver, and instead only getting Multichannel out. I can only seem to find locked threads without answers I’m having the same problem with my XBOX ONE X and Onkyo Tx-NR797.
    Ive triple checked the audio setting after reinstalling the dolby access app, but cant seem to sort out how to get proper Atmos out. Can someone point me in the direction of the solution please?

Much appreciated,

B

:)

NeedABeer2Play, Oct 10, 2019 at 8:53 AM
  2. justin0862 Win User

I just bought the 797 today and i am having the same issues. When you play a uhd movie i get Atmos. But all games say “pcm” the reciever i had before played atmos with no problem. There must be a patch or something i hope coming.
  3. NeedABeer2Play Win User

So after following up with the Dolby Access support team, apparently games aren't supported on home theater, only on headphones:

"Unfortunately, Games encoded with Dolby Atmos audio are not compatible with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, as they are specifically configured for Dolby Atmos for Headphones. If the content you are experiencing is not compatible with the app you are
    using, then audio will cease, or will simply output as regular stereo output.

To clarify, Dolby Atmos for Home Theater is included at no charge with any Dolby Atmos supported hardware, such as a receiver or Xbox One X, and is used to activate Dolby Atmos features via HDMI connection for a Dolby Atmos certified AVR, soundbar,
    or TV."

"Unfortunately, the version of Dolby Atmos included with your Xbox is Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, which is not compliant with any gaming content."

It kind of strikes me as hard to believe, or that this won't be addressed, but that's what they're saying for now. That said, it still isn't working for me for Netflix content either, so I'm going continue troubleshooting with them and see what's doable
    and what's not. Fingers crossed.
  4. Chargersbride Win User

5. NeedABeer2Play Win User

Thanks for the link, but I’ve already tried all the usual steps. Now I’m looking for more thorough troubleshooting. The connections are all correct and I’ve triple-checked that all the cabling is high-speed. From what i can tell right now, the issue seems
    to be the output for the XBOX ONE X itself.
  6. Jazzy350Z Win User

I'm having same issue with onkyo rv840, but my tv is 4k. When I used onkyo 696 my receiver said xbox was outputting atmos and my receiver was thus outputting atmos. Now with new receiver it says "multich pcm" input and output.

I've done extensive troubleshooting both with onkyo and xbox and without typing every detail out right now, we've safely concluded it's a xbox issue, not receiver. All settings are correct, eliminated cables, tv, and receiver as source of issue.

Blu ray discs will play atmos from xbox, but streaming apps and games do multich pcm.

This is driving me nuts! Plus keep the suggestions coming.
    Glad to see it's not just me, I had a 696 also before I switched to the 797 for the added height channels but had Atmos on the 696 and multich on this 797.
Thema:

1. Atmos only outputs Multichannel - Similar Threads - Atmos outputs Multichannel

2. Dolby atmos output on 4K UHD blu ray movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby atmos output on 4K UHD blu ray movie: Finally managed to find problem, with Dolby atmos output . On Blu Ray settings menu on XBox. Un tick let my reciever decode audio. Atmos is then listed on my Yamaha receiver Hope this helps...
  3. Why can't XB1X output Atmos to AV Reciever with Atmos USB headset attached

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't XB1X output Atmos to AV Reciever with Atmos USB headset attached: Split from this thread. I have the same question. Why do i have to manually change the headset audio to stereo to get the any sort of surround audio output to my receiver. I would be happy...
  4. XB1X Dolby Atmos "inferior" to other outputs

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1X Dolby Atmos "inferior" to other outputs: My setup is XB1X to a MarantZ SR5011 Receiver and to an LG B7 OLED television. All my cables are new 2.1 HDMI and certified HDCP 2.2 compliant. Here is the issue: With apps, the sound that is...
  5. Blu ray App Won't Output Dolby Atmos

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blu ray App Won't Output Dolby Atmos: The built in blu ray player won't output dolby atmos to an atmos system, only dolby true-hd. For some background info: my Xbox one s is being fed into my Onkyo Tx-NR575, and then using arc into...
  6. Xbox will only output sound in Dolby Atmos

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox will only output sound in Dolby Atmos: Since the April Xbox One update, my Xbox will now only output sound in Dolby Atmos mode, even when the content I am watching does not support Dolby Atmos. Before the update, there would only be...
  7. Xbox will only output sound in Dolby Atmos

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox will only output sound in Dolby Atmos: Since the April Xbox One update, my Xbox will now only output sound in Dolby Atmos mode, even when the content I am watching does not support Dolby Atmos. Before the update, there would only be...
  8. Why can't XB1X output Atmos to AV Reciever with Atmos USB headset attached

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't XB1X output Atmos to AV Reciever with Atmos USB headset attached: Why can't my XB1X output Atmos to AV Reciever with wireless Atmos USB headset attached???? I have just purchased a plantronics 800lx headset which I plan to leave connected at all time via USB as...
  9. No ATMOS sound output with Samsung HW-K850 and Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    No ATMOS sound output with Samsung HW-K850 and Xbox One X: Hello, I just received my XBOX One X yesterday and attempted to set it up with my Samsung HW-K850 soundbar, which supports Dolby ATMOS. The XBOX is connected to the soundbar via HDMI (I've tried...
  10. XBOX ONE S OUTPUTTING DOLBY ATMOS ON LG SJ 9 AND LG OLED E6**CONFIRMED***

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S OUTPUTTING DOLBY ATMOS ON LG SJ 9 AND LG OLED E6**CONFIRMED***: For those out there like myself who were/are having this issue, I can confirm XBOX ONE S can output Dolby Atmos. There are a few things to note, first the setup. XBOX ONE S > LG SJ 9 via (HDMI...