Atmos via passthrough broken in latest build

Discus and support Atmos via passthrough broken in latest build in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Dolby Atmos does not work anymore via the passthrough feature. I only get DD+ on my AVR display and the ceiling speakers are quiet. The funny thing is... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/bomli, Oct 27, 2021.

1. /u/bomli
    /u/bomli Guest

Dolby Atmos does not work anymore via the passthrough feature. I only get DD+ on my AVR display and the ceiling speakers are quiet.

The funny thing is that this is even true for the actual Dolby app. If you disable passthrough Atmos works, but with passthrough active the stream that gets handed to the AVR is in a simple DD+ format which misses the object based audio completely.

Does anyone else get the same result?

For reproduction, enable both Atmos and passthrough in the audio settings and then play one of the demo videos in the Dolby app.

submitted by /u/bomli
    [link] [comments]

/u/bomli, Oct 27, 2021
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Where's the Customer Service?

3. Pschirki Win User

Atmos not working on netflix and games

Are you an Insider? There seemed to be problems with Dolby Atmos during the latest builds.

As for me, i'm Insider too, i use the Atmos App with my xbox hooked to an Pioneer VSX 1122 by optical cable. I choosed the optical headset option in sound settings and it's working like a charm with all games and apps.
  4. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

first part of the problem, Dolby Atmos missing in TV Netflix App: the reason why Netflix App on TV don't recognize Dolby Atmos is simple, the TV don't support it, only latest Samsung 4K Q series (like Q90R) have pass trough for ARC HDMI and Dolby Atmos (not
    direct support, only passthrough), and the latest Soundbar (again, Q series) support it without any issue (this latest SoundBar have also a Built-in Game Mode to reduce as much as possible latency).

For example I have a Samsung Q9FN 55" (top 4K Samsung 2018) and no support for Dolby Atmos.

So, as you understand perfectly, the best option is to connect the console (and any other device you desire) directly to the Onkyo 7.1 ampli.

Now the second part of the problem, all upscaled to Dolby Atmos by console.

For this I can't help you because at the moment I have only Dolby Atmos for headphones and is obviously an upmix, a virtual multi speaker on a stereo headphone.

I don't know how work the Dolby Atmos app on console for the multi speaker system, the only idea I have is to try open the App and search for any setting, maybe you can find one to disable the "always upmix to Dolby Atmos" and switch to something like "play
    in Dolby Atmos only Dolby Atmos native content".
  5. Luis FernandoCastro Win User

Are you an Insider? There seemed to be problems with Dolby Atmos during the latest builds.

As for me, i'm Insider too, i use the Atmos App with my xbox hooked to an Pioneer VSX 1122 by optical cable. I choosed the optical headset option in sound settings and it's working like a charm with all games and apps.
    I am not an insider. It's complicated I paid 1,000 dollars for the receiver to have atmos and I don't have it. only bluray movies play on xbox with atmos. all the rest not.
  6. annix Win User

Have you made sure you have the 4K premium Netflix subscription? I can't say why the games aren't showing as Atmos, but I know that not having the more expensive netflix subscription was my problem in not having atmos come through. Have you tried using
    e-arc (if you have it) rather than bitstream for your Atmos passthrough?
Thema:

1. Atmos via passthrough broken in latest build - Similar Threads - Atmos via passthrough

2. How To Set Up Dolby Atmos on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    How To Set Up Dolby Atmos on Series X: Hi All! I may just be missing something obvious, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to set up my Dolby Atmos on my Series X. I paid the license fee, it shows I have access via the app,...
  3. Dolby Atmos for Home Theater disabled by Astro’s base station

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for Home Theater disabled by Astro’s base station: Hello, I just got the Astro A50, on Xbox Series X you have to branch the charge station through USB, the issue is that the Xbox doesn’t detect HDMI as the primary output anymore when it’s plugged...
  4. Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV)

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV): Hi, my setup is I have the xbox connected via HDMI 2.1 to my television into a HDMI 2.1 port. From there the TV is setup to pass through the audio to a Dolby atmos compatible sound bar. This WAS...
  5. Dolby Atmos audio delay with eArc

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos audio delay with eArc: Hi all, hope everyone is well? Sorry if this issue has already been picked up. I have my Series X connected to my LG CX via HDMI 2.1. I have just picked up a new Samsung Q700A soundbar, this is...
  6. Dolby Atmos via eARC new XBOX Series X

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dolby Atmos via eARC new XBOX Series X: I have a Q900R, 8K Samsung with 120hz refresh rate on HDMI 4. HDMI 3 is the ARC input / output. My receiver is a Marantz 7013 with 4k pass through but only rated at 60 hz. The system is dolby...
  7. Blank Screen when using Dolby atmos via HDMI

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blank Screen when using Dolby atmos via HDMI: i connected my xbox to my LG SK8 soundbar and then my soundbar with a HDMI to my ARC port in my Tv but i just get a black sreen and no sound. anyone got a solution for this?...
  8. Xbox Windows Sonic/Dolby Atmos for Headphones to Receiver via HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Windows Sonic/Dolby Atmos for Headphones to Receiver via HDMI: When either Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for Headphones is selected and headphone audio is output via HDMI or optical (i.e. box is checked in settings menu), my receiver still shows that it is...
  9. Unable to play Dolby Atmos via Xbox Blu ray player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play Dolby Atmos via Xbox Blu ray player: Hi I have now updated my Xbox to bitstream, the Dolby Atmos app works perfectly and when you play one of the Atmos demo videos my Denon amp changes to Dolby Atmos, but for the life of me when I...
  10. DOLBY ATMOS UPDATE NOT AVAILABLE VIA INSIDER HUB

in XBoX on Consoles
    DOLBY ATMOS UPDATE NOT AVAILABLE VIA INSIDER HUB: i have insider hub app and when I click insider content it takes me to insider program but there is no option for downloading any app update that would allow me to get Dolby Atmos deciding...